PDA

View Full Version : Mother Files Complaint Against Atlanta School for Segregating Classes by Race

jimnyc
08-12-2021, 01:59 PM
They gotta let this shit go. IMO it started with racism. Until they start uniting folks it will be nothing more than division.

Input all of this crap and now we are literally back to dividing students. That's ridiculous. I don't know if this was the school or teachers idea, but it's gotta be 86'd.

---

Mother Files Complaint Against Atlanta School for Segregating Classes by Race

A mother has filed a complaint against her daughter’s Georgia elementary school, alleging that it segregated black students to give them “more opportunities.”

Kila Posey said she filed a federal discrimination complaint with the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights against Mary Lin Elementary School in Atlanta, after discovering that it had been dividing students into different classes based on race.

Posey alleged that her daughter was grouped into a class for only black students.

“We’ve lost sleep like trying to figure out why would a person do this,” Posey, told WSB-TV. “First, it was just disbelief that I was having this conversation in 2020 with a person that looks just like me—a black woman. It’s segregating classrooms. You cannot segregate classrooms. You can’t do it.”

“My community, had they known about this, would probably be extremely upset. Not just the black parents but also white parents,” Posey added.

She told the news station that the school’s principal, Sharyn Briscoe, who is also black, said that the segregation would give students more opportunities, and implemented the practice last year.

Black students were placed in two classes with two different teachers, while white students were grouped into six classes with six different teachers.

Rest - https://www.theepochtimes.com/mother-files-complaint-against-atlanta-school-for-segregating-classes-by-race_3945266.html

tailfins
08-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Do what works! There is centuries of data showing that segregation works. It's good that schools are rediscovering this proven framework.

Governor Lester Maddox is smiling from his grave.

fj1200
08-12-2021, 08:53 PM
I'm wondering if the principal would like to go back to separate but equal. Thurgood Marshall if doing a massive face-palm about now.

Juicer66
08-13-2021, 05:04 AM
Posey alleged that her daughter was grouped into a class for only black students.

The subject that causes instant war ---- IQ levels by ethnicity .

Supposing there are major differences --- and I believe that science based research is clear , though researchers are scared rigid of results repercussions .

Then an argument for different types and levels of opportunities is reasonable if not correct and even morally desirable .

However , the subject generates such colossal misunderstandings that I will return to my current work of getting all vaccinated people shipped to camps in very far away places :cool: