PDA

View Full Version : The Olympics

jimnyc
06-29-2021, 11:27 AM
So did anyone see the latest?

Track and field star Gwen Berry won 3rd place in the qualifiers for the upcoming Olympics. She was on the podium and the national anthem started playing. She placed her hand on her hips, placed a black activist shirt over hear head and stood there in disgust. Then spoke of just how angry she was that they played it. She is an American hater. She doesn't just stand for a cause and still loves America as some say. Nope, just outright disgust.

https://i.imgur.com/vOQEZ4Q.jpg

And this photo tells you all you need to know. As 2 women face the flag with their hands over their hearts, Berry stands defiantly, hand on hip - and IMO, looking like a 100% asshole.

https://i.imgur.com/Y6vxkLo.png

Of course, Jen Psaki speaks up later and states that Joe completely supports her. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
06-29-2021, 11:36 AM
When you get selected to the Olympics, it means that you are at the very very top of your game. One of the best in your nation.

It also means that your REPRESENT your nation in the Olympic games. They are more than just about winners and losers. This is about respect for one another and other athletes, team members, the respective host country & make your country proud, win or lose.

My opinion anyway. And what do the Olympics themselves state?

Olympic values:

The three values of Olympism are excellence, friendship and respect. They constitute the foundation on which the Olympic Movement builds its activities to promote sport, culture and education with a view to building a better world.

Striving for excellence and encouraging people to be the best they can be.
Celebrating friendship, which is quite unique to the Olympic Games – an event that brings people together every few years.
Demonstrating respect in many different manners: respect towards yourself, the rules, your opponents, the environment, the public, etc.

Olympic rings:

The Olympic symbol – widely known throughout the world as the Olympic rings – is the visual ambassador of olympism for billions of people. Based on a design first created by Pierre de Coubertin, the Olympic rings remain a global representation of the Olympic Movement and its activity.

This all speaks to me about the Olympics and respect, and being ambassadors of your country.

Some of the most beautiful moments in all of Olympic history is one other athletes don't think twice about slowing down their efforts for gold in order to help a fallen athlete from another country. I've seen it many a time. THAT is respect and showing the world so much more IMO than a gold medal.

But this? Will be remembered as an embarrassing moment.

Gunny
06-29-2021, 11:46 AM
jimnyc You want to merge this thread with mine or vice versa or whatever, or keep them separate? Doesn't matter to me, but I DID beat you to the punch this AM:poke:

For once :)

Gunny
06-29-2021, 11:49 AM
When you get selected to the Olympics, it means that you are at the very very top of your game. One of the best in your nation.

It also means that your REPRESENT your nation in the Olympic games. They are more than just about winners and losers. This is about respect for one another and other athletes, team members, the respective host country & make your country proud, win or lose.

My opinion anyway. And what do the Olympics themselves state?

This all speaks to me about the Olympics and respect, and being ambassadors of your country.

Some of the most beautiful moments in all of Olympic history is one other athletes don't think twice about slowing down their efforts for gold in order to help a fallen athlete from another country. I've seen it many a time. THAT is respect and showing the world so much more IMO than a gold medal.

But this? Will be remembered as an embarrassing moment.I fear that this will be just another sport down to the tubes, the actual ability to excel in sports taking a back seat to politics. It's ridiculous.

This is disrespectful, not necessary and I would automatically disqualify her.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2021, 12:57 PM
Will anyone be watching? This may go the way of the NFL for me.

Gunny
06-29-2021, 01:07 PM
Will anyone be watching? This may go the way of the NFL for me.Sadly, I think so as well. I'll see how it goes. I've always watched the Olympics but I'm not giving political activists time on my TV. That fat slob tranny weightlifter has already ruined it for me. Kathianne can shrug it off as a a conspiracy theory if she wants :poke: I can see where this slippery slope that doesn't exist is going.

As I post in the other thread about it, this is why we can't have nice things. Someone's always got to come along and ruin it for everyone else.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2021, 01:22 PM
Sadly, I think so as well. I'll see how it goes. I've always watched the Olympics but I'm not giving political activists time on my TV. That fat slob tranny weightlifter has already ruined it for me. @Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8) can shrug it off as a a conspiracy theory if she wants :poke: I can see where this slippery slope that doesn't exist is going.

As I post in the other thread about it, this is why we can't have nice things. Someone's always got to come along and ruin it for everyone else.

:laugh2:

Kathianne
06-29-2021, 01:58 PM
Sadly, I think so as well. I'll see how it goes. I've always watched the Olympics but I'm not giving political activists time on my TV. That fat slob tranny weightlifter has already ruined it for me. @Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8) can shrug it off as a a conspiracy theory if she wants :poke: I can see where this slippery slope that doesn't exist is going.

I think the whole males competing as females is about as anti-women as I've ever seen.

Personally think any woke folks that hate the US, should compete for countries more attuned to them.

I however do not watch the events that garner these folks for some reason.

MtnBiker
06-29-2021, 05:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Y6vxkLo.png

This is an interesting picture. There are 3 athletes on that podium, however only one of them is giving name recognition and its the one on the lowest platform. Its obvious she is there for more than athletic competition. She is there for attention, eye lash extensions, unconventional lip stick, hey everybody look at me! She found a way for people to talk about the 3rd place performer rather than the other 2, sad. It is evidence we are devolving to an attention based society.

Congratulations to the the other 2 ladies. It appears they competed well and with grace.

MtnBiker
06-30-2021, 04:12 PM
DeAnna Price is the top competitor of the hammer throw for the US Women's team. On the qualifying day her worst throw was better than everyone's best throw. It is amazing to watch her perform her record breaking hammer throws. I'm sure she has talent and worked very hard, and she performed with determination, excitement and fun. She certainly would be someone to represent the USA well in the Olympics. Here is a short video from the qualifying day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ombH91D4w

So Gwen may very well be a marxist, USA hating athlete. But really is a very poor loser. She knows she was good enough to place 3rd on the qualifying day, but her best throw was almost 7 meters behind DeAnna's. Fast forward to the Olympics with a much bigger field of athletes and she falls way back and she knows it. How does she turn a 3rd place spot into something she can leverage? Act awful, disrespect the USA Flag and hope she gets kicked off the team. That would do more to promote herself than her performance as an athlete.

Let's celebrate DeAnna. Let's forget about Gwen, send her to the Olympics where she won't place, let her act like a petulant child and then forget all about her.

Gunny
06-30-2021, 10:29 PM
DeAnna Price is the top competitor of the hammer throw for the US Women's team. On the qualifying day her worst throw was better than everyone's best throw. It is amazing to watch her perform her record breaking hammer throws. I'm sure she has talent and worked very hard, and she performed with determination, excitement and fun. She certainly would be someone to represent the USA well in the Olympics. Here is a short video from the qualifying day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2ombH91D4w

So Gwen may very well be a marxist, USA hating athlete. But really is a very poor loser. She knows she was good enough to place 3rd on the qualifying day, but her best throw was almost 7 meters behind DeAnna's. Fast forward to the Olympics with a much bigger field of athletes and she falls way back and she knows it. How does she turn a 3rd place spot into something she can leverage? Act awful, disrespect the USA Flag and hope she gets kicked off the team. That would do more to promote herself than her performance as an athlete.

Let's celebrate DeAnna. Let's forget about Gwen, send her to the Olympics where she won't place, let her act like a petulant child and then forget all about her.Point made. I was for firing her. Leaving her to obscurity is more befitting. Your plan is sound unless she cries conspiracy because of her race and politics :)