PDA

View Full Version : Go look at the Olympic winners

jimnyc
08-10-2021, 05:34 PM
*Aside - the guy playing a gal in weightlifting still got his ass kicked!

I saw an article raving about how many lgbtq members were in the Olympics and that 32 of them won. But almost every one of them is a woman. And nope, I have zero issue with women in the Olympics or outperforming men. I just can't help but wonder if anyone would actually play female to gain an advantage. Nahhhhhhh. :rolleyes:

Gunny
08-10-2021, 06:27 PM
*Aside - the guy playing a gal in weightlifting still got his ass kicked!

I saw an article raving about how many lgbtq members were in the Olympics and that 32 of them won. But almost every one of them is a woman. And nope, I have zero issue with women in the Olympics or outperforming men. I just can't help but wonder if anyone would actually play female to gain an advantage. Nahhhhhhh. :rolleyes:

There's always one to get the foot in the door.

Look at the number of males in US high schools robbing girls. They'll be Olympics age next time around.

Gunny
08-11-2021, 07:48 AM
Here's one: China has declared itself the winner in Gold medals as it now claims the gold medals won by Hong Kong and Taiwan :rolleyes:

Chink in China's armor: While executing Tsun Tzu against the West and US in particular, in a fairly successful manner, China has a childish streak. Especially about its alleged image. When you are a poor sport and cheat in front of the entire World, the "victory" has no meaning.

The Art of War is about winning, not appearances. Zing Ping must have skipped that chapter.

Juicer66
08-12-2021, 12:08 PM
As told elsewhere , Team GB and Australia hugely outperformed the US on a per capita basis .Excludes single rocky points sticking out of a sea , or one beach islands with a

few beachcombers , that secured a single medal in knitting or synchronised cooking .

On a GDP basis the US slipped to 15 th place though only 14 countries qualified for inclusion . Others were excluded because due to debt they do not even notionally exist .Like

the poor old US .

Gunny
08-12-2021, 12:14 PM
*yawn*

Juicer66
08-17-2021, 04:20 AM
*yawn*

Yes , you are right . Braggarts do tend to suddenly switch off when their boasting narratives are questioned or even punctured .

Gunny
08-17-2021, 08:05 AM
Yes , you are right . Braggarts do tend to suddenly switch off when their boasting narratives are questioned or even punctured .
Project much?

Abbey Marie
08-17-2021, 01:03 PM
As told elsewhere , Team GB and Australia hugely outperformed the US on a per capita basis .Excludes single rocky points sticking out of a sea , or one beach islands with a

few beachcombers , that secured a single medal in knitting or synchronised cooking .

On a GDP basis the US slipped to 15 th place though only 14 countries qualified for inclusion . Others were excluded because due to debt they do not even notionally exist .Like

the poor old US .

Gotta love when someone spends their precious time every day bashing a country they simultaneously claim is inconsequential. I mean, why would you even bother if we are such losers? We surely can’t affect your life, let alone the world, right? You should logically spend your time addressing the ‘greatness’ that is the UK, no?
Luckily, I know that you aren’t representative of your country.
:rolleyes:

NightTrain
08-17-2021, 01:25 PM
As told elsewhere, Team GB and Australia hugely outperformed the US on a per capita basis.

"Per capita basis"? WTF does that have to do with anything?

On a GDP basis the US slipped to 15 th place though only 14 countries qualified for inclusion . Others were excluded because due to debt they do not even notionally exist. Like the poor old US .

GDP basis, too? These are ludicrous and frankly, sad ways of attempting to elevate your poor performance in the Olympics, toots.

What matters is how many medals the athletes brought home against the best athletes of other countries. Say it with me : The USA dominated.

I'm curious, do you have a breakout of athletes drinking tea and sporting a British Flag outperforming everyone else in the Olympics, too?

How about Athletes that only wore Red Shorts and White Shoes? I'm sure that's relevant, too. :rolleyes:

NightTrain
08-17-2021, 01:35 PM
Luckily, I know that you aren’t representative of your country.
:rolleyes:

Truth.

I'd like Drummond to take this one for a spin. I always appreciated his fondness for the USA and the beatdown he'd lay down on someone like Juicer badmouthing a country that's given so much to them. It was always entertaining.

fj1200
08-17-2021, 01:49 PM
Olympic athletes aren't chosen by GDP. Or by many other measures.