PDA

View Full Version : *America Won't Forget Little Hitlers Crapping On Our Flag*

chesswarsnow
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this little visit by the *little man*, won't be soon forgotten.
2. Thousands of *Real Americans* will go protest his arrival.
3. And follow him where ever he goes and protest his presence in America.
4. For those who sit and listen to him speak, with tentative ears, you betray anything good and decent in America, and all over the world.
5. (I ) *The Great CWN* pities you.
6. Read this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2007/09/24/2007-09-24_iranian_madman_mahmoud_ahmadinejad_walks-2.html

"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iranian madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad walks among us

BY PETER KADUSHIN, KERRY BURKE, and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Monday, September 24th 2007, 4:00 AM

Print Email Suggest a Story

Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will speak today at Columbia University and at the UN General Assembly tomorrow.

Ayton Eller holds blowup of News cover at Columbia University rally protesting Ahmadinejad's campus invite.
Hatemonger Mahmoud Ahmadinejad landed in a hornet's nest of outrage yesterday as Columbia University prepared to welcome him with open arms today and stuck by a dean's outrageous assertion that it would let Adolf Hitler speak, too.

The Holocaust-denying Iranian tyrant jetted into New York as students, faculty and political leaders protested Columbia's decision to roll out the red carpet.

"It's a stain on the university," said sophomore Elizabeth Friess, 20. "You can't have an open debate with someone who wants to wipe out Israel. There is no reasoning with someone like that."

Emotions ran high on the Morningside Heights campus as students blew whistles to drown out a classmate who defended Ahmadinejad's right to speak.

Columbia threw fuel on the fire of protest by refusing to disavow a dean who said the university would have gladly let the architect of the Holocaust speak.

"It was offensive to hear a dean, of all people, say they would invite Hitler," said senior Lexi Khan, 21. "There aren't too many educational qualities you can draw from a man who sent people to gas chambers."

Ahmadinejad arrived at Kennedy Airport and was whisked away to InterContinental's The Barclay hotel, where a dozen cars pulled up at 5:30 p.m. after cops closed off E. 49th St.

The Iranian despot will speak amid what is expected to be a massive protest today at 1:30 p.m. at Columbia's Alfred Lerner Hall; he'll also speak tomorrow at the UN General Assembly.

The moderator of the event, School of International and Public Affairs Acting Dean John Coatsworth, has sparked a furor by saying he would invite anyone for a little academic give-and-take - even the Fuhrer himself.

He stood his ground yesterday, telling the Daily News he was talking about the more palatable Hitler when he had "not started the war and the Holocaust hadn't begun."

"There's never a good forum for a dictator," said Coatsworth, "but the advantage of Columbia is he would have been challenged and criticized."

Not everyone at the Ivy League school agreed.

"No legitimate American university should debate the existence of the Holocaust or even think of inviting someone like Hitler," said Larry Amsel, a Columbia med school professor.

A spokesman for Columbia President Lee Bollinger said he backed Coatsworth's comments.

Jewish leaders blasted Coatsworth and the university.

"Something is seriously askew when a dean at a respected university can just blithely say that he'd give a platform to the leader of Nazi Germany," said Malcolm Hoenlein, head of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations.

Columbia, in fact, invited Nazi Germany's ambassador to a campus event and cocktail party in 1933, sparking protests from students who were derided by the university administration as nothing more than "ill-mannered children," according to the Wyman Institute for Holocaust Studies.

On the eve of his speech at Columbia, the Iranian leader received enthusiastic applause during an hour-long speech at the Hilton Hotel in midtown Manhattan.

Ahmadinejad, addressing the crowd in his native Farsi, said Iran is developing technology and nuclear capability for peaceful purposes and is being treated unfairly for it by the United States, according to several people who heard the speech.

Mina Siegel, from Midwood, Brooklyn, who writes a blog on Iranian life and culture, said Ahmadinejad kept to the same themes of earlier speeches.

According to Siegel, the despot said, "What do we want a bomb for? Why should we have a bomb? It doesn't help us. Why do we need a bomb? The Soviet Union is an example of a country that had the bomb and still fell apart."

Several political leaders weighed in on the Hitler controversy.

Stu Loeser, a spokesman for Mayor Bloomberg, said that while "he would hardly want to dignify Hitler," the mayor "also thinks it is a slippery slope in attacking academics whose views he might personally find to be ill-informed, offensive or just wrong."

"This is about promoting hateful speech," Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-Brooklyn, Queens) declared.

Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama said it was wrong to invite Ahmadinejad. At the same time, Obama added: "We should never be afraid to confront the lies and rantings of dictators with the power of truth and the strength of our own values and beliefs."

The Iranian president riled up New Yorkers last week when he announced plans to visit Ground Zero but backed down when Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly vetoed the trip on security grounds.

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hagbard Celine
09-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Frankly, the popularization of this term "little Hitler" is a really ignorant misnomer. Ahmadinejad serves in a figure head position. He's a "secularized front" for the real power in Iran, which is the Supreme Ruler. Also, it's my opinion that all this protesting his speech at Columbia is extremely hypocritical seeing as how we Americans are supposed to value free speech and the exchange of ideas in our country. All the cockwalking you fired-up rednecks are doing is giving Americans a bad name. Why don't you think about these issues with your brains before instinctively bending over and spraying testosterone out of your asses everytime you get a whiff of something controversial?

diuretic
09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
This is illuminating. Is free speech only available to the supporters of Israel?
What are these people frightened of? Are they scared that Ahmadinejad is going to persuade his listeners that his views are correct? Or are they just indulging in hate speech themselves - protected of course.

Dilloduck
09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
This is illuminating. Is free speech only available to the supporters of Israel?
What are these people frightened of? Are they scared that Ahmadinejad is going to persuade his listeners that his views are correct? Or are they just indulging in hate speech themselves - protected of course.

Free speech is definitely a commodity and there is no way it can be claimed all people have equal access to.
I think people might me pissed at the hypocrisy of a man from a basically censored country coming here and extolling the virtues of free speech and free "science" .

retiredman
09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
and president bush would certainly not expect to be able to say whatever the hell he wanted to at the university of Tehran.

America prides itself not only on free speech, but on the superior quality of our ideals. why would we be afraid to let a man like this - whose ideals we truly believe are inferior to ours - come and stand them up in public for all of us and for all the world to see - and let everyone consciously or otherwise compare and contrast them to our own?

By making a big deal out of this and protesting it so vehemently, we give him enormous credibility and stature in the islamic world. By letting him talk and letting him expose the inferior quality of his ideals while simultaneously displaying the extraordinary freedoms we have - and the implied confidence we have in OUR ideals...we win on the international stage.

diuretic
09-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Free speech is definitely a commodity and there is no way it can be claimed all people have equal access to.
I think people might me pissed at the hypocrisy of a man from a basically censored country coming here and extolling the virtues of free speech and free "science" .

I'd have to disagree with the idea that free speech is a commodity. It's a human right. Where it's denied (unreasonably) it's a denial of a human right.

Iran isn't a democracy, it's a cruel theocracy. There are terrible restrictions on human rights in that country.

I haven't read/heard all of Ahmadinejad's speech but it seems to me it would a hypocrisy on the part of anyone who professes an appreciation of free speech to deny him free speech. Better to let him speak and flog him - verbally of course.

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
America will not forget that gwb craps on our flag for even less than self satisfaction.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey Psycho, when did you turn into a full fledged leftists wingnut? I mean a wingnut is something we all accepted from your very first post but this reeks comapred to some of your well thought out incoherent posts.

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:33 PM
You have a problem with me or the post?

Hey Psycho, when did you turn into a full fledged leftists wingnut? I mean a wingnut is something we all accepted from your very first post but this reeks comapred to some of your well thought out incoherent posts.

Incoherent? I agree that sometimes you approach it.

Sir Evil
09-27-2007, 11:37 PM
You have a problem with me or the post?

Incoherent? I agree that sometimes you approach it.

Me having a problem with your posts? what, your not diggin my replies even when I comp on your convoluted ways? :poke:

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Maybe it's them wiggly worms or whatever that has your drawers all up in your ass.

Me having a problem with your posts? what, your not diggin my replies even when I comp on your convoluted ways? :poke:

It's a conversation, SE, not a diatribe as you are trying to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!

April15
09-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Cheese wars says

4. For those who sit and listen to him speak, with tentative ears, you betray anything good and decent in America, and all over the world.

1. Bush is Bonsai for a reason
2. Real Americans can stand divergent views.
3. Be careful of the taser and bullet patrol.
4. To know your enemy you must listen to their rabble.
5. Pity yourself I need none.

Yurt
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Hagbard Celine;128638]Frankly, the popularization of this term "little Hitler" is a really ignorant misnomer. Ahmadinejad serves in a figure head position. He's a "secularized front" for the real power in Iran, which is the Supreme Ruler.

Do you know what an analogy is?

Also, it's my opinion that all this protesting his speech at Columbia is extremely hypocritical seeing as how we Americans are supposed to value free speech and the exchange of ideas in our country. All the cockwalking you fired-up rednecks are doing is giving Americans a bad name. Why don't you think about these issues with your brains before instinctively bending over and spraying testosterone out of your asses everytime you get a whiff of something controversial?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

So our protesting this ass is not part of free speech?

You effin libs, its like you are the only ones who can protest. When non libs protest, you call it an affront to free speech. You are joke. He SPOKE and the protesters SPOKE back in turn. Are you serious?

Leave CNN for awhile. Get a real perspective on life. Trust me on this, you are getting more and more close minded as the days go by. Your house was burglarized I believe, I don't know, take a camping a trip or something, you used to be so laid back and cool, regardless of whether you agreed with me or not.

Yurt

Yurt
09-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Cheese wars says

1. Bush is Bonsai for a reason
2. Real Americans can stand divergent views.
3. Be careful of the taser and bullet patrol.
4. To know your enemy you must listen to their rabble.
5. Pity yourself I need none.

huh? you're not supposed to hit the bottle for another couple of hours.....

actsnoblemartin
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Free speech is not being violated, if a university decides not to extend an invitation.

Free speech applies to being allowed to express views in a public square.

Should we allow osama bin laden to come to a college campus in the name of free speech.

Should we have allowed hitler back in the day to come to our college campuses, how about stalin, mussolini, well we invited a modern day hitler in admideahad. What about rapists, child molesters, people who hate men, women, blacks, jews

Is a university forced to let anyone and everyone come to college campuses , is there no standard at all?

somehow i dont know what people like the iranian hitler think?

Give me a break.

A college campus does not have a responsibility to associte with people or views, they find offensive, or disagree with and this is not restricting freedom of speech, unless they allow other extreme views, but not all extreme views.

Also, supporting israel is not extreme,they are a democracy, and a noble country.

April15
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
huh? you're not supposed to hit the bottle for another couple of hours.....Been about 14 years for booze and smokes. But there are times when I think a good drink could ease the corners.

April15
09-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Free speech is not being violated, if a university decides not to extend an invitation. Correct

Free speech applies to being allowed to express views in a public square. Correct

Should we allow osama bin laden to come to a college campus in the name of free speech. NO

Should we have allowed hitler back in the day to come to our college campuses, how about stalin, mussolini, well we invited a modern day hitler in admideahad. What about rapists, child molesters, people who hate men, women, blacks, jews. As we need to know just how demented this man is the forum gave me an opportunity to really see. And it was enlightening, so was the UN speech.

Is a university forced to let anyone and everyone come to college campuses , is there no standard at all? A university should not be forced to allow anyone. It is by invitation.

somehow i dont know what people like the iranian hitler think? I now have no question as to his sneeky little mind

Give me a break.

A college campus does not have a responsibility to associte with people or views, they find offensive, or disagree with and this is not restricting freedom of speech, unless they allow other extreme views, but not all extreme views.

Also, supporting israel is not extreme,they are a democracy, and a noble country.As for your last paragraph you are correct.

chesswarsnow
09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I was a little surprised how the Dean waylaid *Little Man* as he did.
2. And *Two Eyes Too Close Together* had to take that disgrace back to Iraq.
3. Which is why he has invited President Bush, to come to Iraq and give a *Question and Answer* counter.
4. I don't think Bush should, let Little Man stand in his own poop.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Psychoblues
10-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I must assume it was the wiggly worms?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Maybe it's them wiggly worms or whatever that has your drawers all up in your ass.

It's a conversation, SE, not a diatribe as you are trying to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely it wasn't the diatribe, or was it?

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2007, 11:50 PM
can u stick to the issues?

I must assume it was the wiggly worms?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Surely it wasn't the diatribe, or was it?

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
How about the issues, martin?

can u stick to the issues?

Are you crapping on our flag?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:19 AM
um no, why would you ask me such a stupid question.

How about the issues, martin?

Are you crapping on our flag?

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Because I think you are crapping on American ideolgy and subsequently on our flag, martin.

Are you really that stupid?

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:35 AM
You really are a piece of garbage. I reach out in a nice gesture saying hi, and was gonna pos rep you, for your threads. And then you act like a complete asshole.

And call names, this is all you really are isnt it. You cant debate, so you name call

How about you stop acting like a little bitch, and start being specific.

You gotta problem, explain yourself.
Dont come at me with slogans and talking points

or maybe your just that stupid?

:laugh2:

Because I think you are crapping on American ideolgy and subsequently on our flag, martin.

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
and by the way their isnt one american ideology, thats why we have two parties.

And we have 300 million opinions.

Are you that stupid, that you cant be specific and articulate your point.

I am defending what america is about, the rule of law.

You are just being a complete ass, with no mannors, just personal attacks

ask anyone on this board, about the threads i make.

90% plus of the time, i dont act like you.

Psychoblues
10-04-2007, 12:52 AM
You are a pathological liar, martin and I can prove it. Do all of us a favor and go away. Your posts are meaningless and your opinions are fuzzzy at best. Your comings on to me are noted before and after your condemnations of the same. Dude, you are a rat that doesn't come up to the level of your most close cousin the squirrel.

Sertes
10-05-2007, 06:20 AM
"It's a stain on the university," said sophomore Elizabeth Friess, 20. "You can't have an open debate with someone who wants to wipe out Israel. There is no reasoning with someone like that."

A common misconception, that's not what Ahmadinejad said, the correct translation into english for his famous quote is:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. This statement is very wise"

He was telling how regimes in the past collapsed, he listed up:

(1) The Shah of Iran- the U.S. installed monarch
(2) The Soviet Union
(3) Iran's former arch-enemy, Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein

Then he told: "The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. This statement is very wise"

The Israeli agency that supplies translations to western media changed "regime occupying Jerusalem" with "Israel" rather than "Zionism" (Israel is the nation, Zionism is the political movement that currently rules Israel)
Then changed "vanish from the page of time" (will soon be forgotten) with "wiped from the map"
Then quoted it out of context.

So again, if I said:

"Well people, look how regime from the past collapsed, look at the shah of Iran, look at the Soviet Union, look at Iraqi Saddam Hussein, Imam tell us, the zionist regime will soon be forgotten. I think this is very wise."

And media reports:

"Sertes thinks Israel must be wiped out of the map"

Well... it's not only wrong, it's criminal.

You'll find plenty of reference on the internet, one brief explanation is here: http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/print.asp?ID=5866, a longer, more exaustive one here: http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12790.htm

Asking translations of Iranian speeches to Israeli sources is like asking Microsoft to review the speeches of Steve Jobs