PDA

View Full Version : The Case For Black Patriotism

Kathianne
07-04-2021, 04:58 PM
https://www.city-journal.org/the-case-for-black-patriotism

By a black professor.

While many things get my goat, one that really irks is the bitching about US slavery, ignoring its existence for millennia before and the continuance today in China and the world over of women and children in the sea industries.

icansayit
07-04-2021, 07:20 PM
There is, and only should be ONE kind of Patriotism if you live, and are an American. AMERICAN patriotism.

I'm so disgusted with everything MUST HAVE A LABEL in order to qualify anyone to do, or say anything.

There's No TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

EITHER YOU ARE AN AMERICAN or YOU'RE NOT. Otherwise. Nobody really gives a shit what anyone else thinks, or believes when living in this nation where EVEN THE POOR are richer than any poor around the World. I know. I have witnessed it IN PERSON, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.

Kathianne
07-05-2021, 01:20 AM
There is, and only should be ONE kind of Patriotism if you live, and are an American. AMERICAN patriotism.

I'm so disgusted with everything MUST HAVE A LABEL in order to qualify anyone to do, or say anything.

There's No TWO WAYS ABOUT IT.

EITHER YOU ARE AN AMERICAN or YOU'RE NOT. Otherwise. Nobody really gives a shit what anyone else thinks, or believes when living in this nation where EVEN THE POOR are richer than any poor around the World. I know. I have witnessed it IN PERSON, UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL.
Should have read the article, you'd have agreed with him.

jimnyc
07-05-2021, 12:46 PM

By a black professor.

While many things get my goat, one that really irks is the bitching about US slavery, ignoring its existence for millennia before and the continuance today in China and the world over of women and children in the sea industries.

Excellent article. They truly WANT to forget/deny history or rewrite it with a different vision. Of course there's is of hate and division.

To those, like the influential writer Ta-Nehisi Coates, who dismiss the American dream as irrelevant to blacks or worse, I would ask, “Have you noticed what has happened here in the United States in the last century?”

She wants to dismiss things and then populate that hate to kids, likely creating another generation of racist haters.

What is more, the very fact that the cultural barons and elites of America—who run the New York Times and the Washington Post, who give out Pulitzer Prizes and National Book Awards, who make the grants at the MacArthur Foundation and run the human resources departments of corporate America—have bought in to the new woke racial sensibility hook, line, and sinker gives the lie to the pessimism that the American dream doesn’t apply to blacks. It most certainly and emphatically does apply, and it is coming to fruition daily.

Some have gotten reeled in with BS and others use the BS to get things they want. Then the gang mentality comes a knocking and now we have cancelations.

The central issue, then, is a question of narrative. Are we going to look through the dark lens of the U.S. as a racist, genocidal, white supremacist, illegitimate force? Or are we going to see it for what it has become over the course of the last three centuries: the greatest force for human liberty on the planet? This conflict of narratives is worth arguing about—with Ta-Nehisi Coates; with Colin Kaepernick; with the Black Lives Matter activists; with the officials who will exercise power in the Biden administration; and with the editorial staff of the New York Times. The narrative we blacks settle upon about the American project is fundamentally important to our nation’s future.

There is no discussion. They demand tolerance at every level and if anyone dare have a different viewpoint, they are racist. :rolleyes:

Off topic video that this reminds me of by coincidence. Maybe not the same, just that it reminded me. And this is as good a place as any due to the similarity.

Got this in an email and everything just titled 'video'. Don't know much of anything else about it, other than listening/watching. Lieutenant governor of NC, Mark Robinson. Dan Bongino talking about it and then the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E015suvLutA

Gunny
07-05-2021, 04:38 PM

By a black professor.

The voice of reason and moderation is S-O-O-O yesterday :rolleyes: