PDA

View Full Version : We should all worry about what YouTube did to Rand Paul

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2021, 08:40 AM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/we-should-all-worry-about-what-youtube-did-to-rand-paul/ar-AANjJna?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Washington Examiner
Washington Examiner
We should all worry about what YouTube did to Rand Paul
Christopher Tremoglie - Yesterday 6:36 AM

© Provided by Washington Examiner

YouTube has banned Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul because of something he said about wearing masks.

As masks have inexplicably become a polarizing issue, YouTube made the unilateral decision to dictate what the public gets to hear. Last week, YouTube censored Paul regarding his stance on not wearing masks. Paul then recorded a video that provided a scientific basis for his opinion. YouTube also decided to ban that video.

“As a libertarian-leaning senator, I think private companies have the right to ban me if they want to," Paul said in response. "But I think it is really anti-free speech, anti-progress of science, which involves skepticism and argumentation to arrive at the truth. We realize this in our court systems that both sides present facts on either side of a question and complete an adversarial process to reach the truth in each case. Journalism isn’t far from that, and in some ways, the adversarial part of the courtroom is ideally what you would find in journalism, where both sides would present facts, there is a period of argumentation, and people figure out the truth for themselves. YouTube and Google, though, have become an entity so huge that they think they are the arbiter of truth.”

YouTube is a private company. The First Amendment does not require it to honor First Amendment rights. However, when a gargantuan conglomerate can essentially eliminate the opinions of senators, justifying its actions under the guise of dispelling misinformation, it borders on totalitarianism.

“I’m not sure when YouTube became an arm of the government, and I’m not really sure it’s good for journalism to also be an arm of the government without any repercussions or push back,” Paul said on a conference call last week.

Moreover, this type of thing only seems to happen to Republicans and conservatives. For example, when Rep. Cori Bush, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, and then-Sen. Kamala Harris repeated the inflammatory lie Michael Brown was murdered by police, there was no censorship and no reprisals by the tech giants.

Paul was making the case some studies have shown masks are ineffective against the spread of COVID-19. Stating these studies do exist is an unequivocal fact. Now, some studies say masks are indeed effective in stopping the spread. However, that would not change the reality that multiple researchers and scientists published studies in peer-reviewed journals asserting masks are ineffective. If we are supposed to “trust the science,” doesn’t the public have a right to know this?

The dangerous slope created by liberals' and Democrats' assertions of “trust the science” has come to fruition in a totalitarian tech state. Liberals, despite frequently rejecting scientific truth, have weaponized science to achieve results that only align with their own political agenda. If the science goes against their beliefs, it is discarded. And those caught promoting disfavored scientific facts, as Paul did, get banned.

However, a larger fear is if YouTube can do this to a senator, what can it get away with against regular citizens?

And we see that the Biden controlled Department of Justice ignores this blatant attack on free speech.
Even the usual blinded, education programmed assholes should finally wake up-- but my guess is that-- no they will not..

They do this to a sitting United States Senator-- just think what these Nazi-types can do to you or me...
And try to tell me you still think the totally corrupt Biden and crew were fairly elected.
This is the undeclared overthrow that they -dems, big tech and their other allies are now engaging in,, imho.--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2021, 08:43 AM
That this was done under the Biden administration should tell you what is now going on.
That this administration is engaged in an overthrow, imho .... -Tyr

Gunny
08-14-2021, 11:06 AM
Social media and the MSM collectively tell most people in this country what to think. It's not that hard to do when you're the constant voice in their ears. Any voices to the contrary get the Lester Holt treatment.