PDA

View Full Version : Instagram Tries to Rent Pink Floyd Song

jimnyc
06-14-2021, 08:20 PM
Good for them! Floyd rocks!!

---

Instagram Tries to Rent Pink Floyd Song, Roger Waters Replies, 'F**k You!' Mark Zuckerberg

(CNS News) -- In response to Instagram's request to rent a Pink Floyd song for an advertising campaign -- Instagram is owned by Facebook -- one of the band's founding members, Roger Waters, said, 'F**k you! No f**king way!"

Waters also described Facebook and Instagram as an "insidious movement" designed to "take over absolutely everything."

"They want to use it [the song] to make Facebook and Instagram even bigger and more powerful than it already is, so that it can continue to censor all of us in this room," said Waters.

Describing Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, Waters said, "here he is, one of the most powerful idiots in the world."

Waters, who was the leading figure behind Pink Floyd's hugely popular "The Wall" album, made his remarks at a June 10 event to raise awareness about Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks.

Video of the event was shared by Mexico's La Jornado on Saturday.

Holding up a piece of paper, Waters said, "This is something that I actually put in my folder when I came out here today. You have no idea what it is, nobody does, because it arrived on the Internet to me this morning."

"It's a request for the rights to use my song, 'Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2),' in the making of a film to promote Instagram," said Waters.

"So, it's a missive, it's a missive from Mark Zuckerberg to me --right, arrived this morning -- with an offer of a huge, huge amount of money and the answer is, 'f*** you! No f***ing way!" said Waters.

"And I only mention that because this is an insidious movement of them to take over absolutely everything," he said. "So those of us who do have any power, and I do have a little bit -- in terms of control of the publishing of my songs, I do anyway. So I will not be a party to this bulls***, Zuckerberg."

Rest - https://www.cnsnews.com/index.php/article/international/michael-w-chapman/instagram-tries-rent-pink-floyd-song-roger-waters-replies