PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Forced to Cancel Mask Mandate After Attorney General Says It’s Illegal

jimnyc
08-14-2021, 03:06 PM
It's the University of SC and not the state. I couldn't fit everything into the title.

I think it's about time folks started getting lawsuits going, as many may need to go up the chain.

This is a great example too. Forcing options like this on young adults in order to go to Uni is dumb, IMO. Let those wear them who need them. But they can't force people to wear them forever, and ever, and then make it so folks start losing out on things in life if they don't.

---

University of South Carolina Forced to Cancel Mask Mandate After Attorney General Says It’s Illegal

The University of South Carolina has cancelled their mask mandate for this fall after the attorney general wrote them a letter saying it was discriminatory and against the law.

The issue may now be heading to the Supreme Court.

Attorney General Alan Wilson tweeted a copy of the letter, writing “Today, my office issued guidance on COVID policies from the University of South Carolina, at the request of members of the legislature. Our guidance made clear the COVID Vaccine cannot be used as a condition of enrollment.”

https://i.imgur.com/aquZuEP.png

“We asked that UofSC offer clarification their policy follows state law. Finally, relating to the recently announced masking requirements, we asked that UofSC revise their policy comply with legislative intent,” Wilson continued.

The letter stated that the Legislature has sided with “a student’s liberty interests.”

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/university-south-carolina-forced-cancel-mask-mandate-attorney-general-says-illegal/

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 03:26 PM
I've said this before, get vaccine or don't; mask or don't. Everyone stop pontificating, no one is going to change their minds for any reason other than their own.

The masks that most are wearing, the ones that gain entry to services, are of minimal, if that, effectiveness. The super vulnerable should do what they need to do. The rest of us should be able to get on with things.

jimnyc
08-14-2021, 03:31 PM
I've said this before, get vaccine or don't; mask or don't. Everyone stop pontificating, no one is going to change their minds for any reason other than their own.

The masks that most are wearing, the ones that gain entry to services, are of minimal, if that, effectiveness. The super vulnerable should do what they need to do. The rest of us should be able to get on with things.

What's weird is that you and I talked about masks, and what would work & micron levels and the micron size of the viruses and all that jazz like 14 months ago. Nothing has changed other than many lies we were fed.

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 03:37 PM
What's weird is that you and I talked about masks, and what would work & micron levels and the micron size of the viruses and all that jazz like 14 months ago. Nothing has changed other than many lies we were fed.

Yeppers. Much time has passed. We know much more and still very little. What I do know though is that many have antibodies from Covid exposure, symptomatic or asymptomatic. Many have the vaccinations. There will be future variants and I hope the vaccines, with boosters if necessary mitigate breakthrough cases. One way or another it's past time to get on with it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2021, 03:47 PM

You are absolutely correct. :beer:
The problem is- the government, dem aligned slavish media, certain allies and the dem party will not let us , just get on with things....
I wish they would- as all this division they are stirring up is bad for all truly concerned about the welfare of this nation, our place in this dark and dangerous world and our own beloved families.
Yet if we sit in silence they just proceed onward to gain the reformed state of existence that they want.
And that simply can not be allowed.
For it destroys too many innocent people.--:salute:--Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-14-2021, 05:52 PM
Save me some eye strain, does anyone know if the Polio vaccine was mandatory back in the day?
Arent the MMR vaccines required to enter school?

Kathianne
08-14-2021, 08:48 PM
Save me some eye strain, does anyone know if the Polio vaccine was mandatory back in the day?
Arent the MMR vaccines required to enter school?
I don't know if mandatory, though schools required immediately. Not surprising since it was kids that were felled. For normal people, things were not as political back then.

I do know that polio shots were distributed as soon as available and the lines were long at what would be my Jr. high many years later. I think I was 3, I sort of remember.

Gunny
08-14-2021, 09:04 PM
Arent the MMR vaccines required to enter school?It was not mandatory. Different world back then. People couldn't get their polio vaccination fast enough and if you didn't get one and you got polio, tough stuff.

Again, people weren't then like they are now.