PDA

View Full Version : Saigon Again

Kathianne
08-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Sure is looking like it. While reports of beheading have been mentioned for weeks, in the middle of night some noise from alternative media that they're hearing Kandahar had fallen.

Now the DOD announced that 3k Marines would be there shortly to back up. 650 already trying to protect the airport and civilians trying to evacuate. 3 addition marine brigades would be leaving US shortly. Another 3k were in Kuwait and were ready to go.

Seems 'no one' could have predicted the blitzkrieg that Taliban has executed. I remember saying here regarding the talking heads' speculation of 6-9 months until Taliban would possibly take control and I said 6 weeks if lucky. I'm thinking it's pretty damn close.

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 12:16 PM
News reports keep bringing up 3k number, it seems my math abilities have not abandoned me:

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/08/14/collapse-marine-vanguard-to-kabul-n408780

Gunny
08-14-2021, 02:42 PM
This was the thread I was looking for. The author keeps mentioning "that's another 3k people to evacuate" (the US military force). Get off it, dummy. We're trained to hop on a ride and didi mao. Look how fast they left last month :slap:

I'm for just flat hammering the Taliban. I know some expected a different answer from me :rolleyes: But that's about the Taliban and teh people of Afghanistan to me, not Afghanistan itself. Couldn't set a better ambush than luring them out into the open as they are.

We'd have to have a government that was conducting a war, not playing at it with politics though.

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 03:30 PM
Now Biden is saying 5k, his math doesn't compute, any more than his July pronouncements on Taliban capabilities.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/live-updates-taliban-gain-more-ground-in-afghanistan-as-they-close-in-on-kabul

Juicer66
08-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Now Biden is saying 5k, his math doesn't compute, any more than his July pronouncements on Taliban capabilities.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/live-updates-taliban-gain-more-ground-in-afghanistan-as-they-close-in-on-kabul

You are right .

Sleepy no longer has handler help that makes sense .

The Devolvement Project nears completion . In a strange way Sleepy is an asset .

We needed a simpleton to ensure easy success . Or a brainless old fool .

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 04:46 PM
This was the thread I was looking for. The author keeps mentioning "that's another 3k people to evacuate" (the US military force). Get off it, dummy. We're trained to hop on a ride and didi mao. Look how fast they left last month :slap:

I'm for just flat hammering the Taliban. I know some expected a different answer from me :rolleyes: But that's about the Taliban and teh people of Afghanistan to me, not Afghanistan itself. Couldn't set a better ambush than luring them out into the open as they are.

We'd have to have a government that was conducting a war, not playing at it with politics though.
Agreement with you:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-biden-taliban-airstrikes-afghanistan

Gunny
08-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Agreement with you:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-biden-taliban-airstrikes-afghanistanLooks to me like Biden is frozen in place, knowing not what to do. Forget that SecDef crap. How about JCS? And ask for a REAL plan :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said. I'd crush those assholes. 5000n troops? How many troops did we have before? How many did Biden withdraw? Hard to get anything done moving backward without a compass.

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 05:47 PM
Looks to me like Biden is frozen in place, knowing not what to do. Forget that SecDef crap. How about JCS? And ask for a REAL plan :rolleyes:

I stand by what I said. I'd crush those assholes. 5000n troops? How many troops did we have before? How many did Biden withdraw? Hard to get anything done moving backward without a compass.
Either in, heading to Afghanistan, or nearby locale, I count 9500-10k depending on outlet.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Looks to me like Biden is frozen in place, knowing not what to do. Forget that SecDef crap. How about JCS? And ask for a REAL plan :rolleyes:

Biden seems incapable of coherent thought. We’re screwed.

icansayit
08-14-2021, 05:53 PM
On vacation in Delaware for two weeks. His Diaper, and Depends supplier must have a special on HOME DELIVERY to the Mentally Disabled who pretend to be something they will never be. Ya know? Like all of those Hollyweird actors who only know how to ACT or PRETEND?

Abbey Marie
08-14-2021, 05:56 PM
On vacation in Delaware for two weeks. His Diaper, and Depends supplier must have a special on HOME DELIVERY to the Mentally Disabled who pretend to be something they will never be. Ya know? Like all of those Hollyweird actors who only know how to ACT or PRETEND?

Minor point, but boy does His Liarness cause traffic jams (“Joe Jams”) here in Delaware. We wish he’d stay the heck in DC once in a while.

Gunny
08-14-2021, 08:33 PM
When bin Laden was killed in 2010, the US had 100k troops in Afghanistan.

We were allegedly down to 2500 under Biden.

Now we're sending in 10k troops.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the President of the United States, The Honorable Mr Joe Biden. Here's his plan ... :cuckoo:

Edit: Kathianne I meant to quote your post.

Gunny
08-15-2021, 10:53 AM
I have this idea forming in the ethereal between my ears that the Dems could be leaving Joe adrift without a lifeboat.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2021, 11:04 AM
I have this idea forming in the ethereal between my ears that the Dems could be leaving Joe adrift without a lifeboat.

Me too. It’s only a question of when, IMO.

Mr. P
08-15-2021, 12:25 PM
i have this idea forming in the ethereal between my ears that the dems could be leaving joe adrift without a lifeboat.

me too. It’s only a question of when, imo.

yep!

jimnyc
08-15-2021, 01:02 PM
What did they think would happen with this guy full7g in charge? Same as the border he just cut rope.

And Liz Cheney needs to forget this one.

---

Reports: President Ashraf Ghani Flees Afghanistan

President Ashraf Ghani fled Afghanistan on Sunday following the arrival of Taliban forces to the nation’s capital, Kabul, Afghan outlet Tolo News reported.

Tolo added that, according to Taliban sources, Ghani had agreed to a formal resignation. Ghani reportedly took his top aides with him.

Reuters reported on Sunday the Taliban were still working to confirm Ghani’s whereabouts as of press time. Ghani’s office declined to comment on his apparent abandonment of the nation, refusing to “say anything about Ashraf Ghani’s movement for security reasons.” The outlet suggested he was bound for neighboring Tajikistan, like many Afghan troops fleeing the battlefield.

Ghani has served as president since 2014.

Ghani appeared before the nation in a pre-recorded speech on Saturday claiming that he was working to “remobilize” the Afghan military to fight the Taliban.

“Under the current situation, remobilizing of the security and defense forces is our top priority and required measures are underway for this purpose,” Ghani said, vowing to work to prevent “further killings, loss of the gains of the last 20 years, destruction of public property and continued instability.”

Ghani’s reported flight follows the Taliban reconquest of many of the nation’s major cities, including Herat and Kandahar. While Kabul has yet to fall, American forces and those of allied nations are scrambling to evacuate their civilian personnel, expecting the Taliban to claim the city at any time.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021/08/15/reports-president-ashraf-ghani-flees-afghanistan/

Escape from Kabul: U.S. Ambassador Flees Embassy, Americans Told to ‘Shelter in Place’

The United States ambassador in Afghanistan has fled the U.S. Embassy in Kabul for the airport, according to multiple news reports.

The ambassador fleeing the embassy came after Biden administration officials insisted the embassy would remain open.

According to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul, the airport was “taking fire,” and Americans were instructed to “shelter in place” at the airport.
The Embassy’s security alert said:

Event: The security situation in Kabul is changing quickly including at the airport. There are reports of the airport taking fire; therefore we are instructing U.S. citizens to shelter in place.

U.S. citizens wanting assistance in departing the country should register for any option that might be identified to return to the United States, and must complete this Repatriation Assistance Request for each traveler in their group. Spouses and minor children of U.S. citizens in Afghanistan who are awaiting immigrant visas should also complete this form if they wish to depart. Please do so as soon as possible. You must complete this form even if you’ve previously submitted your information to the U.S. Embassy in Kabul. Do not call the U.S. Embassy in Kabul for details or updates about the flight. This form is the only way to communicate interest in flight options.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/15/escape-kabul-us-ambassador-flees-embassy-americans-told-shelter-place/

Blinken on Afghanistan: ‘This Is Manifestly Not Saigon’ All Over Again

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that while video shows military helicopters facilitating the rapid evacuation of U.S. personnel from the U.S. embassy in Kabul, it was “manifestly not Saigon.”

Guest host Jon Karl said, “An internal document that went out to embassy personnel instructed American personnel at the embassy to reduce the amount of sensitive information on the property. It also said, please include items with embassy logos, American flags, or items which could be misused in propaganda efforts. Clearly, the concern is that the Taliban — this is also I assume why you’re relocating people to the airport — that the Taliban would overwhelm and take over the embassy compound.”

Blinken said, This is standard operating procedure in any such situation. There are plans in place if we’re leaving an embassy compound, relocating our people to another place, to take all these steps. The ones you just listed. This is exactly what we would do in any of these situations. Again, this is being done in a very deliberate way, orderly way. It’s being done with American forces there to do it in a safe way.”

Karl said, “Respectfully, not much about what we’re seeing seems orderly or standard operating procedure. Just last month, President Biden said that under no circumstances — that was his words — under no circumstances would U.S. embassy personnel be airlifted out of Kabul in a replay of the scenes we saw in Saigon in 1975. Isn’t that exactly what we’re seeing now? Even the images are evocative of what happened in Vietnam.”

Blinken, “Let’s take a step back. This is manifestly not Saigon. The fact of the matter is this we went to Afghanistan 20 years ago with one mission in mind. That was to deal with the people that attacked us on 9/11. That mission has been successful. ”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/15/blinken-on-afghanistan-this-is-manifestly-not-saigon-all-over-again/

Former Gen. Petraeus: Biden Must Take Responsibility for His ‘Catastrophic’ Afghanistan Withdrawal

Americans woke up Sunday to the news that after two decades and the deaths of hundreds of U.S. troops the Taliban terrorists are taking over Afghanistan and President Joe Biden is responsible, one top U.S. general said.

As Taliban warlords surround the capital city of Kabul, Gen. (Ret.) David Petraeus, former commander of U.S. and International Forces in Afghanistan, predicted the debacle.

‘This is an enormous national security setback and it is on the verge of getting much worse unless we decide to take really significant action,’ Petraeus told WABC Radio in a recent interview.

“The outcome, whether it is the Taliban taking over the country or it’s the kind of civil war that we saw in the wake of the collapse of the post-Soviet government, there are no good outcomes here,” Petraeus said. “In fact, there is nothing more than horrible outcomes unless we are willing to acknowledge that this is not going as more optimistic projections laid out and take stock.”

“We are now in a situation where the Taliban are trying to encircle Kabul – a city of 5 or 6 million – before hundreds of thousands of refugees starting flooding into it,” he argued. “If we communicate effectively with the Taliban that they need to halt what they are doing, or we will bring the might of the U.S. military down upon them, we can stop this.”

Petraeus made the remarks after Biden said Afghanistan being taken over by terrorists was “highly unlikely.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/15/general-petraeus-biden-must-take-responsibility-his-catastrophic-afghanistan-withdrawal/

McCaul: Biden 100% Owns Afghanistan — Has ‘Blood on His Hands’

House Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Member Michael McCaul (R-TX) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that President Joe Biden 100% owned the situation unfolding as the Taliban takes over Afghanistan.

McCaul said, “I think it is an unmitigated disaster of epic proportions. I think the president —this is going to be a stain on this president and this presidency. I think he is going to have blood on his hands for what they did.”

Anchor Jake Tapper asked, “Does former President Trump share the blame for what we are seeing in Afghanistan because of the deal he made with the Taliban and the fact Secretary Blinken wasn’t wrong when he said the Taliban was stronger in January of this year than it had been since 9/11?”

McCaul said, “Harry Truman once said the buck stops here. You know, for President Biden to try to throw all of this on the former administration is a lack of responsibility and accountability. He owns this. Absolutely, 100%, he owns it. He made the decision, and what’s worse, Jake is when you and I started to get engaged on this. Once he made the decision, he could have done certain things he could have planned for it. He could have had a strategy for this, but instead, they had no strategy. Now they’re knocking on the door of Kabul. The noose is tightening around the Kabul neck. There is still no strategy other than race to the airport and evacuate as many people as you can. This is a really sad day.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/15/mccaul-biden-100-owns-afghanistan-has-blood-on-his-hands/#

Liz Cheney: Trump Bears ‘Very Significant Responsibility’ for Afghanistan ‘Disaster’

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that former President Donald Trump bore “very significant responsibility” for the unfolding situation of the Taliban taking over Afghanistan as the U.S. military withdraws.

Guest anchor Jon Karl asked, “Ultimately, this is President Biden’s decision. He is the one who called for this withdrawal, is going forward with it. This didn’t happen in a vacuum. It was President Trump who negotiated the agreement with the Taliban to have a complete withdraw that was supposed to have by May 1st. Who bears responsibility?”

Cheney said, “Absolutely President Biden bears responsibility for making the decision. There’s no question that President Trump, his administration, Secretary Pompeo, they bear very significant responsibility for this. They walked down this path of legitimizing the Taliban, perpetuating this fantasy, telling the American people that the Taliban were partners in peace. President Trump told us the Taliban was going to fight terror. Secretary Pompeo told us the Taliban was going to renounce al Qaeda. The Taliban released prisoners across Afghanistan. There’s real concern they’re not just fighters in those prisons who will join the battle in Afghanistan, but the terrorists globally will be fed new soldiers for that fight. The delegitimization of the Afghan government — at one point, president trump said they would invite the Taliban to Camp David. ”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/08/15/liz-cheney-trump-bears-very-significant-responsibility-for-afghanistan-disaster/

Gunny
08-15-2021, 01:42 PM
Cheney is a self-destructive idiot. She has done most harm to herself opening her mouth when it wasn't necessary. I'm thinking she can start making vacation plans the day after her current term in office expires. Or apply for a job on the View.

Not Saigon? I watched Saigon fall on TV. Pretty-much looks like the same duck to me.

No matter what anyone on the left says, Biden owns this 100%. *I* could get some PR and a good body count out of this situation, but Biden's and the left's military acumen would fit in a thimble with room to spare.

jimnyc
08-15-2021, 01:51 PM
Taliban own the presidential palace in Kabul.

I believe Biden must have set a record on this loss.

jimnyc
08-15-2021, 01:56 PM
Pleading with the Taliban? The word unbelievable just keeps coming to mind over and over.

---

Pathetic: Biden Admin Pleads with Taliban to Go Easy, So as to Win Approval of ‘International Community’

As the U.S.-backed regime in Afghanistan folds with astonishing rapidity before the advancing Taliban, Old Joe Biden’s handlers, ever ready to prove how badly they can foul things up, are appealing to the Taliban to go easy, and dangling before these battle-hardened jihadis the chimerical prospect of acceptance by the bodies of world authority and opinion which those jihadis regard with nothing but contempt. According to the Washington Post, “the U.S. argument to the Taliban is that if it avoids a direct confrontation with the more than 3,000 U.S. troops arriving in Kabul and waits for the completion of the evacuation, that increases the likelihood that both the international community and Afghans will accept the Taliban’s entry into the capital.”

Do the foreign policy “experts” in the State Department really think that the Taliban cares in the slightest degree for acceptance by “the international community”? The answer is actually yes, the State wonks do likely think that, and it’s just another illustration of how all their Foreign-Policy-Magazine Rand-Corporation Brookings-Institution doesn’t move them even a millimeter closer to understanding the realities of Afghanistan, which is why we are in the fix now, a fix that has been utterly predictable (and I have predicted it, repeatedly) for the last twenty years.

In reality, the Taliban makes no secret of what it is all about: It is an Islamic group, dedicated to establishing the rule of Islamic law in Afghanistan. The word “Taliban” means “students,” i.e., students of the Qur’an and Sunnah. That’s basically all they’re about. The Taliban regards the “international community” as largely made up of jahili regimes, that is, societies of unbelievers that deserve no respect and certainly warrant no accommodation. Whether the “international community” accepts the Taliban or doesn’t, the Taliban will soldier on for Allah. If they attain victory now, they will rule Afghanistan. If they don’t, they will keep fighting against the next crowd of infidels that comes into the country.

And as for the Afghan people, their view of all this is one of the things that Harry Truman long ago derisively dubbed “the striped-pants boys” in the State Department have no idea about. The Taliban doesn’t need to treat the Americans gently in order to win the acceptance of the Afghan people. The Afghan people for the most part would be happy to see the Americans get a whipping as the Taliban enters Kabul, for all our billions spent over the last two decades to win over Afghan hearts and minds never took cognizance of the fact that the Qur’an warns against the Jews and Christians: “And the Jews will not be pleased with you, neither will the Christians, until you follow their religion.” (2:120)

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2021/08/14/pathetic-biden-admin-pleads-with-taliban-to-go-easy-so-as-to-win-approval-of-international-community-n1469518

Gunny
08-15-2021, 01:59 PM
Taliban own the presidential palace in Kabul.

I believe Biden must have set a record on this loss.Probably doesn't know. He's on vacation.

Can you imagine of a Republican President went on vacation while he was getting over-run on two separate borders? The Dems tried to get all over GWB just for following Secret Service protocol.

jimnyc
08-15-2021, 02:08 PM
Probably doesn't know. He's on vacation.

Can you imagine of a Republican President went on vacation while he was getting over-run on two separate borders? The Dems tried to get all over GWB just for following Secret Service protocol.

I think he's been on vacation ever since his eyes turned that new black color they are. Almost like the walking dead. But definitely on vacation more and more, physically even if not literally.

Juicer66
08-16-2021, 08:10 AM
No matter what anyone on the left says, Biden owns this 100%. *I* could get some PR and a good body count out of this situation, but Biden's and the left's military acumen would fit in a thimble with room to spare.

It's time for the older generation particularly to see that it is the US military that might be rotten to the core and corps and pay attention to Jim Bakken , for example , who is a Professor in the Department of Law at the US Military Academy at West Point (https://www.westpoint.edu/law/profile/tim_bakken). Hence he has a unique insider's view of the US Army officer corps and its failings .In The Cost of Loyalty: Dishonesty, Hubris, and Failure in the U.S. Military (https://www.amazon.com/Cost-Loyalty-Dishonesty-Failure-Military-ebook/dp/B07V3N9HYB), Bakken alleged and showed that the US military leadership is too corrupt and dysfunctional to win wars.
And in his book, Bakken makes many charges which he then substantiates .

Bakken’s Charges Include:1. The US military has forgotten its history.
2. Instead of learning from failure the military glorifies failures as heroes.
3. The US military values loyalty and obedience over competence.
4. There is a culture of corruption and dishonesty in the armed forces that undermines military readiness.
5. The military no longer embraces American values and could threaten those values.
6. Congress, the Courts, and the President do not hold the military accountable for its excesses and failures.
It is now Milley who symbolises everything bad because it was underneath him that the Afghan troops were trained by Americans to be crack outfits . Perhaps the actual crack being used was of a different type to the use of the term , crack, in Milley's mind .Vietnam repeating itself .

Surely Americans did not have to witness ignominious failure as Marines play at Carers helping US citizens fix their safety belts as they flee Afghanistan.

And now there is probably barely a living American that has taken part in a winning battle / armed conflict since WW2 .Only Ali in the Rumble if he were alive.

Abbey Marie
08-16-2021, 08:17 AM
What the hell are you on about now?

fj1200
08-16-2021, 08:33 AM
Cheney is a self-destructive idiot. She has done most harm to herself opening her mouth when it wasn't necessary. I'm thinking she can start making vacation plans the day after her current term in office expires. Or apply for a job on the View.

And if she's right? Don't we want politicians that will "tell it like it is" rather than go into self-preservation mode?

Juicer66
08-16-2021, 10:04 AM
What the hell are you on about now?

He probably has not read the book and report by Professor Bakken , Department of Law at the Military Academy , West Point

Difficult times when old soldiers see their work turn out so badly . Only the comic images of John Wayne land remain .

We had to look to our own laurels once the military reasons for loss of Empire were revealed . We soon recovered . Let's hope the US sees the errors of its ways as fast .

Gunny
08-16-2021, 10:40 AM
What the hell are you on about now?It's called anti-US military propaganda. Typical of military critics are the mindless parrots regurgitating on a topic they know nothing of, and refusing to address the simple, basic, and inconvenient to their Worldview fact that no matter how good the military is, it can't do any more than our stupid politicians allow.

There is no intelligent, knowledgeable discourse on this topic with this person.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2021, 10:49 AM
Minor point, but boy does His Liarness cause traffic jams (“Joe Jams”) here in Delaware. We wish he’d stay the heck in DC once in a while.

Anywhere he is as President spells serious trouble for our nation.
As he is merely a puppet being operated by the hag Pelosi, Chuckyboy Schummer, ffing scum Soros under the command of the globalists, imho.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Probably doesn't know. He's on vacation.

but, but, but, but , but he is not a rude man , like that evil orange man Trump... :rolleyes:---Tyr

Gunny
08-16-2021, 10:54 AM
And if she's right? Don't we want politicians that will "tell it like it is" rather than go into self-preservation mode?I will start a separate thread to respond to this.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2021, 11:00 AM
The dems are issuing the orders and are now happy to let idiot Biden take the fall, imho..
As a way to put Harris in the new vacancy created..
This could be a part of their plan.. just sayin....--Tyr