PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Clashes With Dr. Fauci In Tense Capitol Hill Hearing

jimnyc
07-20-2021, 03:12 PM
Fauci doesn't like having anything about his work or funding discussed. He may very well know much more than Rand even, but the point Rand is making in the video is true - and Fauci seems to avoid the direct answer.

Video at site, 8 minutes and worth the ensuing fighting between them.

---

‘You Do Not Know What You’re Talking About’: Rand Paul Clashes With Dr. Fauci In Tense Capitol Hill Hearing

Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul clashed with Dr. Anthony Fauci in a Capitol Hill hearing, accusing him of lying about gain-of-function research funding.

Paul questioned Fauci during Tuesday’s hearing and immediately framed his line of attack by reminding Fauci that it was a crime to lie to Congress – and the exchange only got more heated from there.

“Dr. Fauci, as you are aware, it is a crime to lie to Congress,” Paul began, noting that such a crime was a felony that could carry a five-year sentence.

Paul went on to say that Fauci had previously denied that any NIH funding had gone toward gain-of-function research like that which was reportedly done at the Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV).

“Viruses that in nature only infect animals were manipulated in the Wuhan lab to gain the function of infecting humans. This research fits the definition of the research the NIH said was subject to the pause in 2014 to 2017, a pause in funding on gain of function. But the NIH failed to recognize this, defines it away, and it never came under any scrutiny,” Paul continued.

“Dr. Fauci, knowing it is a crime to lie to Congress, do you wish retract your statement?” he asked, arguing that NIH funding had, in fact, been used to support such research.

https://i.imgur.com/o1dvzir.png

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/20/rand-paul-clashes-fauci-tense-capitol-hill-hearing/

darin
07-20-2021, 03:38 PM
Senator Paul is probably the single best politician in the past 50 years. Fauci has no credibility and is among the worst and likely corrupt of all govt bureaucrats in the past 50 years. He should feel ashamed, but the power he never had is now his and he will never willingly let go.

Gunny
07-20-2021, 05:56 PM
Senator Paul is probably the single best politician in the past 50 years. Fauci has no credibility and is among the worst and likely corrupt of all govt bureaucrats in the past 50 years. He should feel ashamed, but the power he never had is now his and he will never willingly let go.I'll say the same thing about Rand Paul I always have ... when he's on, he's ON. I couldn't agree with him more.

It's when that being related to and channeling RON Paul comes out that always makes me want to bang my head against the wall :)

So Psaki is leading the charge ifor the WH in censoring whatever information the WH deems "deadly misinformation"; yet, THIS (Fauci) is the one who speaks for them? Incredible.