PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Targets Blacks in First S.C. Radio Ad

stephanie
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
:cow:

September 24, 2007 12:09 PM

ABC News' Eloise Harper Reports: Democratic candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., launched her first radio ad in the early voting state of South Carolina on Monday -- targeting African American Democrats in the state.

Nearly half of the 2004 Democratic primary voters in South Carolina were African American.

The ad, aired on predominantly black radio stations in South Carolina, continues a theme Clinton espouses often on the campaign trial, that the senator "has spent her life standing up for people others don't see," the ad narrator says.

"If you're stuck on a rooftop or stranded in the Superdome during a hurricane, you're invisible to this president even when you're on CNN," Clinton says in the 60-second ad, referring to New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. "Well, you are not invisible to me, and you should never be invisible to the president of the United States."

The ad comes on the same day Clinton added her fifth major union endorsement. International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers President John J. Flynn said Monday that Clinton "has the strength and experience to deliver the chance America needs."
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/09/clinton-targets.html

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Good for her.

All Americans matter.

Did you notice only one of the Republicans agreed to do a debate on the internet sponsered by the NAACP.

Do you think no candidates should care about these people?

stephanie
09-24-2007, 02:52 PM
:smoke:

jimnyc
09-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Good for her.

All Americans matter.

Then she should target AMERICANS, regardless of their race.

09-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I think this is rather insulting to blacks. "Without me you're too stupid to save yourself"

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I dont see her saying that anywhere?

Black people vote democratic for real reasons.

jimnyc
09-24-2007, 05:44 PM

Sure, they like the promise of free handouts.

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Sure, they like the promise of free handouts.

What is it you are saying about black people here?

This is exactly why they dont vote republican.

jimnyc
09-24-2007, 05:54 PM

I'm saying there are a TON who would rather live off of our government and any type of free handouts they can get instead of actually getting jobs. I think money would be better spent helping educating people and helping them find jobs. Call me a racist, but I only speak the facts.

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Jim that is not facts its your perception.

I live in a neighborhood with people of all colors and the black people work too.

I dont know where you live but I think you dont understand the Black people of this country on the whole.

jimnyc
09-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Jim that is not facts its your perception.

I live in a neighborhood with people of all colors and the black people work too.

I dont know where you live but I think you dont understand the Black people of this country on the whole.

I didn't say black people as a whole don't work, only that there are far too many looking for the 'easy way out' instead of working.

If you think the statistics and percentages of blacks on welfare and other government aid is just perception, I suggest you do a little more research. Same goes for unemployment. And don't even get me started on crime, a whole different subject, but a way many choose to make their money instead of working. These are not perceptions, they are facts, and they CANNOT be disputed.

BoogyMan
09-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Good for her.

All Americans matter.

Did you notice only one of the Republicans agreed to do a debate on the internet sponsered by the NAACP.

Do you think no candidates should care about these people?

There is a huge difference between caring about Americans and pandering to a specific group based upon racial stereotypes in order to gain their support and elevate oneself to the highest office in the land.

You are right that ALL Americans matter, but Hillary doesn't get that.

09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
I dont see her saying that anywhere?

You dont think that her telling people to vote for her or else they will be stuck on rooftops or stranded if there is a natural disaster isnt telling people that without her they cant survive?

How so? That's exactly what she is saying. Obviously she doesnt think they can do things on their own. She obviously believes the government needs to be nannying them. Its insulting.

The government isnt the answer to any of our problems. Its the cause of it.

truthmatters
09-24-2007, 06:52 PM
You dont think that her telling people to vote for her or else they will be stuck on rooftops or stranded if there is a natural disaster isnt telling people that without her they cant survive?

How so? That's exactly what she is saying. Obviously she doesnt think they can do things on their own. She obviously believes the government needs to be nannying them. Its insulting.

The government isnt the answer to any of our problems. Its the cause of it.

How could she be telling them anything if they had not already survived Katrina?

09-24-2007, 07:50 PM
How could she be telling them anything if they had not already survived Katrina?

:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:: bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

retiredman
09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Then she should target AMERICANS, regardless of their race.

are you suggesting that campaigns should not tailor their advertising to appeal to varieties of interest groups?

really?

OCA
09-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Hillary is just making sure that the slaves are still on the Democrat plantation.

Hugh Lincoln
09-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Blacks vote for Democrats because they promise no prosecution of crime and welfare handouts. Given that crime and laziness are pretty much the central occupations of blacks, that makes sense.

What I don't get is why WHITES vote for Democrats. But then again, whites eat cheez whiz out of the jar and drive SUV's 30 yards to go get more, so who knows.

Sitarro
09-29-2007, 11:32 PM
:cow:

September 24, 2007 12:09 PM

ABC News' Eloise Harper Reports: Democratic candidate Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., launched her first radio ad in the early voting state of South Carolina on Monday -- targeting African American Democrats in the state.

Nearly half of the 2004 Democratic primary voters in South Carolina were African American.

The ad, aired on predominantly black radio stations in South Carolina, continues a theme Clinton espouses often on the campaign trial, that the senator "has spent her life standing up for people others don't see," the ad narrator says.

"If you're stuck on a rooftop or stranded in the Superdome during a hurricane, you're invisible to this president even when you're on CNN," Clinton says in the 60-second ad, referring to New Orleans residents in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. "Well, you are not invisible to me, and you should never be invisible to the president of the United States."

The ad comes on the same day Clinton added her fifth major union endorsement. International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers President John J. Flynn said Monday that Clinton "has the strength and experience to deliver the chance America needs."
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/09/clinton-targets.html

Gee, I wonder how many of those incredibly brave Coast Guard pilots and rescuers that pulled thousands of Americans off of their rooftops in New Orleans, are Republicans? I believe they should be insulted by the bullshit that this idiot puts out.

The Democrats have been using blacks as props for decades and are continuing what has become a major strategy for them........ Oh and fuck unions, they are trying to push their bullshit on us at work and I fight with them every day. Unions are for whimps that are too simple to speak for themselves..... a Democrat's wet dream.