PDA

View Full Version : "Bipartisan" Infrastructure Bill Hidden "Pearl"

Gunny
08-04-2021, 10:51 AM
Stashed within the Dem and RINO spending Bill is a little gem that introduces a new way to tax us. Got to stick with the lingo though: it's a toll, not a tax which makes its inclusion in the Bill legal; therefore, Biden is not a liar:rolleyes:

In plain American English it's a personal mileage tax. Not even that as explained by the Dems. It's an "experimental model" to see if it works. AKA setting up all the bells and parameters on how to make it work. Here in Texas it would be easy. All legally owned and operated vehicles are required to pay a registration fee annually and your mileage is documented by the inspector.

This "toll" is supposed to cover personal use of roads, bridges, maintenance, etc. Problem is, again here in Texas, the aforementioned annual registration fee is for exactly that -- maintenance/upkeep of roads. I'm sure most other states have similar fees. I recall in Virginia "noise pollution" was included in the fee.

So we know how the left and the slippery slope they deny exists works. It's an "experimental model". As such, it is voluntary. We know which greentards will be all over volunteering:rolleyes: "Voluntary" is how they are going to sell it to the dummies.

Voluntary what? If this isn't going to morph into a National toll, then why bother wasting time, effort and money on it? They can blow that smoke up someone else's ass.

They better not make it where I have to send them money to pay or they won't see a thin dime out of me. I'm not voluntarily financing the leftard's stupidity.

SassyLady
08-04-2021, 10:40 PM
Stashed within the Dem and RINO spending Bill is a little gem that introduces a new way to tax us. Got to stick with the lingo though: it's a toll, not a tax which makes its inclusion in the Bill legal; therefore, Biden is not a liar:rolleyes:

In plain American English it's a personal mileage tax. Not even that as explained by the Dems. It's an "experimental model" to see if it works. AKA setting up all the bells and parameters on how to make it work. Here in Texas it would be easy. All legally owned and operated vehicles are required to pay a registration fee annually and your mileage is documented by the inspector.

This "toll" is supposed to cover personal use of roads, bridges, maintenance, etc. Problem is, again here in Texas, the aforementioned annual registration fee is for exactly that -- maintenance/upkeep of roads. I'm sure most other states have similar fees. I recall in Virginia "noise pollution" was included in the fee.

So we know how the left and the slippery slope they deny exists works. It's an "experimental model". As such, it is voluntary. We know which greentards will be all over volunteering:rolleyes: "Voluntary" is how they are going to sell it to the dummies.

Voluntary what? If this isn't going to morph into a National toll, then why bother wasting time, effort and money on it? They can blow that smoke up someone else's ass.

They better not make it where I have to send them money to pay or they won't see a thin dime out of me. I'm not voluntarily financing the leftard's stupidity.

Aren't registration fees state monies? I think this one will be on top of that and forwarded to federal level which is bullshit.

Gunny
08-05-2021, 08:25 AM
Aren't registration fees state monies? I think this one will be on top of that and forwarded to federal level which is bullshit.It is currently a state "fee". The portion of the Bill I saw, and the article did not discuss States' Rights. The Federal government never does unless it's thrown back in their faces through the legal system. Dragging it out to death is how the bureaucracy and left win everything.

I can suggest this: Here in Texas, when I retired from the Marines and joined the electrical trade, you had to get licensed in each and every city you worked in. The cities were making bank, but the State was feeling left out. So the state created a State electrical license and just wiped the cities' ability to charge for personal electrical licenses. The latter, of course, got rolled into and hidden in local permit building fees.

The contractor isn't going to suck up the loss. Neither is the city. In the end, it trickles down to the little man paying double fees just for the right to work.

The mileage "toll" is more of the same, IMO.