PDA

View Full Version : President Ahmadinejad - Coming of the Madhi

09-25-2007, 05:06 AM
As I hope most of us know, President Ahmadinejad is a Twelver. One of the Shiites who believes in the return of the Twelve Iman - the Madhi who will come to bring peace and justice by killing all non-Muslims. When Ahmadinejad speaks he often offers a prayer for the madhi's return.

As a Twelver he believes he can hasten the time when the Madhi will return. He believes we are in the last days before his return and in order to speed things up he needs to create chaos and war in the world for him to appear. The United States and Israel are his major obstacles and essentially the "anti-Christ" to Ahmadinejad and his group. Hence, why he has often promised his people the upcoming destruction of America and his promise to driven the Jews into the sea.

The man isnt hiding his agenda. It's available for the whole world to see. In his speech today before the UN he will probably open or close with him calling for the return of the Mahdi. And he will do whatever it takes to bring about the conditions the Mahdi's return needs. So why dont people take him as his word? Whether you believe we are in the last days or not, Ahmadinejad believes it. And if he gets nuclear weapons and continues his propaganda to placate the west until his designs are carried out, the world is going to suffer because of his actions.

Isn't it about time we stop burying our heads in the sand and do something about this problem?

diuretic
09-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Oh the irony!

09-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Oh the irony!

I agree. It's amazingly ironic that those yelling the loudest about stopping another Hitler are totally ignoring this man or even scarier, cheering him on.

Gunny
09-25-2007, 04:41 PM
Somebody need to put a bullet through his head before he leaves. As a "gift," mind you.:laugh2:

diuretic
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree. It's amazingly ironic that those yelling the loudest about stopping another Hitler are totally ignoring this man or even scarier, cheering him on.

On the off chance you're not being deliberately disingenuous....the irony, of course, is that the End of Days fundie Christians are a mirror of this attitude.

But I suspect you knew what I meant.

truthmatters
09-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Dont count on it.

Dilloduck
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
On the off chance you're not being deliberately disingenuous....the irony, of course, is that the End of Days fundie Christians are a mirror of this attitude.

Pretty close except I don't see a big "fundie" movement to kill muslims happening.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Pretty close except I don't see a big "fundie" movement to kill muslims happening.

No, that's right, just a desire to see us non-believers "left behind".

No analogy is perfect, of course, but the irony struck me.

Gunny
09-25-2007, 07:30 PM

And what percentage of all Christians does this "End of Days" fundie movement comprise? I never heard of them, so they must not make the grade as often as your bud, President Alphabet and his ilk.

Gunny
09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
No, that's right, just a desire to see us non-believers "left behind".

No analogy is perfect, of course, but the irony struck me.

Correction ... there is no "desire" to see you nonbelievers left behind. It is YOUR choice. And I'll point out that most of you nonbelievers act as if someone's killed your favorite dog if a Christian attempts to talk to you about Christ.

You can't have it both ways.

BoogyMan
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM
As I hope most of us know, President Ahmadinejad is a Twelver. One of the Shiites who believes in the return of the Twelve Iman - the Madhi who will come to bring peace and justice by killing all non-Muslims. When Ahmadinejad speaks he often offers a prayer for the madhi's return.

As a Twelver he believes he can hasten the time when the Madhi will return. He believes we are in the last days before his return and in order to speed things up he needs to create chaos and war in the world for him to appear. The United States and Israel are his major obstacles and essentially the "anti-Christ" to Ahmadinejad and his group. Hence, why he has often promised his people the upcoming destruction of America and his promise to driven the Jews into the sea.

The man isnt hiding his agenda. It's available for the whole world to see. In his speech today before the UN he will probably open or close with him calling for the return of the Mahdi. And he will do whatever it takes to bring about the conditions the Mahdi's return needs. So why dont people take him as his word? Whether you believe we are in the last days or not, Ahmadinejad believes it. And if he gets nuclear weapons and continues his propaganda to placate the west until his designs are carried out, the world is going to suffer because of his actions.

Isn't it about time we stop burying our heads in the sand and do something about this problem?

This guy is an apocalyptically minded xenophobe who sees himself as the bringer of the hidden imam. Check out the article below.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/01/14/wiran14.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/01/14/ixworld.html

In a video distributed by an Iranian web site in November, Mr Ahmadinejad described how one of his Iranian colleagues had claimed to have seen a glow of light around the president as he began his speech to the UN.

"I felt it myself too," Mr Ahmadinejad recounts. "I felt that all of a sudden the atmosphere changed there. And for 27-28 minutes all the leaders did not blink…It's not an exaggeration, because I was looking.

"They were astonished, as if a hand held them there and made them sit. It had opened their eyes and ears for the message of the Islamic Republic."

diuretic
09-25-2007, 08:48 PM
And what percentage of all Christians does this "End of Days" fundie movement comprise? I never heard of them, so they must not make the grade as often as your bud, President Alphabet and his ilk.

Percentage? I have no idea. I'm much more interested in the strength of their influence.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Correction ... there is no "desire" to see you nonbelievers left behind. It is YOUR choice. And I'll point out that most of you nonbelievers act as if someone's killed your favorite dog if a Christian attempts to talk to you about Christ.

You can't have it both ways.

Funny, I could have sworn I read some material that expressed joy at us nonbelievers being sorted out in the end times. Not that it worries me, people are entitled to express their views. As for a Christian attempting to talk to me about Christ, no problems from me, I just try to avoid the wild-eyed proselytisers.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 08:54 PM
This guy is an apocalyptically minded xenophobe who sees himself as the bringer of the hidden imam. Check out the article below.

Just another apocalypse myth, just like the Calvinists.

Yurt
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM

You, we are talking about Iran's hitler, not the christians. Not sure why you seemingly always counter with christians. :dunno:

If you compare the two, you will find the outcomes are vastly different and the "end times" vastly different.

The irony IMO is that regardless of the effort of Amadejihad, the end of times will come when God wants, not when he wants.

Yurt
09-25-2007, 09:30 PM

There you go again....

Gaffer
09-25-2007, 09:31 PM

The difference is the calvinists are waiting for it to happen. This guy is working to make it happen.

Dilloduck
09-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Funny, I could have sworn I read some material that expressed joy at us nonbelievers being sorted out in the end times. Not that it worries me, people are entitled to express their views. As for a Christian attempting to talk to me about Christ, no problems from me, I just try to avoid the wild-eyed proselytisers.

I think your paranoia ran away with you a bit on that one.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:04 PM
There you go again....

Just pointing out a fact, the similarity between apocalypse myths.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
The difference is the calvinists are waiting for it to happen. This guy is working to make it happen.

Perhaps he is and if he is of course I'm opposed to it, just as I would be if anyone else was trying to drive foreign policy by reference to religion.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
I think your paranoia ran away with you a bit on that one.

I'm not paranoid, just making an observation.

Apocalypse myths abound, they're not a recent invention. Humans seem to have a need to lay down some sort of markers which point to the end of earthly things. Each generation thinks it's the generation that will experience it, but humans and the earth itself keep on marching along. Even in folk mythology the messiah myth appears. King Arthur is sleeping on Avalon and will return when England is in dire crisis (where was he when the Germans were blitzing the UK in WWII?). And of course the Danes have Holger Danske who is a similar figure.

Dilloduck
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM

Apocalypse myths abound, they're not a recent invention. Humans seem to have a need to lay down some sort of markers which point to the end of earthly things. Each generation thinks it's the generation that will experience it, but humans and the earth itself keep on marching along. Even in folk mythology the messiah myth appears. King Arthur is sleeping on Avalon and will return when England is in dire crisis (where was he when the Germans were blitzing the UK in WWII?). And of course the Danes have Holger Danske who is a similar figure.

true---but I don't think a Christian is looking foreward to leaving anyone behind.

Yurt
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Just pointing out a fact, the similarity between apocalypse myths.

As I informed, it is not a fact.

:)

Yurt
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM

So you agree that Amadejihad's vision is NOT the same as the christians.

Good start.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:43 PM
true---but I don't think a Christian is looking foreward to leaving anyone behind.

I'd like to think so too but human nature being what it is it's understandable that some, feeling somewhat superior, would harbour a secret pleasure in unbelievers being left behind. But then I suppose that would disqualify them from a place in Heaven? Or would it? I'm ignorant of the details.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
As I informed, it is not a fact.

I chose the word "myths" deliberately and made sure it had an "s" on the end.

manu1959
09-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I'd like to think so too but human nature being what it is it's understandable that some, feeling somewhat superior, would harbour a secret pleasure in unbelievers being left behind. But then I suppose that would disqualify them from a place in Heaven? Or would it? I'm ignorant of the details.

well if there is a heaven and jesus is "the man" then 66% of the world will be left behind......if there is no jesus then it won't matter....

either way ...everyone is dead...

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
So you agree that Amadejihad's vision is NOT the same as the christians.

Good start.

It does bear a resemblance to the Arthurian and Danske myths, except it's more blatantly religious. But it also has a sense of the messianic as well. I was wondering, given the form of the myth, what it's origins might be.

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
well if there is a heaven and jesus is "the man" then 66% of the world will be left behind......if there is no jesus then it won't matter....

either way ...everyone is dead...

In the end everyone dies, it's just a question of numbers in this discussion.

manu1959
09-25-2007, 10:50 PM

in the end....everyone dies.....

question is which % of the world is correct in what happens next.....

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:57 PM
in the end....everyone dies.....

question is which % of the world is correct in what happens next.....

Dunno...........but...........so far, so good..........

Dilloduck
09-25-2007, 10:57 PM

one of those pius "left behinders" huh? :laugh2:

diuretic
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
one of those pius "left behinders" huh? :laugh2:

Whoa, nice little publishing empire that one, wish I'd thought of it :laugh2:

09-25-2007, 11:02 PM

I dont know a single Christian out there trying to bring the end of days by formenting war and chaos. Can you site any references?

Dilloduck
09-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Whoa, nice little publishing empire that one, wish I'd thought of it :laugh2:

maybe you were too busy laughing at believers when the thought came to ya:laugh2:

09-25-2007, 11:05 PM

The difference is one group is trying to save as many people as they can and the other is trying to cause it. That is a huge difference.

manu1959
09-25-2007, 11:08 PM
The difference is one group is trying to save as many people as they can and the other is trying to cause it. That is a huge difference.

yes except jimmy jam thinks he is the former and the jews and the capitalists are the latter....

diuretic
09-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I dont know a single Christian out there trying to bring the end of days by formenting war and chaos. Can you site any references?

I could probably dig up a few conspiracy-theorist websites but that would only prove that I can use a search engine. I'm glad you don't know any one trying it one though, that makes me feel better.

diuretic
09-26-2007, 12:40 AM
maybe you were too busy laughing at believers when the thought came to ya:laugh2:

Actually when I saw how they handled it I was just overcome with admiration and more than a twinge...okay, a heck of a lot...of envy. I mean, what a great idea. And it just keeps on going, doesn't it? It's a bit like Harry Turtledove and his alternative WWII series (which is brilliant), you can keep it going for ages. And think of the promos! Mugs, caps and tee shirts with, "Oh, you're still here?" on them - they'd make a mint!

:laugh2:

diuretic
09-26-2007, 12:42 AM

I'd prefer it if they all kept out of it :coffee: