PDA

View Full Version : Michigan AG should be fired and investigated

jimnyc
06-18-2021, 01:17 PM
Seems rather retaliatory that someone would go out of their way to have someone arrested so that they can't be on a scheduled news appearance.

It's one thing to act in the regular line of duties but another to go after someone due to beliefs, or TV. Something here doesn't pass the sniff test, IMO.

---

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel Sought Arrest of Business Owner to Thwart Fox News Appearance

Emails obtained by Michigan Capitol Confidential Friday show state Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) sought to arrest a defiant business owner prior to a scheduled appearance on Fox News.

Marlena Hackney, purveyor of Marlena’s Bistro and Pizzeria in Holland, repeatedly defied orders to shutter her business and made frequent appearances on cable news programs and local media outlets to denounce Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) coronavirus orders.

A March 12 email from Nessel to her communications director and several aides indicated they knew Hackney was going to give an interview to host Tucker Carlson that evening.

“Do we know her whereabouts? We should just have her picked up before she goes on. This is outrageous,” Nessel wrote.

“Should I be prepared to respond to this?” Nessel wrote to aides in another email. “I hope she gets the full 93 days for this. (Is that the max for civil contempt or just criminal contempt?)”

Hackney, an immigrant who fled communist Poland as a teenager, had originally been charged with a misdemeanor for refusing to close her establishment, and then was cited for contempt of court.

“Does MSP (Michigan State Police) intend to go find her? Or are they planning to wait until next week?” Nessel asked in another communication.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/11/emails-michigan-attorney-general-dana-nessel-sought-arrest-of-business-owner-to-thwart-fox-news-appearance/

And - https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/attorney-general-wanted-lockdown-defying-restaurant-owner-arrested-before-going-on-fox-news

Gunny
06-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Has one Dem official been arrested for their chicanery in the last 18 months?

I will add, the Republicans certainly haven't gone after the Dems the way the Dems held a relentless onslaught against the Trump Admin, abusing the court system at every turn.

jimnyc
06-19-2021, 12:37 PM
Has one Dem official been arrested for their chicanery in the last 18 months?

I will add, the Republicans certainly haven't gone after the Dems the way the Dems held a relentless onslaught against the Trump Admin, abusing the court system at every turn.

As far as barking out mandates and orders and having people arrested - no less than at least 20 democrats barked them out only to break their own word shortly thereafter - and then make it sound as if their importance to the city/state makes them special somehow. :rolleyes: