PDA

View Full Version : Biden says more Americans will die as delta variant spreads:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2021, 06:28 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/biden-says-more-americans-will-die-as-delta-variant-spreads-you-know-it-s-going-to-happen/ar-AALps8M?ocid=msedgntp

CNBC
CNBC
Biden says more Americans will die as delta variant spreads: 'You know it's going to happen'
Rich Mendez - Yesterday 5:28 PM

The delta variant now accounts for at least 20% of all new Covid cases in the U.S., according to the CDC.
The variant has a doubling rate of about two weeks, setting it on a path to become the dominant strain in the U.S. in a few weeks, White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday.
The president warned that Americans who are still unvaccinated are especially at risk.
U.S. President Joe Biden gestures as he delivers remarks on the bipartisan infrastructure deal in the East Room of the White House in Washington, U.S., June 24, 2021.
© Provided by CNBC
U.S. President Joe Biden gestures as he delivers remarks on the bipartisan infrastructure deal in the East Room of the White House in Washington, U.S., June 24, 2021.
President Joe Biden said Thursday that Covid deaths in the United States will continue to rise due to the spread of the "dangerous" delta variant, calling it a "serious concern."

"Six-hundred-thousand-plus Americans have died, and with this delta variant you know there's going to be others as well. You know it's going to happen, we've got to get young people vaccinated," Biden said at a community center in Raleigh, N.C.

The variant, Biden said, is more easily transmissible and potentially deadly, "and especially dangerous for young people."

The president warned that Americans who are still unvaccinated are especially at risk.

"The data couldn't be clearer, if you're vaccinated, you're safe," Biden said. "You are still at risk of getting seriously ill or dying if you in fact have not been vaccinated, that's just the fact."

The delta variant now accounts for at least 20% of all new Covid cases in the U.S., according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data. The variant has a doubling rate of about two weeks, setting it on a path to become the dominant strain in the U.S. in a few weeks, White House chief medical advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday.

The agency has designated the more transmissible variant a "variant of concern."

Experts say the delta variant could also cause more severe disease in those infected, but more data is needed to be sure.

My, my, my--how damn convenient!
So very convenient-- just like the first one was.....
And right on time , to help get folks right on board for whatever bullshit freedom stealing crap the ffing puppet bastrrdd's handlers are going to try to implement.
Globalists and dem party are the ones now running the office of the President-- should be obvious to any that are not as dense as a piece of lead, imho.

wow- right on time-- so damn very convenient......

That lying POS puppet is the last person that this --true American--- is going to listen to....-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2021, 07:53 PM
And now we have this Headline ----

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-warning-of-crime-wave-diverts-covid-funds-to-police-in-snub-to-progressives/ar-AALnudS?ocid=msedgntp

Newsweek
Biden, Warning of Crime Wave, Diverts COVID Funds to Police in Snub to Progressives
Aila Slisco - Wednesday

Which is it Biden???

New covid variant a looming cataclismic calamity yet you nonchalantly divert Covid funds to the police.

jimnyc
06-25-2021, 04:01 PM
And now we have this Headline ----

Newsweek
Biden, Warning of Crime Wave, Diverts COVID Funds to Police in Snub to Progressives
Aila Slisco - Wednesday

Which is it Biden???

New covid variant a looming cataclismic calamity yet you nonchalantly divert Covid funds to the police.

He probably doesn't have a clue barely and doesn't know who to appease and who speaks for him either. :rolleyes:

Mika-El
06-25-2021, 07:16 PM
Viruses of course mutate. The one the vaccines are for is now called "alpha" and a new variant is called "delta" or B1617.2, first found in India in December of 2020, Since its discovery in just over about 6 months its spread to 74 countries and is supposedly more common now than the alpha strain in the UK.

It is being reported the new variant is 43% to 90% more transmissible than previous COVID-19 variants and 30% to 100% more infectious than alpha.
Researchers do not know wht the delta variant is more transmissible. One theory is that mutations in the spike protein might make it easier to enter and attach human cells.

In the UK, studies have shown that children and adults under 50 were 2.5 times more likely to become infected than those who were older.

It also appears the symptoms can be more severe and double the need for hospitalization.
What is also being said is that if you have had the double dose vaccine of Astra Zeneca, Pfizer, Moderna or single dose Johnson and Johnson it will work to address the symptoms.

The problem is its more deadly for those not vaccinated and it spreads faster.

Now the problem is you have the CDC saying once you have had your double dose, you no longer need wear a mask, but you should still engage in precautions.

However people with the vaccines can still catch and pass on any kind of covid 19 and may not know they have it.

So this should be no surprise. Viruses particularily coronaviruses mutate as quick as you come up with a vaccine. It doesn't mean the vaccine you have is ineffective but it means you may have to change and upgrade the vaccine or specialize it to different types or strains of the virus.

Not sure any of this has to do with Biden anymore than it had to do with Trump. It is what it is, the inherent nature of viruses.

Does this mean people not getting vaccinated clog hospitals with it? Does it mean we need to yet again shut down public activities?

No one knows at this time but its this kind of uncertainty that will cause some people to think its all a lie, conspiracy, etc.

I would say its like the common cold. We will never have a cure for it, just ways to suppress its symptoms.

Its also highly probable more viruses are on their way courtesy of infected meat being handled in wet markets.

jimnyc
06-26-2021, 12:11 PM
^^ Agreed with most of the above!

It's very real and can be quite deadly in many circumstances.

My issue is with the government & telling us the entire truth and all statistics and everything should be public knowledge. With about 5,000 listed killed in the Vaers database - this was quickly corrected by many as unreliable. Ok, I can believe that - then what are the true numbers then? And not only how many, but under what specific circumstances?

And I also believe that the left and the MSM will take whatever negativity there is from any of this and try to triple it - for their own reasons and gain.

And with Fauci there who the hell knows for sure? We need folks at the top that are back in charge and keeping us properly updated. IMO.

Gunny
06-26-2021, 10:05 PM
The first thing that drew MY attention is what Biden said. Can you imagine if a Republican said that? The Wannabe President of the US speaking so cavalierly about the lives of US citizens.

This idiot is like watching the 3 Stooges except they were funny. This idiot's a trainwreck.

Edit: Why yes, it appears when it comes to Biden I AM stuck on "this idiot". Best I can do. They just don't have the words to describe this idiot :)

Kathianne
06-26-2021, 10:42 PM
So far with all the variants, those fully vaccinated have little likelihood of needing hospitalization, much less dying.

At this point in time, in the US, folks have made their choices. Respect that. Unless something changes, I'm not worrying about others, I'm going to proceed as planned.

gabosaurus
06-27-2021, 09:51 AM
So far with all the variants, those fully vaccinated have little likelihood of needing hospitalization, much less dying. At this point in time, in the US, folks have made their choices. Respect that. Unless something changes, I'm not worrying about others, I'm going to proceed as planned. Covid-19 is not going away. It is going to continue to mutate and develop different strains. Some will be more infectious than others. If you are vaccinated, you don't have as much cause for worry as others. Covid-19 is a bit like smoking. Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health. Some choice to do it anyway. Same with Covid-19. If you choose not to be vaccinated, so be it. But you are living in a seaside high rise condo with cracks in the pool deck.

Mika-El
06-27-2021, 12:23 PM
^^ Agreed with most of the above!

My issue is with the government & telling us the entire truth and all statistics and everything should be public knowledge. With about 5,000 listed killed in the Vaers database - this was quickly corrected by many as unreliable. Ok, I can believe that - then what are the true numbers then? And not only how many, but under what specific circumstances?

The above may I humbly state is how I think most of us feel. How the hell do we really know anything with all the info coming in so fast and contradictory? Its a dog's breakfast of explanations.

Sometimes knowing a little is not helpful just confusing. I get it though. This info is changing as quick as its explained. The media delivers everything asap in our faces non stop.

It used to be we used scapegoats to calm us down, now elaborate conspiracy theories.

I still like scapegoats. I blame Covid, eating bats, crime, disease, poverty, on Kanye West.

Phack Kanye West.

Mika-El
06-27-2021, 12:26 PM
Covid-19 is not going away. It is going to continue to mutate and develop different strains. Some will be more infectious than others. If you are vaccinated, you don't have as much cause for worry as others. Covid-19 is a bit like smoking. Everyone knows that smoking is bad for your health. Some choice to do it anyway. Same with Covid-19. If you choose not to be vaccinated, so be it. But you are living in a seaside high rise condo with cracks in the pool deck.

I do not mean to go off topic but I get pissed at conspiracy stories sometimes the same reason I am now over the Miami condo collapse. Within hours people were spreading rumours it was a deliberate detonation.

You ask me we humans are arrogant. we think we are above the laws of nature whether its with controlling disease or constructing buildings, etc. We get too damned arrogant and forget common sense.

So I strongly agree with your statement.

Gunny
06-27-2021, 03:53 PM
I do not mean to go off topic but I get pissed at conspiracy stories sometimes the same reason I am now over the Miami condo collapse. Within hours people were spreading rumours it was a deliberate detonation.

You ask me we humans are arrogant. we think we are above the laws of nature whether its with controlling disease or constructing buildings, etc. We get too damned arrogant and forget common sense.

So I strongly agree with your statement.COuldn't agree more if I'd said that myself many times in the past. Oh wait ... I have :)

Each and every time global warming has come up. Our less than insect status in the big scheme of things is going to fearmonger and tax and regulate the temperature of a planet orbiting the Sun in an endless universe :rolleyes: Seems to me if we were THAT omnipotent we could set our sights a little higher than merely altering the cyclical change in the Earth's temperature.

Russ
06-27-2021, 07:50 PM
This idiot is like watching the 3 Stooges except they were funny. This idiot's a trainwreck.
:)

:laugh2:

Russ
06-27-2021, 07:53 PM
Biden says more Americans will die as delta variant spreads: 'You know it's going to happen'
Rich Mendez - Yesterday 5:28 PM

Isn't this pretty much that same thing as saying "more Americans will die as time goes by"?

Every day Biden amazes my with his sheer idiocy and simpletonry. (yes, that's a word)

jimnyc
06-28-2021, 03:22 PM
A few updates I was just reading on the subject:

HERE WE GO: WHO Recommends Masks and Social Distancing For Everyone – Vaccinated and Unvaccinated – Due to Covid “Delta” Variant

The China-funded World Health Organization (WHO) is recommending masks and social distancing for everyone – vaccinated and unvaccinated – due to the Covid “Delta” variant.

“Vaccine alone won’t stop community transmission,” Dr. Mariangela Simao, WHO’s assistant director-general for access to medicines and health products, said. “People need to continue to use masks consistently, be in ventilated spaces, hand hygiene … the physical distance, avoid crowding. This still continues to be extremely important, even if you’re vaccinated when you have a community transmission ongoing.”

Fox News reported:

As the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus gained traction around the world, the World Health Organization urged vaccinated people to continue to wear masks and social distance, according to reports.

The recommendation comes weeks after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said vaccinated people can go most places without masks. However, federal mandates remain on airplanes, for example.

The vaccines are considered “highly effective” against the delta variant, according to a recent study by the British government, although slightly less than the original strain.

But the WHO urged those vaccinated to “play it safe” and wear a mask because so many remain unvaccinated globally and the variant has become the main spreader in several countries, CNBC reported.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/06/go-recommends-masks-social-distancing-everyone-vaccinated-unvaccinated-due-covid-delta-variant/

Highly contagious Delta coronavirus variant spreading fast in California

The Delta coronavirus variant is now the third-most common in California, new data show, underscoring the danger of the highly contagious strain to people who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19.

The variant makes up 14.5% of California coronavirus cases analyzed so far in June, up from 4.7% in May, when it was the fourth-most identified variant in California, according to data released by the California Department of Public Health.

Experts say the Delta variant poses a greater chance of infection for unvaccinated people if they are exposed. The variant, first identified in India, may be twice as transmissible as the conventional coronavirus strains. It has been responsible for the rise in cases recently in India, the United Kingdom and elsewhere.

But vaccinated people are well protected against infection and illness from the Delta variant. One recent study found that the full two-dose course of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the Delta variant and 96% protective against hospitalization.

There is no widespread scientific consensus on whether the Delta variant is more likely to cause more serious illness than other strains.

Delta's rise comes as California's dominant strain, Alpha, first identified in the United Kingdom, may have peaked.

Rest - https://news.yahoo.com/highly-contagious-delta-coronavirus-variant-193159529.html

Russ
06-28-2021, 04:18 PM
WHO may as well recommend that nobody drive their cars for the foreseeable future, just to "play it safe". After all, the roads would definitely be safer is no one were driving. The main difference is that vaccinated people are SAFER from the virus than car-driving people are from car accidents.

While WHO is at it they should recommend that everyone stop and do nothing until further notice, since doing nothing is the safest thing to do. We can all just wait until someone at WHO grows a backbone, how ever long that will take. Or else wait until the rest of us realize that we should all stop paying attention to WHO.

A few updates I was just reading on the subject:

HERE WE GO: WHO Recommends Masks and Social Distancing For Everyone – Vaccinated and Unvaccinated – Due to Covid “Delta” Variant

The China-funded World Health Organization (WHO) is recommending masks and social distancing for everyone – vaccinated and unvaccinated – due to the Covid “Delta” variant.

Gunny
06-28-2021, 09:55 PM
WHO may as well recommend that nobody drive their cars for the foreseeable future, just to "play it safe". After all, the roads would definitely be safer is no one were driving. The main difference is that vaccinated people are SAFER from the virus than car-driving people are from car accidents.

While WHO is at it they should recommend that everyone stop and do nothing until further notice, since doing nothing is the safest thing to do. We can all just wait until someone at WHO grows a backbone, how ever long that will take. Or else wait until the rest of us realize that we should all stop paying attention to WHO.

While I am sure it's a conspiracy theory, I wouldn't bet against that being exactly what China, Big Tech and the Dems want. Just imagine ... another year of our lives locked in our houses while Amazon/Big Tech and China grow richer off all those deliveries of cheap Chinese junk and the Dem controlled government can issue edicts. How much more perfect could their world get?

Kathianne
06-28-2021, 10:52 PM
Is there anyone who believes anything from WHO or the CDC or NIH or The Lancet? Not me.

I bought my first medical grade masks at the beginning of January 2020. Obviously not because of government warnings, but what I was reading from Hong Kong coverage by independent journalists. That was after they'd been advising to do so for over 2 months.

Anyone who knows me would figure out that my initial thoughts were, "crazy conspiracies and alarmists." Videos though and man on street responses raised warnings. Genius I'm not. If I could pick this up by watching a few people, where were those who claim employment to protect us?

SassyLady
06-28-2021, 11:22 PM
Is there anyone who believes anything from WHO or the CDC or NIH or The Lancet? Not me.

I bought my first medical grade masks at the beginning of January 2020. Obviously not because of government warnings, but what I was reading from Hong Kong coverage by independent journalists. That was after they'd been advising to do so for over 2 months.

Anyone who knows me would figure out that my initial thoughts were, "crazy conspiracies and alarmists." Videos though and man on street responses raised warnings. Genius I'm not. If I could pick this up by watching a few people, where were those who claim employment to protect us?

I started paying attention because you brought it to our attention here. You were posting things going on in Hong Kong. I would have missed it if not for you Kath.

I started isolating toward the end of February. Went to COSTCO to stock up. I remember it was before the general panic because I actually was able to get 2 cases of TP before the 1 per household limit was put into effect. :laugh:

I also started researching (not as much as Jim) as much as I could. Nothing else to do while isolating at home. By summer I felt we were being lied to. I quit isolating. Didn't wear a mask unless the business required it. When vaccines came out I lost complete trust in the scientific community because the powers to be were censoring dissenting voices. Their plan was to control the information so people wouldn't question. The loss of freedoms and liberties was and still is alarming.

Kathianne
06-29-2021, 03:49 AM
I started paying attention because you brought it to our attention here. You were posting things going on in Hong Kong. I would have missed it if not for you Kath.

I started isolating toward the end of February. Went to COSTCO to stock up. I remember it was before the general panic because I actually was able to get 2 cases of TP before the 1 per household limit was put into effect. :laugh:

I also started researching (not as much as Jim) as much as I could. Nothing else to do while isolating at home. By summer I felt we were being lied to. I quit isolating. Didn't wear a mask unless the business required it. When vaccines came out I lost complete trust in the scientific community because the powers to be were censoring dissenting voices. Their plan was to control the information so people wouldn't question. The loss of freedoms and liberties was and still is alarming.
Yep, we came to same conclusions from government and their mouth pieces, though different with some choices. IF I was choosing for kids or young adults I'd holdout on vaccine for present. Right now for myself I thank Trump and pharmaceuticals for getting the vaccines available so quickly. I am disgusted with the politics played from nearly every front of government.

jimnyc
06-29-2021, 12:14 PM

I found out quickly about the masks and which actually worked and which were band-aids. But hell, they were already $80 per mask on Ebay!! But I eventually got quite a few N-95 & N-99 as well. I saved them for emergent times that maybe I had to be somewhere and needed that protection. IMO, main problem was - where and when were they REALLY needed? And in the beginning, I got sucked in by so many news stories at the time as I took them as golden truth. Boy that was a mistake. I recall you coming forward with much stuff as well that got me thinking, then searching and a LOT changing for all of us ever since.

Man, when Kath first started posting about it, it was interesting but THEIR problem. I remember them shutting down Wuhan and then ultimately 50 million people. I laughed and thought it was insanity. Locking up everyone at home and no one was to be on the streets. What kind of psychos are they? Psychos apparently just like us suckers. :rolleyes:

For me, it was my little OCD in me, and since I was stuck home, was easy to research and read read read.

At first, because of them, I was using hand cleaner, then putting on gloves and the mask, and then cleaning up in my truck as soon as I left anywhere. Way overdid things. Prior to all the reading. Sad how much they didn't share with us, or purposely hid, or lied about or mislead us.

And at this point, we have all learned so so much just here at our board! But imagine how much we will know in a year from now? 5 years from now? Or perhaps some of it we will never know the truth.

Yep, we came to same conclusions from government and their mouth pieces, though different with some choices. IF I was choosing for kids or young adults I'd holdout on vaccine for present. Right now for myself I thank Trump and pharmaceuticals for getting the vaccines available so quickly. I am disgusted with the politics played from nearly every front of government.

Absolutely, same here. I was so much anticipating getting a vaccine in me, to protect me. And I still have a level of confidence in me about it saving my life should I get this virus. But I cannot honestly say for certain that no other negative problems will occur. I would like to think that at this point I am already out of the woods. But still some concern if I ever do get sick.

Every last one of them played politics with this virus. Every last word that was used was stated in a way that would make each person/entity look good going forward. While the others took every opportunity to take words said and try to bring about fear & dissent. The amount that some played politics to perhaps keep people at home, or mandate unconstitutional demands of the public? Too many IMO. And it's bad enough when you have politicians that are delivering medical information, and trying to do so in a manner that will benefit themselves. And another thing entirely when you have a medical professional delivering extremely important information to the masses, while trying to be a politician at the same time. Problem is, he took the job too seriously and lied lied lied like so many of our politicians. :rolleyes: