PDA

View Full Version : Interview with "LiberalNation"

jimnyc
09-23-2007, 06:50 AM
LiberalNation joined us quite a few months back and was a bit controversial from the get go. She's a young girl still learning the world of politics, but sure as hell has her opinions already! My thoughts are that she is a feisty one, but inside her is a heart of gold. Some of the best ways to learn in this world is to ask questions, debate, disagree, read & speak your mind - and she does a good job of all the above. While some disagree with her views on a few topics, and I know I do too, I don't hold that against her at all. She reminds me of myself in a lot of ways. She has solid beliefs and is willing to speak them, and defend them as well. She's not shy and is quite honest and sharing with the entire board. She is not only prominent in our more controversial sections of the board, but also adds a great deal to all of our friendly discussions on the lower half. I'm glad she's a member of DP and she's been a great addition.

Onto her "interview":

Can you share with the board a little about yourself and your background?

All about me, less see I’m a 17 yo Caucasian female, born and raised in Kentucky. Gone to public schools all my life, get average to good grades, finally a senior and can’t wait to graduate this year. Have a large extended family a county over from here. Baptist on one side, catholic on the other. Have a southern accent. Don’t play sports. Not very social or popular in school but never had a problem with it. Love animals, can’t shoot guns worth crap, not into the outdoors too much. Enjoy riding my motorcycle. Bout all I can think of right now.

What brought you to Debate Policy?

Don’t remember think it was from word of mouth by a member who posted here.

What are your thoughts on the constant attacks between Republicans and Democrats?

I think it is both entertaining and pointless. With a side benefit of making sure nothing really gets done.

Do you believe in same sex marriages?

Yes I do. Wouldn’t mind if it was made legal by the feds but not gona happen for a long time to come.

What are your thoughts on the issue between "MoveOn" and their ad about General Petraeus?

Bunch of outrage over nothing, moveon can make all the ads they want and people are free to ignore them all they like.

Who do you think will win the Democratic and Republican nominations respectively, and why?

Hillary for the dem. because she has the money and clout. I’d be happy if she one the presidency. I’ll vote for her. Repub don’t know and wouldn’t guess.

Do you have any thoughts on the issue of illegal immigration?

Yes of course. I have thoughts on everything. I think the issue is a bunch of hype, We’ve always had massive immigration of the poor to America and always had native sentiments against it. Taking our jobs and all that. With that said we do have laws on the books and I think the government should enforce them. Secure the boarder, streamline immigrations, it all a mess of red tape.

What made you decide to be a "liberal"? Was there a specific instance that pushed you in that direction?

Well I think a lot of people would disagree with you calling me a liberal. Some sites pin me as a conservative. As for what makes me think the way I do. Don’t know, I decide on issues individually with whatever make sense to me at the time.

You share a lot with us about your HS education, what are your plans for afterwards? Any ideas for college or career?

Well I’m applying for several colleges right now. Hope to get into UofL, Bellarmine second if not, UK third. I think I’ll go into the nursing program. That’s the plan now anyway. It interests me about as much as anything else. Maybe ROTC as well and if the military will give me a scholarship and pay for it I’ll go in as an army nurse for awhile. I don’t want a lot of loans to pay off.

What would YOU do to improve the board as a whole?

Make myself a mod. ;)