PDA

View Full Version : Biden blames global warming for record-breaking heatwave in Canada and Western US

Gunny
07-01-2021, 09:14 AM
https://www.skynews.com.au/world-news/president-joe-biden-blames-global-warming-for-recordbreaking-heatwave-in-canada-and-western-us/news-story/069f8ab3bddb483cd2e278f504eaf8f1

US President Joe Biden hit out at climate change deniers after seeing news reports of temperatures reaching more than 46C in parts of Western United States.
“Anybody ever believe you’d turn on the news and see it’s 116 degrees in Portland, Oregon? 116 degrees,” he said.
“But don’t worry – there is no global warming because it’s just a figment of our imaginations.”

Captain Obvious Joe proving to the World how "brilliant" he is. Again. A few observations.

First, HERE in South Texas, we're having Florida weather. 90s, humid, more rain than average. By July, we're usually into the hotter'n Hell, dry and 1 cloud a day weather. Now, for those of us that live down here in the SW, they're crying about 116 degrees. *yawn*. My turn about snark for those yankee types who rolled their eyes when we got sub-20s and more than 2 inches of snow back in Feb and most of the state went into panic mode.

So who is a "climate change denier"? I'm not. And if people on the right are deniers simply because the left says it's so, that's not good math. What I "am" is thinking instead of spending billions and billions on never actually coming up with anything that is going to even put a dent in climate change, how about the nimrod Dems spend it on figuring out how all the pampered snowflakes are going to live in it day to day? They're too busy presuming to play God.

icansayit
07-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Like Joe (almost his age). I have had at least 74 Summers, Winters, Autumns, and Springs since being born in the Same state he was. And, to the best of my memory (despite being away in the Navy for many years). The TEMPERATURES, STORMS, DRY SPELLS, AND COLD SNAPS have occured EACH AND EVERY YEAR.

JUST LIKE THEY DO TODAY IN 2021.

But everyone knows (if they care) that THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS that can be made, and spent on constantly SCARING PEOPLE into believing the WORLD is going to either END, BE FLOODED, BURN UP, or MELT is probably the most PROFITABLE WAY TO BECOME A BILLIONAIRE....like AL GORE or the first BLACK BILLIONAIRE who wants ALL OF US to pay REPARATIONS for 200 years of DEMOCRAT LIES.

jimnyc
07-02-2021, 02:05 PM
134 degrees!

Now that's hot! Probably makes 107° feel like being in the shade.

And when it's 107° one year, and then 134° a few years later, that surely speaks warming for sure to me!

But that 134 was in Death Valley in 1913 & the 107 is today. And I'm not saying that this tells the entire story, not at all. But I bet I can find horrid things that have happened with weather events in our history. Some repeated close together and other times apart by years.

1936, 2011, 1977, 1918, 2010, 2010, 1966, 1948, 1995 & 1993 <------ those are the top 10 years in history of highest ever recorded temperatures in NYC.

Gunny
07-02-2021, 04:47 PM
134 degrees!

And when it's 107° one year, and then 134° a few years later, that surely speaks warming for sure to me!

But that 134 was in Death Valley in 1913 & the 107 is today. And I'm not saying that this tells the entire story, not at all. But I bet I can find horrid things that have happened with weather events in our history. Some repeated close together and other times apart by years.

1936, 2011, 1977, 1918, 2010, 2010, 1966, 1948, 1995 & 1993 <------ those are the top 10 years in history of highest ever recorded temperatures in NYC.107 is nothing for here, and an indicator of a cool spell in 29 Palms where it was 118 daily.

Now I am sure the desert ladies will vouch for this: what I saw in pics was people using beet red skin in the sun to prove how awful it is. The smartly dressed desert rat has on lightweight, loose-fitting, light colored clothes from their wide-brimmed hat on down. Dark glasses unless you want to fry your eyes. You get up early and get your crap done before noon-2PM and hide out until 7-ish. If you have to go out, stay in the shade as much as possible.

Personally, if Mother Nature has turned Portland and Seattle into literal Hell, they're getting what they deserve.

Edit: Just checked. It's 93 feels like 102 here. I'd rather it be straight up 102 without the "feels like" because the "feels like" is humidity and it's stifling. Doesn't mean I'm not going to go push some weights around :)

MtnBiker
07-20-2021, 06:39 PM
134 degrees!

1936, 2011, 1977, 1918, 2010, 2010, 1966, 1948, 1995 & 1993 <------ those are the top 10 years in history of highest ever recorded temperatures in NYC.

Facebook should ban Biden for spreading misinformation.

icansayit
07-20-2021, 08:08 PM
This has been happening every year since LONG before any of us were even thought of, or born.

As ROD SERLING would put it...
"Try if you can, to go as far back in time, and convince yourself anything has ever changed?"http://icansayit.com/pictures/globalwarming.jfif