PDA

View Full Version : Most migrants are darn nice people

tailfins
06-30-2021, 09:44 AM
Having said that, even when seeing things from a migrant's perspective, the Democrats are not doing them any favors. My litmus test regarding someone being concerned about the migrant's plight is promoting human trafficking resistance training. This thing comes to mind, because my wife and I will be celebrating Independence day in Brownsville, TX or perhaps South Padre Island. Hotels on the US side are running $180+ per night. Nice hotels three miles away on the other side of the Rio Grande (Rio Bravo) run $50 per night. It's almost a given that we will walk by migrant camps. Those migrants have interesting stories to tell.

When I retire a few years down the road, I'm undecided whether I will teach Information Technology or Human Trafficking Resistance as a volunteer.

Gunny
06-30-2021, 11:37 PM
Having said that, even when seeing things from a migrant's perspective, the Democrats are not doing them any favors. My litmus test regarding someone being concerned about the migrant's plight is promoting human trafficking resistance training. This thing comes to mind, because my wife and I will be celebrating Independence day in Brownsville, TX or perhaps South Padre Island. Hotels on the US side are running $180+ per night. Nice hotels three miles away on the other side of the Rio Grande (Rio Bravo) run $50 per night. It's almost a given that we will walk by migrant camps. Those migrants have interesting stories to tell.

When I retire a few years down the road, I'm undecided whether I will teach Information Technology or Human Trafficking Resistance as a volunteer.
I don't recall anyone saying they weren't. There's no right way to do the wrong thing.

I could have a better life if I had all the money from the bank up the road. If I obtain it illegally, I get 50 years minimum mandatory in a Fed prison. Doesn't matter how good a person I am.