PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of the Clintons' marriage?

KarlMarx
09-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Whether the Clintons are married in the traditional sense is open to debate.

Cheyenne
09-25-2007, 01:24 AM
What is your definition of 'traditional'?
The fact that he's a man & she's a women? (which is probably debatable)
The fact that he cheats on his wife?
If she wins the election he will be the first male 'First Lady' hosting teas? Doubt that's traditional.

5stringJeff
09-25-2007, 04:22 AM
My opinion is of no concern or value; their opinion of their marriage is what matters.

Cheyenne
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
My opinion is of no concern or value; their opinion of their marriage is what matters.

That's not entirely true. While I agree that what goes on between a husband & a wife is their business, some things such as abuse are other's business.

The Clinton's are public people; they should conduct themselves in a manner that supports the values of marriage not make a mockery of it.

truthmatters
09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
It seems as though you people are anti people staying together in a long term marraige?

Why no questions about the many divorces and marriages of your own candidates?

JohnDoe
09-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I believe it is a traditional marriage....as with anyone elses's marriage, filled with troublesome times and good times, and one takes a vow to God, to stick with it, during all of the ups and downs.

God Bless the Clintons, especially Hillary, to manage to deal with his infidelity in such a public Forum, when it is probably hard enough to deal with in private.

jd

hjmick
09-25-2007, 11:42 AM
It seems as though you people are anti people staying together in a long term marraige?

Personally I don't believe anyone should remain in an unhealthy situation.

Why no questions about the many divorces and marriages of your own candidates?

Perhaps that's because the title of the thread is "What is your opinion of the Clinton's marriage?" which would tend to indicate that the topic is what we think about Bill and Hillary Clinton's marriage.

Oh, you are wondering why nobody has started a thread on that topic...my mistake. The answer to that should be obvious.

As for my opinion of their marriage, it's none of my business, but I can tell this much, their marriage is nowhere as good as mine.

dan
09-25-2007, 11:52 AM
Bleh. Bill's not the first guy to cheat on his wife, won't be the last. It's probably a marriage of convenience, but I say that having no idea what their private life is like at all.

Cheyenne
09-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Bleh. Bill's not the first guy to cheat on his wife, won't be the last. It's probably a marriage of convenience, but I say that having no idea what their private life is like at all.
But they have made their private life, public. His infidelity, his choice of Hoochie, and the media have made it public.

You are correct that Wm is not the first nor will he be the last. And as our society continues to emasculate men, there will be a continual increase on both parts; men & women alike.

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:02 AM
I think that Bill and Hillary both do their own things and each maintains the other for the respect they both deserve. Given that Hillary will be the Democratic nominee for Presidential candidate, she can safely count on my vote.

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:05 AM
You imply a mockery?

That's not entirely true. While I agree that what goes on between a husband & a wife is their business, some things such as abuse are other's business.

The Clinton's are public people; they should conduct themselves in a manner that supports the values of marriage not make a mockery of it.

Please explain your analogy?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 03:29 AM
Who gives a rats ass...

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/MGKitty.gif

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:46 AM
As the unofficial spokeswoman for the reighwingers, staphy, obviously you don't. But I do. Are you taking your meds regularly? How about your Cape Cods? Are you regular on them?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 03:56 AM
As the unofficial spokeswoman for the reighwingers, staphy, obviously you don't. But I do. Are you taking your meds regularly? How about your Cape Cods? Are you regular on them?

My cape cods are just fine.....

How bout your case of Busch???

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/music015.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/music015.gifhttp://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/music015.gif

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:58 AM
It was actually your meds I was worried about, staphy. Especially in combination with your drinks. Are you still having those delusions?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:34 AM
It was actually your meds I was worried about, staphy. Especially in combination with your drinks. Are you still having those delusions?

YES.......I am having delusions........how'd you guess..

I keep dreaming about this.........Please someone stop IT......

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/284417.jpg

:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Your obsession with tits, capitals and old scrawney bodies leaves me to believe that you should either stop taking your meds or stop drinking. The combination is really destroying your thinking process. I assume your response will be :laugh2: or something like it. Really, you need to speak frankly with your doctor.

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:52 AM
Your obsession with tits, capitals and old scrawney bodies leaves me to believe that you should either stop taking your meds or stop drinking. The combination is really destroying your thinking process. I ssume your response will be :laugh2: or something like it. Really, you need to speak frankly with your doctor.

Here is what I want to do when you post.......

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/sport003.jpg

cause you make me sweepey........:laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 05:14 AM
You performed as I expected, swampy, sweepy.

Sober up and get back in the real deal of life.

Cheyenne
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
You imply a mockery?
Please explain your analogy?

I am not quite sure what it is you're asking from me.

Maybe I was too quick to judge.
But the mere fact that Wm had an affair tells us things are awry.

There are many reasons people stay together after an affair. They may have spent many hours confronting this issue & have managed to put their marriage back on track.
But I don't think Hilliary is the kind of woman to easily forgive this public humiliation and be all warm & cuddly.

hjmick
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I am not quite sure what it is you're asking from me.

Maybe I was too quick to judge.
But the mere fact that Wm had an affair tells us things are awry.

There are many reasons people stay together after an affair. They may have spent many hours confronting this issue & have managed to put their marriage back on track.
But I don't think Hilliary is the kind of woman to easily forgive this public humiliation and be all warm & cuddly.

Oh now come on Cheyenne, let's be fair. He didn't have just one affair, he had several extramarital liaisons with different women over a period of several years. :D

Cheyenne
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh now come on Cheyenne, let's be fair. He didn't have just one affair, he had several extramarital liaisons with different women over a period of several years. :DI was being kind. ;)

Which tells us A LOT about their marriage....... & society in general, since we are so nonchalant about it.

When our society stops emasculating men, affairs on the part of men & women alike, will diminish.

typomaniac
09-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Absolutley wrong. You may not choose to live your life that way (I wouldn't choose to live mine like the Clintons do), but that's not the point.

This is supposed to be a free country, and they should have every right to do whatever makes them happy when it comes to their relationship.

Cheyenne
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Absolutley wrong. You may not choose to live your life that way (I wouldn't choose to live mine like the Clintons do), but that's not the point.

This is supposed to be a free country, and they should have every right to do whatever makes them happy when it comes to their relationship.Oooo, y-e-a-h, I'm gonna have to disagree with you, here.
I never said they don't have a "right".

What I did say is, what goes on between & husband & wife should stay be between a husband & wife. NO ONE should be allowed to presume to share that relationship. That goes for family & friends as well.
Their relationship has been made public by their choices. You'd better know who you're deciding to cheat with.

But do you honestly think they're "happy"? Marriage is for MUTUAL happiness & well-being. Look at their eyes.

typomaniac
09-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Oooo, y-e-a-h, I'm gonna have to disagree with you, here.
I never said they don't have a "right".

What I did say is, what goes on between & husband & wife should stay be between a husband & wife.
For you and your spouse, fine. Perhaps that's even true for most married couples. If the Clintons, in particular, choose to do something differently, it's still their choice. Why should it bother you so much?

NO ONE should be allowed to presume to share that relationship. That goes for family & friends as well.And yet for whatever bizarre reason, a lot of voters do. I don't think it's right, either, but there's no way that you or I will ever change their minds.

But do you honestly think they're "happy"? Marriage is for MUTUAL happiness & well-being. Look at their eyes.I have no idea whether either or both of them are happy, nor is it any of my business. The decisions they make about their marriage are completely up to them.

Cheyenne
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Why should it bother you so much?
The title of the thread is "What is your opinion of the Clinton's marriage?"
I sleep well at night.

Ps. I am sure that Mr. Clinton is not the only man who has occupied the White House that has had an affair. I am also sure that some of those who did, we will never know about. For whatever reason their indiscretion, they had enough respect for the Office & the American People to not make it public and shame the union of a man & woman.

typomaniac
09-26-2007, 09:51 PM
The title of the thread is "What is your opinion of the Clinton's marriage?"
I sleep well at night.

Ps. I am sure that Mr. Clinton is not the only man who has occupied the White House that has had an affair. I am also sure that some of those who did, we will never know about. For whatever reason their indiscretion, they had enough respect for the Office & the American People to not make it public and shame the union of a man & woman.
And my opinion is that the ONLY opinions about the Clintons' marriage that deserve any respect at all are those of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Cheyenne
09-27-2007, 02:11 AM
And my opinion is that the ONLY opinions about the Clintons' marriage that deserve any respect at all are those of Bill and Hillary Clinton.This wasn't about whether our opinions deserve respect; but you are correct.

Psychoblues
09-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Cool. I can dig that.

eighballsidepocket
09-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I believe it is a traditional marriage....as with anyone elses's marriage, filled with troublesome times and good times, and one takes a vow to God, to stick with it, during all of the ups and downs.

God Bless the Clintons, especially Hillary, to manage to deal with his infidelity in such a public Forum, when it is probably hard enough to deal with in private.

jd

I agree that her sticking it out with him sets a good example, but on another note, I wonder what her chances of being elected president would be if she had divorced William Clinton?

Just wondering?

typomaniac
09-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree that her sticking it out with him sets a good example, but on another note, I wonder what her chances of being elected president would be if she had divorced William Clinton?

Just wondering?

My opinion is that it wouldn't have had much effect on her chances one way or the other.

Yurt
09-28-2007, 05:36 PM

Exactly. Whether stay together for "power" or "love" is not for us to decide, it is up to them. Hold on, let me ring Britney Spears to get her opinion on marriage.....

actsnoblemartin
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
it is traditional, hillary is the man, bill is the woman.

Dilloduck
09-28-2007, 06:13 PM
We will get to hear way more than we want to about it when she is elected President.

gabosaurus
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
At least the Clintons are still legally married.
Some of you have failed in that respect.

Cheyenne
10-02-2007, 06:11 PM
At least the Clintons are still legally married.
Some of you have failed in that respect.So that makes the difference? They're legal?

While I advocate marriage and all that comes with it, the mere fact that someone has entered into a legal contract, a marriage it does not make.