PDA

View Full Version : For baseball fans- article with a video on TOPS baseball card collecting

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-04-2021, 08:31 AM
https://www.microsoftnewskids.com/en-us/kids/video/topps-baseball-cards-celebrates-70-years-of-a-sports-tradition/vi-AAKDB1m?ocid=msedgdhp

Topps Baseball Cards celebrates 70 years of a sports tradition
Duration: 01:19 2 days ago

Video at link..

I have a large card collection, which includes several hundreds of each of these Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey..--Tyr

Gunny
06-04-2021, 12:21 PM
Thought it was going to say only privileged whites had sports cards and should give them up.

jimnyc
06-04-2021, 01:40 PM
Topps Baseball Cards celebrates 70 years of a sports tradition
Duration: 01:19 2 days ago

Video at link..

I have a large card collection, which includes several hundreds of each of these Baseball, Basketball, Football, Hockey..--Tyr

Only football myself, and a couple of baseball cards. Mostly my Steelers stuff!

I went to a new dentist yesterday, and in his office, wow!

Supposedly a Babe Ruth worn jersey in a frame, but no authentication that I saw.

These all had certificates with them:

A 4'x2' framed photo, and also signed by Ted Williams
A photo signed by Johnny Bench
A baseball bat signed by Aaron Judge and also one from Derek Jeter
A worn Jeter jersey and also signed
Keith Hernandez signed jersey
Signed jersey from someone on SD Padres, didn't have time to inspect that one, odd angle
Mickey Mantle signed photo

There was more and I can't remember. Nothing but top of the line signed memorabilia! His office is only like a mile from me. Who wants in on planning "Mission Impossible" with me? :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2021, 07:07 AM
Thought it was going to say only privileged whites had sports cards and should give them up.

I am not giving up a damn thing. If the craven bastards want something from me I say-- "come and take it "!--:gunner3:
I was raised to be a true American --and not to be some kind of craven coward or ffing sheeple..-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2021, 07:11 AM
Only football myself, and a couple of baseball cards. Mostly my Steelers stuff!

I went to a new dentist yesterday, and in his office, wow!

Supposedly a Babe Ruth worn jersey in a frame, but no authentication that I saw.

These all had certificates with them:

A 4'x2' framed photo, and also signed by Ted Williams
A photo signed by Johnny Bench
A baseball bat signed by Aaron Judge and also one from Derek Jeter
A worn Jeter jersey and also signed
Keith Hernandez signed jersey
Signed jersey from someone on SD Padres, didn't have time to inspect that one, odd angle
Mickey Mantle signed photo

There was more and I can't remember. Nothing but top of the line signed memorabilia! His office is only like a mile from me. Who wants in on planning "Mission Impossible" with me? :laugh2:

Jim my friend --you must go to a very --rich-- dentist!
I hope that he is not buying those expensive collectible articles with your money..... :laugh:--Tyr

jimnyc
06-05-2021, 01:59 PM
Jim my friend --you must go to a very --rich-- dentist!
I hope that he is not buying those expensive collectible articles with your money..... :laugh:--Tyr

I am thinking about just that. I went in for a few issues, but he's trying to get me for another signed Ted Williams!! :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2021, 08:55 PM
I am thinking about just that. I went in for a few issues, but he's trying to get me for another signed Ted Williams!! :laugh:

I suggest that you quit this dentist if-
the next time you go - you see a signed Babe Ruth on display!-- :laugh:--Tyr