View Full Version : Fmr. Google Employee Reveals Company Changed News Algorithm To Target President Trump

Gunny
08-15-2021, 07:30 PM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 3:40 PM PT – Sunday, August 15, 2021A Big Tech whistleblower has spoken out on Google’s latest attempts to censor conservative speech. Zach Vorhies exposed Google and how it changed their news algorithms in order to target President Trump.
In his new book, “Google Leaks: A Whistleblower’s Expose,” the former Google and YouTube employee details how the Big Tech conglomerate celebrated their attempts to redirect the truth during the 2016 election and how they did it.
“One of the things that most people noticed was one of the questions that was asked by the audience. Which asked Sundar Pichai what Google had done best during the 2016 election. To which Sundar replied, that it was the use of machine learning in order to censor the fake news,” said Vorhies.

He also explained how the process worked during an interview with the Epoch Times. Vorhies went on to clarify how these classifiers were trained by people with biases based on what they believed to be fake or misleading news. The classifiers allow Google to automatically filter out content they believe goes against the truth and their political narrative.
Vorhies added Google’s algorithm attached new negative stories about Trump onto old ones in order to keep them trending at the top of their search results longer. He concluded by exposing Google’s attempt to rewrite its’ operating code to prevent many in the U.S. from participating in the national discussion.
https://www.oann.com/fmr-google-employee-reveals-company-changed-news-algorithm-to-target-president-trump/

Take it with a grain of salt. While I am quite sure he is telling the truth, he is also selling a book.

Russ
08-15-2021, 07:36 PM
But don't forget that Google owns Youtube, and we already know the Youtube censors conservative videos. I'm already convinced that Google is much worse than this article accuses them to be.

In fact, I would also accuse Google of [...content censored...]

Gunny
08-15-2021, 07:41 PM
But don't forget that Google owns Youtube, and we already know the Youtube censors conservative videos. I'm already convinced that Google is much worse than this article accuses them to be.

In fact, I would also accuse Google of [...content censored...]I think both are worse than even you and I think they are.

jimnyc
08-16-2021, 01:02 PM
https://www.oann.com/fmr-google-employee-reveals-company-changed-news-algorithm-to-target-president-trump/

Take it with a grain of salt. While I am quite sure he is telling the truth, he is also selling a book.

I always get nervous with news coming out from someone who is selling a book.

But Youtube and their own actions have made every last thing quite easy to believe. They have went live with their own words with so much crap over time. Many many have admitted to all kinds of similar messing with how they run their search returns.

But keep this in mind for 2022 and 2024 and beyond - this massive search engine and dictionary of all past news will take their machine and try to alter the election races. Just as so many want to rewrite history by deleting statues and getting rid of books in schools and libraries.

Gunny
08-16-2021, 02:41 PM
I always get nervous with news coming out from someone who is selling a book.

But Youtube and their own actions have made every last thing quite easy to believe. They have went live with their own words with so much crap over time. Many many have admitted to all kinds of similar messing with how they run their search returns.

But keep this in mind for 2022 and 2024 and beyond - this massive search engine and dictionary of all past news will take their machine and try to alter the election races. Just as so many want to rewrite history by deleting statues and getting rid of books in schools and libraries.I've kept in mind since it became obvious in 2007. Not so much the internet then, but the MSM controlled the narrative for the right in 2008 and 2012. Look who we got as candidates. McCain and Romney. I definitely recall Huckabee having a commanding lead in 08 one day. The next you couldn't find news without McCain's name in it. Both McCain and Romney were guaranteed to split conservative voters.

They tried the same with Trump. The media picked the most controversial, and not even a true conservative/Republican, assuming business as usual and he backfired on them. He got elected as much because Dems don't even like Hillary as any other reason. Trump swerved the media in 2016 using social media as his means to get his message out. Social media fixed that in 20.

An alternative would be nice.