PDA

View Full Version : Texas Democrats Plan To Stay In D.C. Amid Second Special Legislative Session

Gunny
08-07-2021, 10:47 AM
Texas Democrats have made plans to stay in Washington D.C. after Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) called for a second special session to pass a state election integrity bill. In D.C. on Friday, Democrats stood together in protest against the GOP efforts to create safe and secure elections.
Texas Rep. Chris Turner (D) went on to say, “we will never stop fighting Texas Republicans’ continued efforts to roll back Texans’ freedom to vote.”

In addition, Democrats pressured the Biden administration to pass federal legislation that would override the Republican bill.
“Our resolve and hard work across these past few weeks have resulted in clear action and clear progress here on Capitol Hill to accelerate that legislation,” Turner stated. “We are closer, much closer than we were a few weeks ago, to passing the For the People Act and the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act.”
Meanwhile, Abbott made it clear he would continue calling for special sessions until the Texas Democrats return to their responsibilities.
https://www.oann.com/texas-democrats-plan-to-stay-in-d-c-amid-second-special-legislative-session/

I'd like to know who is funding this vacation. Whoever it is, is getting screwed.

Wonder where the US Marshals are. There's an arrest warrant in the State of Texas out for these Dems. Was it the other way around and Texas granted asylum to someone the Fed government wanted, this place would be crawling with US Marshals.

Are there just this many people in this country that are that stupid that cannot see this, and other actions like it, are nothing more than than legislators fighting for "Right" to commit voter fraud? I cannot see anything to their endgame that doesn't end THERE. The fact that it is being allowed by the current administration speaks volumes as well.

Kathianne
08-07-2021, 01:18 PM
https://www.oann.com/texas-democrats-plan-to-stay-in-d-c-amid-second-special-legislative-session/

I'd like to know who is funding this vacation. Whoever it is, is getting screwed.

Wonder where the US Marshals are. There's an arrest warrant in the State of Texas out for these Dems. Was it the other way around and Texas granted asylum to someone the Fed government wanted, this place would be crawling with US Marshals.

Are there just this many people in this country that are that stupid that cannot see this, and other actions like it, are nothing more than than legislators fighting for "Right" to commit voter fraud? I cannot see anything to their endgame that doesn't end THERE. The fact that it is being allowed by the current administration speaks volumes as well.

I know they're still drawing their salary, which is so wrong.

Gunny
08-07-2021, 04:37 PM
I know they're still drawing their salary, which is so wrong.My understanding is Abbott defunded their salaries. Not sure if anything has happened since then. Unfortunately, defunding the legislature's pay means the entire legislature, staff, etc. Not sure if he backed off on that or not. I would not have an issue with his doing so considering the collateral damage.

Their salaries alone wouldn't cover an extended stay in DC. I suspect but do not know that the DNC is footing their bill. Just another outrage aiding and abetting wanted criminals if so.