PDA

View Full Version : Texas Dems Sue Gov. Abbott For Threatening Arrest

Gunny
08-08-2021, 10:21 AM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:46 AM PT – Sunday, August 8, 2021Democrats from Texas have sued Republican Gov. Greg Abbott for allegedly violating their First Amendment rights. According to the suit filed on Saturday, the Democrats who fled the state to prevent the passage of election integrity measures, said Abbott’s efforts to bring them back to Austin suppressed their freedom of speech.
Some Democrats also claimed, without evidence, they faced racist abuse for fleeing the state. They also said threats of arrest by the governor, despite being constitutional, violated the First Amendment.

Following their flee to D.C., Abbott called for the arrest of more than 50 Democrats. In the meantime, Gov. Abbott, who has previously called for the arrest of the absent Democrat lawmakers, announced his plan to call as many special sessions as needed in order to pass the bill.
https://www.oann.com/texas-dems-sue-gov-abbott-for-threatening-arrest/

Must have stolen Biden's "I don't think it will stand up in court but I'll extend the housing moratorium anyway" line. Obvious for what it is. A stall tactic. Abbott's order is legal, and they can't prove the "racism" allegation (which I am sure they will invent something soon enough).

Meantime, 2 of these idiots are on vacation in Portugal :rolleyes:

It won't happen, but this is MY state and these people don't represent the State of Texas nor anything that is in our best interest. I want their wallets hammered in an unforgettable manner.

Matter of fact, I'd be all for the government figuring out a way around them, and allowing the warrants to stand until served or death. Don't come back. Obviously these "we're boycotting stopping our right to commit election fraud" people don't know what being a Texan is. We made our name NOT running from a fight.

Russ
08-08-2021, 11:18 AM
Can't these chuckleheads be fired for refusing to do their jobs? Or at least can't their paychecks cease for the entire time they are hiding in their DC hotel rooms?

Gunny
08-08-2021, 11:38 AM
Can't these chuckleheads be fired for refusing to do their jobs? Or at least can't their paychecks cease for the entire time they are hiding in their DC hotel rooms?As I mentioned to Kathianne, part of the deal was Abbott threatened to defund the legislature. He can do that. However, it is the entire legislature, not just the no-shows. That includes their staffs.

I haven't seen anything on the topic since. I think Abbott would do more harm than good by doing so, given the length of time and all the people that would be affected for the acts of these Dems.

These state legislators cannot afford this stunt on state legislator's salaries. The National level Dems are harboring them, illegally. Not a far stretch to believe the National level Dems are funding this stunt as well. Illegally, at taxpayers expense.

As far as I'm concerned, whoever is harboring and financing them should be charged with aiding and abetting criminals in the commission of a crime. I know at a minimum, if a bench warrant from NY pops on you here, the police will hold you and and ask NY if they want you back. This isn't like no one knows there are arrest warrants out and who they are on. This is just another example of the Dems ignoring the law as it suits them to.