PDA

View Full Version : Kamala Praises Texas Democrats for Shirking Duties over Election Integrity Efforts

jimnyc
07-13-2021, 02:09 PM
They are growing less and less transparent and now even the VP is bragging about avoiding doing their jobs. Taking a case of beer on a road trip. Embarrassing. And then the comparisons, to people who have fought and died for this country.

Their tipsy road trip is comparable to military folks dying for freedoms. Unbelievable.

---

Kamala Harris Praises Texas Democrats for Shirking Duties over Election Integrity Efforts

Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday praised the Texas Democrats who fled their state to avoid dealing with election integrity legislation, proclaiming the lawmakers are marching on the same path as those who fought and died for the right to vote.

“I applaud them standing for the rights of all Americans and all Texans to express their voice through their vote, unencumbered,” Harris said during a Monday appearance at the TCF Center in Detroit, Michigan.

“I will say that they are leaders who are marching in the path that so many others before did when they fought and many died for our right to vote,” she stated, seemingly advancing the false left-wing narrative that Republicans are attempting to take away the right to vote by pursuing basic election integrity safeguards, such as enhanced ID requirements to vote by mail — something that was in Senate Bill 7, which Texas Democrats quashed in May by staging a walkout.

“I do believe that fighting for the right to vote is as American as apple pie. It is so fundamental to fighting for the principles of our democracy,” Harris added.

Her remarks come as the left continues to heap praise on Texas state Democrats for fleeing to Washington, D.C., in protest of the pursuit of election integrity measures, which Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) prioritized in his agenda for the special session:

https://i.imgur.com/476fSQT.png
https://i.imgur.com/y7EHxxL.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/13/kamala-harris-praises-texas-democrats-for-shirking-duties-election-integrity-effrorts/

Texas Democrats to Lock State House Voting Machines

Texas Democrats demanded Tuesday for the Texas House journal clerk to lock the state house voting machines, thereby denying the GOP majority a quorum needed to proceed with election integrity legislation.

Chair of the Texas House Democrat Caucus and State Rep. Chris Turner (D) stated, “Minutes ago, at least 57 letters were delivered to the house journal clerk directing the [Texas] House to lock our voting machines and not unlock them until we provide express permission to do so upon our return to the [Texas] capitol.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/13/texas-democrats-lock-state-house-voting-machines/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-13-2021, 03:58 PM
So we have the expert on shirking ones duty praising the dem vermin that are running away -in a bid to be able to keep their vote cheating readily available and in place for future elections... Who is shocked by her -the nasty creature and/or her vermin allies doing such???
Not I.... -Tyr

Gunny
07-13-2021, 09:01 PM
They are growing less and less transparent and now even the VP is bragging about avoiding doing their jobs. Taking a case of beer on a road trip. Embarrassing. And then the comparisons, to people who have fought and died for this country.

Their tipsy road trip is comparable to military folks dying for freedoms. Unbelievable.

---

Kamala Harris Praises Texas Democrats for Shirking Duties over Election Integrity Efforts

Vice President Kamala Harris on Monday praised the Texas Democrats who fled their state to avoid dealing with election integrity legislation, proclaiming the lawmakers are marching on the same path as those who fought and died for the right to vote.

“I applaud them standing for the rights of all Americans and all Texans to express their voice through their vote, unencumbered,” Harris said during a Monday appearance at the TCF Center in Detroit, Michigan.

“I will say that they are leaders who are marching in the path that so many others before did when they fought and many died for our right to vote,” she stated, seemingly advancing the false left-wing narrative that Republicans are attempting to take away the right to vote by pursuing basic election integrity safeguards, such as enhanced ID requirements to vote by mail — something that was in Senate Bill 7, which Texas Democrats quashed in May by staging a walkout.

“I do believe that fighting for the right to vote is as American as apple pie. It is so fundamental to fighting for the principles of our democracy,” Harris added.

Her remarks come as the left continues to heap praise on Texas state Democrats for fleeing to Washington, D.C., in protest of the pursuit of election integrity measures, which Gov. Greg Abbott (R-TX) prioritized in his agenda for the special session:

https://i.imgur.com/476fSQT.png
https://i.imgur.com/y7EHxxL.png

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/13/kamala-harris-praises-texas-democrats-for-shirking-duties-election-integrity-effrorts/

Texas Democrats to Lock State House Voting Machines

Texas Democrats demanded Tuesday for the Texas House journal clerk to lock the state house voting machines, thereby denying the GOP majority a quorum needed to proceed with election integrity legislation.

Chair of the Texas House Democrat Caucus and State Rep. Chris Turner (D) stated, “Minutes ago, at least 57 letters were delivered to the house journal clerk directing the [Texas] House to lock our voting machines and not unlock them until we provide express permission to do so upon our return to the [Texas] capitol.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/07/13/texas-democrats-lock-state-house-voting-machines/Kamala Harris just can't help but say something completely stupid.

These people are in violation of Texas law. The Gov stated they will be arrested upon stepping foot on Texas soil, and he will keep convening special sessions until they are all here and he's got over a year to do it.

We'll see how it plays ...

fj1200
07-14-2021, 06:38 AM
Oregon Republicans are subverting democracy by running away. Again. (https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2020/2/29/21157246/oregon-republicans-walk-out-climate-change-cap-trade-democracy)

jimnyc
07-15-2021, 11:37 AM
Oregon Republicans are subverting democracy by running away. Again. (https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2020/2/29/21157246/oregon-republicans-walk-out-climate-change-cap-trade-democracy)

That's why I prefaced the original thread on this subject with the fact that both sides pull this shit.

Gunny
07-16-2021, 02:05 PM

Not the same thing as Texas from a legal standpoint, as far as I can see. It is unlawful to not show for a special session called by the Governor of Texas. I don't see that in Oregon.

And I don't care. If you can't understand the fact that I have a vested interest in what the government of the State in which I reside is doing, and which side is doing it, then you can at least just accept it. Although I believe in the long term it is futile to resist the virus called "Democrats", and that Abbott's actions could backfire, I'm all for shoving this shit in the faces of fascist tyrants. Again, anyone who is against voter accountability is just for cheating.

As far as Oregon goes ... it has Portland where their idea of fair play is intimidation by the use of unlawful force and occupation. Screw 'em. I hope the place slides into the ocean.

fj1200
07-16-2021, 03:27 PM
Not the same thing as Texas from a legal standpoint, as far as I can see. It is unlawful to not show for a special session called by the Governor of Texas. I don't see that in Oregon.

And I don't care. If you can't understand the fact that I have a vested interest in what the government of the State in which I reside is doing, and which side is doing it, then you can at least just accept it. Although I believe in the long term it is futile to resist the virus called "Democrats", and that Abbott's actions could backfire, I'm all for shoving this shit in the faces of fascist tyrants. Again, anyone who is against voter accountability is just for cheating.

As far as Oregon goes ... it has Portland where their idea of fair play is intimidation by the use of unlawful force and occupation. Screw 'em. I hope the place slides into the ocean.

The OR Republicans were threatened with the State Police being sent in 2019. And I do accept your vested interest but this is not limited to TX and OR, nor is it limited to R and D. Either side is essentially voting with their feet by not showing up and there may be rules to remedy that. It's codified.

jimnyc
07-16-2021, 04:50 PM
Fact is, depending on what is on the line and who is all involved, both sides are guilty of this at one time or another.

I just hope that Abbott follows through on his statements or they are useless. I've seen shit like this before, and threats of arrest before, and then nothing.

fj1200
07-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Fact is, depending on what is on the line and who is all involved, both sides are guilty of this at one time or another.

I just hope that Abbott follows through on his statements or they are useless. I've seen shit like this before, and threats of arrest before, and then nothing.

I'm not sure that I see it as something to be guilty of. I kind of see it as part of the legislative process. There are legal ramifications in some states but as long as they accept that I don't really see fault to it. If whoever walks out really believes it then that is their right. Of course it's also their right to be diselected next time around. ;)

They should be more embarrassed for the case of Miller Lite.

jimnyc
07-16-2021, 05:15 PM
I'm not sure that I see it as something to be guilty of. I kind of see it as part of the legislative process. There are legal ramifications in some states but as long as they accept that I don't really see fault to it. If whoever walks out really believes it then that is their right. Of course it's also their right to be diselected next time around. ;)

They should be more embarrassed for the case of Miller Lite.

I just think that they shouldn't be able to avoid known meetings/quorums/votes or whatever. When they avoid and refuse to do their jobs, it can only harm us citizens. And not to mention we are paying for them to do nothing. And then I have to wonder where ultimately there road trip money will come from.

And maybe not guilty as what we instantly think of in the court of law, as no crimes have been committed, but they are still shirking their duties and preventing the rest from passing or voting on legislation. More so then its rules and procedures they are guilty of avoiding. And IMO, whomever does so should be held accountable.

Gunny
07-16-2021, 07:24 PM
The OR Republicans were threatened with the State Police being sent in 2019. And I do accept your vested interest but this is not limited to TX and OR, nor is it limited to R and D. Either side is essentially voting with their feet by not showing up and there may be rules to remedy that. It's codified.

Here's the thing, some may or may not know because I get local news. Abbott is planning on running in 2022. His so-far, Republican challengers are further right than he is. This agenda is theirs, and that of the far right. For some reason or another, he lost some of their "faith" with the mask and lockdown thing. That is stupid. He left lockdown up to the cities/towns and as far as I know the mask mandate was the same.

So apparently there are some rightwingers out their that will accept only blood, no quarter. I'm definitely not one of them. I'm not all that keen on a couple of his agenda items. I AM very much behind the voter laws the Dems skipped town over. In my mind, the only people worried about having to show ID and/or be properly registered voters and stricter accountability are the people that want to cheat. They have no argument.

I don't care if any of this crap makes the left cry their eyes out. One could only hope they'd move out of state. What concerns me is driving the moderate base to a Dem candidate like Trump did at the National level. Texas is humming along fine. Last thing we need is a damned Democrat running it. Even if Republican money can hold the Governor's Office, Congress is no guarantee.

I myself am sick of all this extremist shit from BOTH sides and government at every level.

fj1200
07-17-2021, 05:15 PM
... And IMO, whomever does so should be held accountable.

I myself am sick of all this extremist shit from BOTH sides and government at every level.

Not really in disagreement with any of that but if elected officials feel that strongly over an issue then let the chips fall...

Gunny
07-17-2021, 08:19 PM
Not really in disagreement with any of that but if elected officials feel that strongly over an issue then let the chips fall...If only it was that simple.

Russ
07-18-2021, 11:31 AM
the VP is bragging about avoiding doing their jobs.

Kamala is an AUTHORITY on avoiding doing work. She's been assigned one or two tasks since getting the VP job, and hasn't done a single erg of work on anything.

Reporter: "Kamala, have you done any work in the last 6 months?"
Kamala: "Hahahahahahahahaha!"
Reporter: "Kamala, if you became President what would you do if we were attacked by Russia or China?"
Kamala: "I'd... I'd...um... Hahahahahahahaha!"