PDA

View Full Version : Taliban Spokesman Says “War Is Over In Afghanistan” – Al Jazeera

Gunny
08-15-2021, 07:48 PM
August 15, 2021
CAIRO (Reuters) -The spokesman for the Taliban’s political office on Sunday declared the war was over in Afghanistan and called for peaceful relations with the international community.
Spokesman Mohammad Naeem said in interviews with Al Jazeera TV the Taliban did not want to live in isolation and the type of rule and the form of regime would be clear soon.
The group respected women’s and minorities’ rights and freedom of expression within Sharia law, Naeem added.
Naeem said the Taliban wanted to have peaceful relations and was keen to develop several channels of communication it had already opened with foreign countries.
“We ask all countries and entities to sit with us to settle any issues”, he said in an interview with Al Jazeera TV.
Taliban insurgents entered Kabul on Sunday and President Ashraf Ghani left Afghanistan saying he wanted to avoid bloodshed, bringing the Islamist militants close to taking over the country two decades after they were overthrown by a U.S.-led invasion.
Naeem said that no diplomatic body or headquarters was targeted in the Taliban’s approach and the group would provide safety for citizens and diplomatic missions.
Ghani’s escape was unexpected and “even those close to him did not expect it,” Naeem said.
“We are ready to have a dialogue with all Afghan figures and will guarantee them the necessary protection,” he told Al Jazeera Mubasher TV.
The Taliban was seeing the fruits of its efforts and sacrifices for 20 years, he said, and would adopt a policy of non-interference in others’ affairs in return for non-interference in Afghanistan.
“We have reached what we were seeking, which is the freedom of our country and the independence of our people,” he said. “We will not allow anyone to use our lands to target anyone, and we do not want to harm others.”
“We do not think that foreign forces will repeat their failed experience in Afghanistan once again.”
(Reporting by Nayera Abdallah, Additional reporting by Omar Fahmy; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama, Diane Craft and Jane Wardell)
https://www.oann.com/taliban-spokesman-says-the-war-is-over-in-afghanistan-al-jazeera/

We shall see. Not that it matters.

fj1200
08-16-2021, 08:43 AM
War IS over. Martial law and terrorizing of citizens though is not.

Gunny
08-16-2021, 10:31 AM
War IS over. Martial law and terrorizing of citizens though is not.Of course not. I pointed out before there was even such a thing as the internet about the PLO/Hamas: The young have known nothing but war. The old might recall a fundamentalist Islamic nation under sharia law before 20 years of war.

They're going to get "day jobs" now? They are professional terrorists. That's what they do. They're playing verbally to the World stage right now. We'll see what happens when the honeymoon's over.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-16-2021, 10:42 AM
These are--Islamic terrorists.

""Islamic"" so sad that so many have no idea of what that means.
They ignore the truth, they ignore Islam's goal! A goal that demands it be achieved ---by any means!

By any amount of murder , death , rape, pillaging-etc..... History so clearly shows that!!
Nothing is forbidden in achieving that goal of --=== forcing every human on earth to worship Allah.
And we get to see ffing idiots defend Islam while ignoring that tragic reality, that ongoing campaign that permits any amount of death and destruction be reaped upon any group in order to reach that goal!
The libs and dems are fully allied with Islam. That is a fact--not fantasy.
Together they work to destroy what each sees as opposing them.
And each wants to destroy this nation and Each plans on after doing so- stab the other ally in the back and take total control.
That is the truth, the reality of the abject treason that is the dem party.
Obvious to we that are not blinded, are not gullible, are not ignorant and are not afraid to speak the truth about it.--Tyr

Gunny
08-16-2021, 12:09 PM
These are--Islamic terrorists.

""Islamic"" so sad that so many have no idea of what that means.
They ignore the truth, they ignore Islam's goal! A goal that demands it be achieved ---by any means!

By any amount of murder , death , rape, pillaging-etc..... History so clearly shows that!!
Nothing is forbidden in achieving that goal of --=== forcing every human on earth to worship Allah.
And we get to see ffing idiots defend Islam while ignoring that tragic reality, that ongoing campaign that permits any amount of death and destruction be reaped upon any group in order to reach that goal!
The libs and dems are fully allied with Islam. That is a fact--not fantasy.
Together they work to destroy what each sees as opposing them.
And each wants to destroy this nation and Each plans on after doing so- stab the other ally in the back and take total control.
That is the truth, the reality of the abject treason that is the dem party.
Obvious to we that are not blinded, are not gullible, are not ignorant and are not afraid to speak the truth about it.--TyrOught to be an interesting race. Will China turn the World communist totalitarian before radical Islam turns it Islamic totalitarian?

The rest of the world is definitely "watching". Little to nothing else.

jimnyc
08-16-2021, 12:57 PM
Al Qaeda and Taliban.... and more so Osama bin Laden masterminding 9/11 along with smaller masterminds underneath him. They were a little more organized than some would have thought, but still not your everyday military.

Add them all in though and Iraq and Taliban's involvement and whatever other goals were set inside of Afghanistan. So much of all of it stemmed from within this country.

And most importantly to me, from an outsiders POV - is how many men and women died fighting in Afghanistan? And then upon their deaths, we just walk out and let Taliban walk right back into charge. As if we have forgotten much. :rolleyes:

fj1200
08-16-2021, 01:04 PM
And most importantly to me, from an outsiders POV - is how many men and women died fighting in Afghanistan? And then upon their deaths, we just walk out and let Taliban walk right back into charge. As if we have forgotten much. :rolleyes:

I believe I heard about two thousand.

But I'll rehash two predictions I've heard recently. 1) China walks in and strips the mountains of rare earth metals., and 2) poppies will bloom (before being turned into heroin).

Gunny
08-16-2021, 02:46 PM
I believe I heard about two thousand.

But I'll rehash two predictions I've heard recently. 1) China walks in and strips the mountains of rare earth metals., and 2) poppies will bloom (before being turned into heroin).I think China is leery of Afghanistan. Let's be real, who wouldn't be? I was never for trying to fix the place.

China has stated it has no intention in intervening in another country's internal affairs. The Taliban has stated the same. We'll see who flinches first.

fj1200
08-16-2021, 07:00 PM
I think China is leery of Afghanistan. Let's be real, who wouldn't be? I was never for trying to fix the place.

China has stated it has no intention in intervening in another country's internal affairs. The Taliban has stated the same. We'll see who flinches first.

I'm doubtful anyone would have to meddle in anything for China to make a mining deal.

Juicer66
08-17-2021, 04:11 AM
These are--Islamic terrorists.----------

Do not lose sight of the fact that within the Taliban there are younger men who have been educated in the West and mixed freely within 'our' society .

Some are smart operators and sophisticated.

You can argue about most likely consequences and which side has and will affect the other more .

But it does seem likely that the future is not as obviously predictable as it might have seemed a generation ago . And bear in mind that some will have been nurtured in

Bejing and even possibly in Moscow .

We need to be flexible with pre - suppositions .

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-17-2021, 04:23 AM
I think China is leery of Afghanistan. Let's be real, who wouldn't be? I was never for trying to fix the place.

China is on record of waging a war against its own muslim infection in its own home territory ( the uyghurs ).

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-22278037

Who are the Uyghurs and why is China being accused of genocide?
Published21 June

Gunny
08-17-2021, 12:14 PM
China is on record of waging a war against its own muslim infection in its own home territory ( the uyghurs ).Which borders Afghanistan. Human Rights (whatever those are) abuses aside, I can see China's concern. I wouldn't want to share a border with militant Islamic jihadists.

Best I could hope for is China get in a war with Afghanistan and they kill each other off. Do the World a favor.

Gunny
08-17-2021, 12:18 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kabul-flights-resume-pentagon-warns-attacks

Already reports of beatings and searching for those who worked for and or helped US forces.

At least it appears the military has established some order in evacuating refugees despite having a mindless tool as CinC.