PDA

View Full Version : Unvaccinated and flying the unfriendly skies

jimnyc
08-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Flying was one of the couple of reasons I got my shots. And nope, not willing to drive! Plus I always like to see my Dad and step Mom almost twice per year and my Dad is 85 just around now. When I got my shot, at the time they were pushing for proof of vaccination at least and/or proof of a clean test within the past 14 days. Things have since lightened up but as you can see who knows where it may go.

And if flying, looks like you're better off up in the skies than in most other places, looking at the study at bottom of my post.

But I think mandating the vaccine in order to fly is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

They appear to be planning all kinds of mandates and restrictions in order to push out vaccines to those not wanting it. No doubt Fauci behind this idea.

---

Unvaccinated? Proposed Legislation Would Make the Skies a Lot Less Friendly for You

Because legislators think they are smarter than Americans and their physicians, there is a new bill in the House. Representative Ritchie Torres (D-N.Y) wants to ground the unvaccinated permanently. He introduced H.R. 4980, and the title reads, “To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to ensure that any individual traveling on a flight that departs from or arrives to an airport inside the United States or a territory of the United States is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and for other purposes.”

Even more interesting, Americans cannot access the text of the bill on congress.gov. When you attempt to read it, there is a message:

As of 08/14/2021 text has not been received for H.R.4980 – To direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to ensure that any individual traveling on a flight that departs from or arrives to an airport inside the United States or a territory of the United States is fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and for other purposes.

Bills are generally sent to the Library of Congress from GPO, the Government Publishing Office, a day or two after they are introduced on the floor of the House or Senate. Delays can occur when there are a large number of bills to prepare or when a very large bill has to be printed.

Perhaps we can blame the nearly 3,000-page “infrastructure” bill for the delay. In any case, there is no indication what the “for other purposes” portion of the bill contains. What is clear is that Torres does not want you to get on a plane if you are unvaccinated. This demand is a pure power play. To date, even at full capacity, COVID-19 outbreaks due to air travel are rarely reported.

Airplane cabins are pressurized, and they have sophisticated air filtration systems. In October of 2020, when everyone was unvaccinated, the Department of Defense and American Airlines studied how effective these systems were against SARS-CoV-2. Forbes reported:

The study results showed that the aggressive air filtration and circulation systems on planes lead to the near-immediate dispersal of particles carrying the infection.
Per these results, it would take a minimum of 54 hours sitting next to someone with Covid-19 to be exposed to an infectious dose.
Simulating a packed plane, researchers placed mannequins—both with and without masks—around the cabin and released 280 million particles into the air, the amount that would be produced by around 1,000 coughs, to mimic the infection.
“99.99% of those particles left the interior of the aircraft within six minutes,” said United Airlines Chief Communication Officer Josh Earnest.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/stacey-lennox/2021/08/14/unvaccinated-proposed-legislation-would-make-the-skies-a-lot-less-friendly-for-you-n1469481

tailfins
08-15-2021, 02:36 PM
Adding this COVID idiocy to the TSA security theatre is just a bridge too far. I may fly when I have to, but only when I have to. My next vacation will be a bus trip from Texas to the Panama Canal Zone. If I have to use smaller bus companies and bribe the driver, so be it. Greyhound wouldn't even sell me a ticket past Nuevo Laredo. Greyhound can go kick rocks.

Gunny
08-15-2021, 02:52 PM
Can't fight other's fears for them. Just getting them to realize/admit even to themselves it's fear driving their train is hard enough.

Add a Government campaign of propaganda and misinformation gleefully disseminated by the MSM, and good luck trying to win

revelarts
08-15-2021, 07:36 PM
this kind of stuff is what starts underground economies.

Gunny
08-15-2021, 07:50 PM
this kind of stuff is what starts underground economies.In most cases I can see your point. Not sure how well an "underground" airlines is going to fly (Yes! Pun intended :laugh:).

revelarts
08-15-2021, 07:56 PM
Private planes flying all "vaccinated" passengers of course.

SassyLady
08-16-2021, 03:35 AM
Easier to produce fake vaccinations. Find a medical professional willing to give placebo shots for a fee. No need for private airplanes.

fj1200
08-16-2021, 08:38 AM
Leave it to a D to pass unnecessary laws mandating behavior.

Gunny
08-16-2021, 10:25 AM
Leave it to a D to pass unnecessary laws mandating behavior.Sarcasm duly noted.