PDA

View Full Version : ‘This Is Talibanism’

jimnyc
07-12-2021, 01:54 PM
The drama of it all. :rolleyes:

Anything so that they can kill babies.

---

‘This Is Talibanism’: Media Melts Down Over Law Giving Americans Power To Sue Abortion Clinics, Doctors

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law, comparing the law to the Taliban and the dystopian show The Handmaid’s Tale.
Texas’ Heartbeat Act bans abortions after the baby’s heartbeat can be detected and gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state.
“So now Texas Republicans are putting bounties on pregnant women,” Joy Reid tweeted. “I almost hate to ask what this benighted party will think of next. This is Talibanism. Are Texas conservatives going to be spying on women of childbearing age and turning them in for the bounties?”

Media figures and Democrats melted down Monday over a new Texas law that gives Americans the right to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help mothers obtain abortions in the state of Texas.

Texas’ Heartbeat Act, signed into law May 19, bans abortions after the unborn baby‘s heartbeat can be detected (usually by about six weeks). The law, which makes exceptions for medical emergencies but not in cases of rape or incest, gives private citizens both in and out of Texas the power to sue abortion clinics or individuals who help women obtain abortions, according to The Texas Tribune.

This may make the law more difficult to challenge in court, the publication noted.

Washington Post writer Jennifer Rubin tore into the law Monday, writing, “Consider the potential for harassment, spying, extortion and other vengeful behavior directed toward women.

“The law depends on what a woman’s neighbors, associates and friends know about her reproductive health and are willing to tell the authorities to grab a $10,000 bounty,” Rubin wrote. “The possibility of frivolous litigation is hard to quantify.”

MSNBC’s Joy Reid compared the new law to the Taliban and to the dystopian novel and television show, The Handmaid’s Tale.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/12/joy-reid-texas-abortion-jennifer-rubin-roe-v-wade-taliban-texas/

Gunny
07-12-2021, 02:07 PM
Joy Reid and her alarmist, MSM cronies are about as close to the Taliban as it gets unless you count the Dem-run Government and bureaucracy.

I don't know about this particular law though. And nobody needs to lecture me on abortion. My stance is no different than it ever has been. At the same time, I'm not sure forcing women into bargain basement, mom-n-pop abortions is the right answer. Nor an explosion in numbers of unwed mothers incapable of raising children. Got enough of them already.

fj1200
07-12-2021, 05:46 PM
I believe it was Jordan Peterson who said, "abortion is clearly wrong... but it's not that simple."

Gunny
07-12-2021, 05:50 PM
I believe it was Jordan Peterson who said, "abortion is clearly wrong... but it's not that simple."I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea for a solution. Well, I do, but it's idealistic. If everybody would take personal responsibility and do the right thing. Like I said, idealistic.

fj1200
07-12-2021, 05:53 PM
I'll be the first to admit, I have no idea for a solution. Well, I do, but it's idealistic. If everybody would take personal responsibility and do the right thing. Like I said, idealistic.

Me either but I do think stretching the laws just because you can jam them through may end up backfiring. Unless you can move the majority in a pro-life direction there won't be a long-term solution.

Gunny
07-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Me either but I do think stretching the laws just because you can jam them through may end up backfiring. Unless you can move the majority in a pro-life direction there won't be a long-term solution.That would be my primary concern -- it backfiring.

The status here is while all these Republicans are running crap right now and laying down all these hardcore laws; simultaneously, they are inviting everyone from everywhere to this State and the majority of those are lefties who have drained their states dry and are moving on as viruses do.

I don't relish the idea of something like this that is iffy at the higher court level galvanizing the Dems and all their little snowbird voters to show up at the polls. Something the left does far better than the right.