PDA

View Full Version : We have forgotten

jimnyc
08-14-2021, 04:04 PM
(please forgive me for any errors down below. This was originally a "16 years ago today" title throughout, of which I changed to 20 years ago if you should see any date errors)

(( Edited to clarify after just one reply. This came in a chain email to me from my Dad. No link given so that's why no link here ))

20 years ago, 2,606 people were killed when 2 planes slammed into the World Trade Center in New York City. Another 125 died when a 3rd plane hit the Pentagon. 40 more were killed when a hijacked flight United 93 crashed into a Pennsylvania field.

We all sat there glued to our TV boxes, watching the whole nightmare, most of us completely helpless to do a thing.

Do you remember our reactions 20 years ago? In the months after 9/11, there was barely a car on the road that didn't have an American Flag bumper sticker. Today, we can't even fly Old Glory at a baseball game without someone getting offended.

20 years ago we watched proudly as a group of New York City firefighters raised an American Flag over the rubble at ground zero. Today, left wing rioters burn American flags in the streets.

20 years ago, millions of Americans were introduced to Islamic Extremism for the first time. Today, you can't even say the words Islamic extremism without being accused of bigotry and hate.

20 years ago, our nation was attacked by 19 Al-Qaeda terrorists, all of whom were foreign and at least three of which were here illegally. Now at the time, we were outraged. But today, if you dare to say that immigrants should be thoroughly vetted, that foreign visitors must obey our visa laws, and that illegal aliens should be removed, you're a hateful xenophobic nazi.

20 years ago we as a nation promised we would never forget 9/11. But we did. We forgot.

Every time some bleeding heart liberal apologizes for Islamic violence, every time a sanctuary city leaves us open to foreign threats by deliberately ignoring our immigration laws, every time some attention-whoring athlete or overpaid celebrity gets famous off insulting a nation that has given them so much, we forget.

20 years ago, 2,977 innocent people died in a terrorist attack on US soil, and we forgot.

And it is high time we started remembering.

May God Bless those who lost loved ones on 9/11, whose hearts still ache every year this day. And may God, in His mercy, bless the United States of America.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2021, 04:21 PM
(please forgive me for any errors down below. This was originally a "16 years ago today" title throughout, of which I changed to 20 years ago if you should see any date errors)

20 years ago, 2,606 people were killed when 2 planes slammed into the World Trade Center in New York City. Another 125 died when a 3rd plane hit the Pentagon. 40 more were killed when a hijacked flight United 93 crashed into a Pennsylvania field.

We all sat there glued to our TV boxes, watching the whole nightmare, most of us completely helpless to do a thing.

Do you remember our reactions 20 years ago? In the months after 9/11, there was barely a car on the road that didn't have an American Flag bumper sticker. Today, we can't even fly Old Glory at a baseball game without someone getting offended.

20 years ago we watched proudly as a group of New York City firefighters raised an American Flag over the rubble at ground zero. Today, left wing rioters burn American flags in the streets.

20 years ago, millions of Americans were introduced to Islamic Extremism for the first time. Today, you can't even say the words Islamic extremism without being accused of bigotry and hate.

20 years ago, our nation was attacked by 19 Al-Qaeda terrorists, all of whom were foreign and at least three of which were here illegally. Now at the time, we were outraged. But today, if you dare to say that immigrants should be thoroughly vetted, that foreign visitors must obey our visa laws, and that illegal aliens should be removed, you're a hateful xenophobic nazi.

20 years ago we as a nation promised we would never forget 9/11. But we did. We forgot.

Every time some bleeding heart liberal apologizes for Islamic violence, every time a sanctuary city leaves us open to foreign threats by deliberately ignoring our immigration laws, every time some attention-whoring athlete or overpaid celebrity gets famous off insulting a nation that has given them so much, we forget.

20 years ago, 2,977 innocent people died in a terrorist attack on US soil, and we forgot.

May God Bless those who lost loved ones on 9/11, whose hearts still ache every year this day. And may God, in His mercy, bless the United States of America.

Least we forget-- there is one political party that is the main culprit in helping our forgetfulness. That political party and its staunch allies work tirelessly to destroy our patriotism, our unification, our love for this our great nation.
That is the --Dem party.
Anybody that says it is not doing so -- is a damn liar..
I'd spit in their face any time they would dare to meet me, regardless of who they are ...
Some of us old timers were raised right-- we don't play....
A man stands for something or else he falls for anything..
Seems like far to many either stand for nothing or else stand for the wrong things--stands for darkness and evil-- stand for destruction of freedom..
I spit on all of those worthless sumbiaacthes too..
Never want anybody to have any doubts about where I stand. -Tyr

Gunny
08-14-2021, 09:26 PM

(( Edited to clarify after just one reply. This came in a chain email to me from my Dad. No link given so that's why no link here ))

May God Bless those who lost loved ones on 9/11, whose hearts still ache every year this day. And may God, in His mercy, bless the United States of America.It's something that happened before they were born. Think about something that happened 20 years before you were born and what you think about it.

The Battle of Britain was fought 20 years and a couple months before I was born. As far as it impacting my daily life, it means nothing to me. I'm pretty sure the Brits who survived the Battle of Britain would have quite a different viewpoint.

I was on a break around 10AM on 9/11, sitting in my truck listening to the radio. When I got home, I had to see it a few times to get it to register. It didn't look real. That was when CNN was still a reliable source of actual news.

Regardless what anyone wants to say about him, I was completely behind GWB on punishing the Taliban for hiding bin Laden.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-14-2021, 09:39 PM
It's something that happened before they were born. Think about something that happened 20 years before you were born and what you think about it.

The Battle of Britain was fought 20 years and a couple months before I was born. As far as it impacting my daily life, it means nothing to me. I'm pretty sure the Brits who survived the Battle of Britain would have quite a different viewpoint.

I was on a break around 10AM on 9/11, sitting in my truck listening to the radio. When I got home, I had to see it a few times to get it to register. It didn't look real. That was when CNN was still a reliable source of actual news.

Regardless what anyone wants to say about him, I was completely behind GWB on punishing the Taliban for hiding bin Laden.

Those cowardly, murdering bastards made an eternal enemy of me that day. I have Southern blood and Native American blood in my veins-- we know how to carry on a hatred - a warpath like nobody has ever seen....
It was a religion of demonic scum that did that, and I will never forget...
I never have and I damn sure never will...--Tyr