PDA

View Full Version : Sha'Carri Richardson - thoughts?

jimnyc
07-04-2021, 03:17 PM
Admit it, how many of you knew who she was before opening this thread?

As a sports nut, I knew of her prior to this and she was to be an exciting part of the American team in the upcoming Olympics. Cool girl, and she's tiny compared to the others, but is super fast.

She just put herself into the record books last month with a blazing sub 11 second mark. But now it's been removed.

She tested positive for marijuana. And while not a performance enhancing drug, it is in fact a banned substance.

Yes, majority of states have medical marijuana legalized and something like 15 states recreationally. But the rules for the participants stand as is. So she tested positive and has been suspended and will apparently miss the Olympics as a result.

Some are crying about it, some crying bloody murder and of course some stating the rules are racist (And yes, AOC). :rolleyes:

Whatever everyone thinks - my opinion is that rules are rules. If participants, coaches or others disagree with them, then like with anything else you can work to have them changed. Until such time those are the rules that all have agreed to. Btw, the rules have even changed between 2019 and the 2021 code, so don't let anyone claim they are ancient

She states that she smoked to cope with the death of her biological mother. I'm sorry that happened, but I don't think a death in the immediate family should require the use of an illegal substance. She voluntarily used this substance being fully aware of the rules.

Part of me would like to see her race but then everyone will then follow suit with the rules.

icansayit
07-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Over the years since 1982 when my father passed from cancer, my mother in 2000 from heart failure, my oldest brother...a fatal heart attack, my only sister and oldest...natural causes, and my youngest brother from a drug overdose....

NOT ONCE did I feel the need to smoke MJ, take any drugs, or drink myself silly.

To make matters worse. I still didn't use anything to cope when my wife lost our first 3 children to miscarriages...all in a row.

THE POOR ATHELETE who has the WORLD in her hands with the fame, and glory BROKE RULES for everybody. SO...she deserved whatever the Olympic committee gave her. PERIOD.

Kathianne
07-04-2021, 04:46 PM

As a sports nut, I knew of her prior to this and she was to be an exciting part of the American team in the upcoming Olympics. Cool girl, and she's tiny compared to the others, but is super fast.

She just put herself into the record books last month with a blazing sub 11 second mark. But now it's been removed.

She tested positive for marijuana. And while not a performance enhancing drug, it is in fact a banned substance.

Yes, majority of states have medical marijuana legalized and something like 15 states recreationally. But the rules for the participants stand as is. So she tested positive and has been suspended and will apparently miss the Olympics as a result.

Some are crying about it, some crying bloody murder and of course some stating the rules are racist (And yes, AOC). :rolleyes:

Whatever everyone thinks - my opinion is that rules are rules. If participants, coaches or others disagree with them, then like with anything else you can work to have them changed. Until such time those are the rules that all have agreed to. Btw, the rules have even changed between 2019 and the 2021 code, so don't let anyone claim they are ancient

She states that she smoked to cope with the death of her biological mother. I'm sorry that happened, but I don't think a death in the immediate family should require the use of an illegal substance. She voluntarily used this substance being fully aware of the rules.

Part of me would like to see her race but then everyone will then follow suit with the rules.
She totally took responsibility for her choice. I agree that they should just stop all testing for any drugs. Men competing as women make all this a farce.

Gunny
07-04-2021, 05:14 PM

I did. I assume you really want to know what I think of her suspension for smoking weed? Simple. She violated the rules. You get caught,, you pay the price. Unless you're wealthy lib.

My opinion of the rule is it's stupid, archaic, and not applicable. One thing for sure I know about weed. It's about as performance enhancing as valium. All I ever recall wanting to do is eat Chips Ahoy, glaa of cold milk and watch Tom n Jerry :laugh:

I might've been able to break the world record for Bavarian creme donuts from Dixie Creme Donuts in Miami. Then it's nap time.