PDA

View Full Version : Lori Lightfoot speaks about DCNF Lawsuit

jimnyc
06-11-2021, 03:23 PM
So this POS has decided to now only do interviews with black/brown people (posted this a few times). She says that every time she speaks and looks out from behind the podium, she wants to see people of her kind, and that now she never sees that. She wants to see people that look like her. :laugh: Good luck with THAT!

The decision right off the bat is just flat out racism.
She doesn't care for all the people she does see. Tough shit, move then to a city to rep other people. You are to represent ALL in Chicago.
Take color out of it - and she still doesn't/shouldn't have the right to choose,
She has stated - "her choice to limit solo interviews to Black and brown journalists started a "long overdue conversation" about diversity in the media industry." - WHO'S long overdue conversation? Black people? Journalists? IF anything, the problem would be black people in the media industry, not politics.

IMO, she is making nothing more than excuses for her gross racism.

---

Lori Lightfoot Calls DCNF Lawsuit Over Her Policy Barring White Reporters From Interviewing Her ‘Frivolous’

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Friday responded to the Daily Caller News Foundation’s lawsuit against her, calling it “frivolous.”

“The lawsuit is completely frivolous,” Lightfoot told CNN Friday morning. “I’d use a more colorful term if we weren’t on TV.”

“But here’s the thing, I’m the mayor of the third largest city in the country. I’m an African American woman, to state the obvious. Everyday when I look out across my podium, I don’t see people who look like me but more to the point I don’t see people who reflect the richness and diversity of this city,” Lightfoot said.

DCNF reporter Thomas Catenacci and Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit on May 27, just over a week after Lightfoot announced the policy on Twitter May 19. Catenacci attempted to secure an interview on May 20, 21 and 24, according to the lawsuit, and was met with repeated non-responses.

https://i.imgur.com/Zenoc3A.png

Attorneys for Catenacci and Lightfoot appeared in federal court Monday, where District Judge John Z. Lee ordered Lightfoot’s attorneys to clarify her policy by Friday. Her defense has argued that the policy was only in place for one day, while Catenacci’s attorneys have argued that there is no evidence that the policy is no longer in effect.

“What we saw on Monday … was a really encouraging sign,” Catenacci told Fox News on Thursday. “Essentially, the judge ordered the mayor and the city to state on the record and present to the court its [clarified] policy. What that means is that the city will have to say, ‘Yes, for one day we did discriminate based on race.’ And then from that point forward we’ll see what they give the court.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/06/11/lori-lightfoot-daily-caller-news-foundation-policy-barring-white-reporters-frivolous/

Gunny
06-11-2021, 03:56 PM
The courts need to move faster on this kind of crap rather than allowing even a minute of damage that's being done.

Same time, ALL journalists should boycott her ugly ass. That would require integrity.

darin
06-11-2021, 04:04 PM
NOTHING will happen to her. If she were White-ish or even a Republican Mayor she'd be facing serious trouble, however.

jimnyc
06-11-2021, 04:43 PM
The courts need to move faster on this kind of crap rather than allowing even a minute of damage that's being done.

Same time, ALL journalists should boycott her ugly ass. That would require integrity.

NOTHING will happen to her. If she were White-ish or even a Republican Mayor she'd be facing serious trouble, however.

No personal responsibility from anyone anymore. Certainly no accountability anymore. And hell, when it's the left, which is most of the time, the right may acknowledge it but then they never do anything about it anymore.

And absolutely, if this was a white person, and a republican - the investigation would have long ago been started.