PDA

View Full Version : Can an American husband just disappear?

tailfins
08-15-2021, 02:25 PM
A very common conversation that fathers have when one of their daughters get married is to remind her that a husband can go to the store one day and just disappear. It boils down to a warning not to make her husband want to disappear. This is the case in several countries, but it was striking how prevalent this is in Cuba. The government doesn't care because all children are considered wards of the state. Child support works out to less than USD 5 per month and they don't try very hard to even collect that. After children reach adulthood, almost no Latin American country tries to impose alimony. In Bolivia, for example, a divorce only needs a notary and signatures of both parties. The upshot is that wives in Latin American countries are conditioned to "earn their keep".

SassyLady
08-16-2021, 03:46 AM
My first thought is "sure they can".

Then I read your comment about some husband's running out on their responsibilities and somehow it's the woman's fault. I laughed because I thought you were going to tell us how wives make their husbands disappear by digging hole in back yard.

Abbey Marie
08-16-2021, 08:19 AM
My first thought is "sure they can".

Then I read your comment about some husband's running out on their responsibilities and somehow it's the woman's fault. I laughed because I thought you were going to tell us how wives make their husbands disappear by digging hole in back yard.

:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2021, 09:50 AM
:laugh:

That is why some husbands keep the shovel under lock and key.
Tailfins likely has his shovel under lock and key and triple guard dogs, methinks...-Tyr

tailfins
08-16-2021, 01:44 PM
That is why some husbands keep the shovel under lock and key.
Tailfins likely has his shovel under lock and key and triple guard dogs, methinks...-Tyr

You've got the right idea, but it would be "accidently on purpose" spilling a boiling pot of spaghetti on a violent husband's face while he sleeps. Even Latinas have their limits.

Abbey Marie
08-16-2021, 01:50 PM
You've got the right idea, but it would be "accidently on purpose" spilling a boiling pot of spaghetti on a violent husband's face while he sleeps. Even Latinas have their limits.

Lorena Bobbit was Ecuadorean, but she had a slightly different approach.

tailfins
08-16-2021, 02:06 PM
Lorena Bobbit was Ecuadorean, but she had a slightly different approach.

I always wondered how she pulled that off. :p A truly violent husband would have woken up in time and bashed her head in. With the other approach, a sneaky wife would ask, "Would like garlic or mushrooms in your spaghetti sauce?" if her husband woke up in time.

SassyLady
08-16-2021, 11:13 PM
There's always the Farah Fsucet burning bed scenario.