PDA

View Full Version : Introverts and Extroverts

Abbey Marie
07-11-2021, 12:24 AM
Which one are you? I expect almost all of us here are Introverts.

I’m an Introvert. And I really dislike how Extroverts treat us like we are failing as humans, and need fixing.

SassyLady
07-11-2021, 12:50 AM
I'm an Extroverted Introvert

https://introvertdear.com/news/extroverted-introvert-signs/

tailfins
07-11-2021, 11:13 AM
Which one are you? I expects almost all of us here are Introverts.

I’m an Introvert. And I really dislike how Extroverts treat us like we are failing as humans, and need fixing.

I'm an introvert that keeps people at arm's length by talking a lot. Being overbearing keeps people out of your business. Take a queue from the talking heads you see on television. From a certain angle, being referred to as "informative" is not what people want at the "water cooler". That's a good thing. I study my ass off and it annoys me (and it shows) when people act like their guess is as good as my weeks or months of research/experiments and observations. I like to say "A good guess is great until the building or bridge falls down or the plane or other system crashes".

jimnyc
07-11-2021, 04:13 PM
Which one are you? I expects almost all of us here are Introverts.

Same!

I mostly just hate people. Even my hat says so. It's letting them know in advance, but not working well. Idiots take it as a talking piece instead of a hint. :laugh:

tailfins
07-11-2021, 09:02 PM
Same!

I mostly just hate people. Even my hat says so. It's letting them know in advance, but not working well. Idiots take it as a talking piece instead of a hint. :laugh:

Unless your hat says, "F*ck Off, this means YOU", it's too subtle.

darin
07-12-2021, 01:09 PM
We'd need to define the terms for an answer.

Myers-Briggs says introverts prefer to recharge their internal batteries with solitude. Extroverts tend to re-charge around other people. That's how i kind of see it.

I can be extroverted and be quiet and more of a wallflower - but need to be around people to re-charge; to get energy. And i can be louder and more people-centric but need quite and alone time to feel like i'm refreshed. My Myers-Briggs is ENFP, but i'm borderline E/I (Extrovert/Introvert)

I recharge around just one or two close people - me and my partner perhaps. Though I also need sometimes to be out and around folks. Neither of those times am I particularly quiet or reserved.

If we define intro and extro as 'introverts focus their energy towards self - and are quiet and distant from the groups' then I'm an extrovert because I simply adore people. :)

Abbey Marie
07-12-2021, 08:40 PM
I suggest reading the book “ Quiet” to truly understand we Introverts. It’s eye-opening.

icansayit
07-12-2021, 09:24 PM
I pay too much time thinking, reading, painting, writing, and being pragmatic about Everything in Reality.

I'd rather spend time with only my wife. Don't like crowds, shopping, large gatherings like sport events, and would be really happy taking my own advice to others...as in..."MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS."

But I agree with Abbey. I suspect most all of us here are the same way. WELCOME TO THE CLUB !