PDA

View Full Version : Alaska accident

jimnyc
08-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Anyone hear about the small plane crash in Alaska? 6 folks dead. That sucks. Glad I didn't decide to go for a joy ride. :(

NightTrain

---

Pilot and 5 Cruise Guests Die After Sightseeing Plane Crashes in Alaska: 'Hearts Are Shattered'

Six people died in a plane crash in southeast Alaska, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.

The pilot and five passengers were sightseeing on Thursday when the aircraft went down by the Misty Fjords National Monument near Ketchikan, the Associated Press reported, citing officials.

Southeast Aviation LLC. — which the Coast Guard identified as the plane's owner— addressed the tragedy in a statement.

"Our hearts are shattered at the loss of six people today. We are thinking of and grieving with the families of the five passengers and our dear friend and pilot aboard the aircraft," the company said, according to the AP. "We are cooperating with the first responders and agencies involved, including the U.S. Coast Guard, National Transportation Safety Board and Alaska State Troopers."

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pilot-5-cruise-guests-die-164740993.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

NightTrain
08-07-2021, 11:29 AM
Ketchikan is down almost to Seattle... and frequently has low clouds & rainy weather. The hardest I've ever seen it rain was down in Ketchikan, and I've been in the torrents in Texas and the midwest.

Seems we've been having more small plane incidents in the last few years than usual. Probably global warming.

jimnyc
08-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Ketchikan is down almost to Seattle... and frequently has low clouds & rainy weather. The hardest I've ever seen it rain was down in Ketchikan, and I've been in the torrents in Texas and the midwest.

Seems we've been having more small plane incidents in the last few years than usual. Probably global warming.

That's where I was telling you that my friend got a job. He was selling jewelry in Ketchikan to the tourists showing up on the big ships. Said he could get me in too, which are 6 month gigs. But I can't sell a stick of bubble gum let alone sit in a jewelers for 6 months.

Horrible story and just makes me think 'what ifs' and imagining a bunch of us going for a ride. Yikes.