PDA

View Full Version : Schools To Meddle in Mental Health of Returning Students

Gunny
08-09-2021, 07:53 AM
https://www.oann.com/schools-to-emphasize-mental-health-following-remote-learnings-contribution-to-increased-anxiety-isolation-in-students/ Short video at link.

IMO, adults are more traumatized than any children I've seen. Children can handle a LOT. Adults not so much. I doubt many are traumatized from getting to go to school in their PJs.

This is another case of addressing an issue that hasn't arisen. Prepared to handle is fine. Making it part of the rest of the social justice curriculum leads to wondering at which point do children get taught basic fundamentals of education?

We're seriously negotiating the possibility of pulling the 2 younger children here out of public schools. How bad is THAT when their mother is a public school teacher?

Kathianne
08-09-2021, 02:21 PM
https://www.oann.com/schools-to-emphasize-mental-health-following-remote-learnings-contribution-to-increased-anxiety-isolation-in-students/ Short video at link.

IMO, adults are more traumatized than any children I've seen. Children can handle a LOT. Adults not so much. I doubt many are traumatized from getting to go to school in their PJs.

This is another case of addressing an issue that hasn't arisen. Prepared to handle is fine. Making it part of the rest of the social justice curriculum leads to wondering at which point do children get taught basic fundamentals of education?

We're seriously negotiating the possibility of pulling the 2 younger children here out of public schools. How bad is THAT when their mother is a public school teacher?

I know many public schools teachers whose kids go to private school.

Gunny
08-09-2021, 09:36 PM
I know many public schools teachers whose kids go to private school.One would think that prior to it becoming the political platform it has, the fact public school teachers send their kids to private school might be a red flag that something is wrong in the system.

That would however mean the very people benefiting from it's politicization would have to say something.

Kathianne
08-10-2021, 07:21 PM
One would think that prior to it becoming the political platform it has, the fact public school teachers send their kids to private school might be a red flag that something is wrong in the system.

That would however mean the very people benefiting from it's politicization would have to say something.
Without a doubt. They want the discipline and the academics.

Public schools for the pay; private schools if you want to teach

Same kids in neighborhood, but the parents have expectations. See similar results in many charter schools. Far less money and resources, but much better education.

Gunny
08-11-2021, 08:34 AM
Without a doubt. They want the discipline and the academics.

Public schools for the pay; private schools if you want to teach

Same kids in neighborhood, but the parents have expectations. See similar results in many charter schools. Far less money and resources, but much better education.I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to fix the public education system in our country. As it stands, IMO, it's a complete failure. Seems more like a political indoctrination laboratory than an institute of learning.