PDA

View Full Version : Judges Issue Restraining Orders in Dallas, San Antonio RE: Mask Mandates

Gunny
08-11-2021, 08:24 AM
I saw this on KENS 5, local news. A judge here has issued a temporary restraining order against Abbott's "no mask mandates" law. Another was issued in Dallas.

Whoever wants to hate me can feel free, but good. Got 3 grandkids in school and my daughter's a teacher. I don't agree with the law to begin with as it is no different in intent than vaccination mandates. Either way, it's the government deciding what's best for everyone without regard to individual/local situations. It removes government at lowest level. I have far more faith in the Mayor of SA/school district superintendents knowing WTH is going on HERE, than I do some suit in Austin.

Edit: It concerns me greatly that hard headed conservatives/Republicans are determined to go against the will of the people. What usually follows is Dems taking control of those governments. Last time that happened here it took the entire 1980s to get our economy out of the hole Ann Richards dug. The GOP here needs to get back in touch with what it is supposed to be doing -- representing the people.