PDA

View Full Version : Mask Mandates - ‘I’ve Never Been More Ashamed Than I Am Right Now’

jimnyc
08-18-2021, 11:39 AM
These protests are picking up more and more, as I've already pointed out before. I think this is a good thing!

We thought we were going to have a civil war because of the George Floyd issues, then with BLM & Antifa and more. And then it may be mandates of wearing masks that may be the trigger. :dunno:

---

‘I’ve Never Been More Ashamed Than I Am Right Now’: City Council Meeting Over Mask Mandates In Schools Gets Rowdy

Tempers flared during a Charleston, South Carolina, city council meeting Tuesday that resulted in a failure to pass an ordinance that would have mandated masks inside the city’s schools.

The discussed measure would have required adults and children over the age of 2 to wear masks “in all public facilities, including public schools, private schools and daycares,” The Charleston Post and Courier reported.

A group of protesters was seen holding signs reading “unmask our children” and “my body, my choice” outside the meeting before it began, according to The Charleston Post and Courier. Inside, dozens of speakers addressed the council during the discussion, with some of them shouting at the officials.

“Can we give y’all some advice, since you wanna dictate and mandate things for us?,” a woman wearing a tank with the American flag on it said. “There’s four vaccines, go get all of them and go take all thirty-three boosters. And then … put thirty-three masks on your face. And if that does not work, stay home for six hundred and sixty-six days!”

Another concerned parent pleaded with the council to consider the effects of the proposed mask mandate on children’s academic performance.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/18/charleston-city-council-mask-mandate-meeting/

Juicer66
08-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Covid Hoax , Election Fraud and Durham's Report, due any time soon , are the three most obvious areas which could combine to produce a huge Tilt Moment which so many predict and also feel .

My closest Internet acquaintance to a private Hero believed that the Afghanistan moment would be the first major element in this awakening process and accurately predicted it .

He believes this long weekend and until the end of the month will next produce further startling triggers but has given no specific clues .

Cannot wait for the revelations --- could reel them off in sequence now but would only be guessing ---- so my fingers are crossed that it is no huge anti climax .

Gunny
08-18-2021, 01:28 PM
These protests are picking up more and more, as I've already pointed out before. I think this is a good thing!

We thought we were going to have a civil war because of the George Floyd issues, then with BLM & Antifa and more. And then it may be mandates of wearing masks that may be the trigger. :dunno:

---

‘I’ve Never Been More Ashamed Than I Am Right Now’: City Council Meeting Over Mask Mandates In Schools Gets Rowdy

Tempers flared during a Charleston, South Carolina, city council meeting Tuesday that resulted in a failure to pass an ordinance that would have mandated masks inside the city’s schools.

The discussed measure would have required adults and children over the age of 2 to wear masks “in all public facilities, including public schools, private schools and daycares,” The Charleston Post and Courier reported.

A group of protesters was seen holding signs reading “unmask our children” and “my body, my choice” outside the meeting before it began, according to The Charleston Post and Courier. Inside, dozens of speakers addressed the council during the discussion, with some of them shouting at the officials.

“Can we give y’all some advice, since you wanna dictate and mandate things for us?,” a woman wearing a tank with the American flag on it said. “There’s four vaccines, go get all of them and go take all thirty-three boosters. And then … put thirty-three masks on your face. And if that does not work, stay home for six hundred and sixty-six days!”

Another concerned parent pleaded with the council to consider the effects of the proposed mask mandate on children’s academic performance.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2021/08/18/charleston-city-council-mask-mandate-meeting/Southerners have such a way with words. It would sound a lot better (or worse) if readers could put a good Southern accent to the words. I'm LMAO:laugh:

Abbey Marie
08-18-2021, 01:37 PM
Our local school board tried to have a meeting to discuss their mandatory masks, no Zoom, upcoming semester yesterday. They ended up cancelling after 40 minutes of contention outside by anti-mask and virus-afraid parents.

Gunny
08-18-2021, 01:45 PM
Our local school board tried to have a meeting to discuss their mandatory masks, no Zoom, upcoming semester yesterday. They ended up cancelling after 40 minutes of contention outside by anti-mask and virus-afraid parents.It's horrible here. I just quit talking to people. FEAR on both sides is driving the train.

Lost is any logic, fact, science, common sense. The government/left/MSM/social media misinformation campaign is just tossing jet fuel on the fire.

Abbey Marie
08-18-2021, 01:48 PM
It's horrible here. I just quit talking to people. FEAR on both sides is driving the train.

Lost is any logic, fact, science, common sense. The government/left/MSM/social media misinformation campaign is just tossing jet fuel on the fire.

Yes on all counts

Juicer66
08-18-2021, 04:23 PM
It's horrible here. I just quit talking to people. FEAR on both sides is driving the train.

Sounds like bleating and whining .

Why not get out there and be decisive ?

That's what John Wayne type Marines would do . rofl .

LongTermGuy
08-18-2021, 05:43 PM
Sounds like bleating and whining .

Why not get out there and be decisive ?

That's what John Wayne type Marines would do . rofl .

**Juicy...Maybe time to back off a little?

Everybody has their own Opinions put in their own way...

Juicer66
08-18-2021, 06:06 PM
I appreciate your very reasonable and diplomatic stance .

But this guy wants you to believe he was a Marine and is Merciless and Cruel .

A phoney jerk , I suggest .

Have you ever met a really strong guy who has to non stop boast and tell you what a tough guy he is ?

I used to bounce guys like him out of the office in seconds .

jimnyc
08-18-2021, 07:16 PM

Have you ever met a really strong guy who has to non stop boast and tell you what a tough guy he is ?

Please stop any back and forth, or going after someone who didn't call you out.. If you must - take it to the steel cage forum.

Call into question if you will how tough or merciless and cruel you think someone is or isn't, in the steel cage of course.

But I'm not going to have any talk of a phony Marine or wanting folks to believe him or not. --- He is a Marine, a Gunny, in the United States military. If you still choose to believe he is not, that's on you and your choice. We just aren't going to have it on the board and I won't put up with someone denigrating another's service. I won't tolerate that.

Fwiw, I would protect you and what I know of you just as well, and more so if its military.

A lot is about respect and honor, of which I'll offer to everyone, and much more so to those that put their lives on the line in order to fight for our country and our constitution.

Hopefully that one can be set aside, at least any thought or talk of denigration. Thank you!! :cheers2::beer:

LongTermGuy
08-18-2021, 08:29 PM

What im saying is enough of the tough talk...CHILL....Let it go...we have all done it...I like some of your post and like to see you around...Just a friendly warning...I get tired of the back and fourth stuff like many others Im sure...Many of us had our disagreements here..but in time learned to move on...This is the last time I will mention this ..the rest is up to you.

Gunny
08-18-2021, 08:34 PM
Please stop any back and forth, or going after someone who didn't call you out.. If you must - take it to the steel cage forum.

Call into question if you will how tough or merciless and cruel you think someone is or isn't, in the steel cage of course.

But I'm not going to have any talk of a phony Marine or wanting folks to believe him or not. --- He is a Marine, a Gunny, in the United States military. If you still choose to believe he is not, that's on you and your choice. We just aren't going to have it on the board and I won't put up with someone denigrating another's service. I won't tolerate that.

Fwiw, I would protect you and what I know of you just as well, and more so if its military.

A lot is about respect and honor, of which I'll offer to everyone, and much more so to those that put their lives on the line in order to fight for our country and our constitution.

Hopefully that one can be set aside, at least any thought or talk of denigration. Thank you!! :cheers2::beer:

"Merciless and cruel". Dis/Shattered called me that one morning before work back in the mid-late 2000's. I stuck it on as my tagline to mess with her :laugh:

The board's new projectionist? She can think what she wants. Kind of obvious she already does. Without knowing a thing. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-18-2021, 08:47 PM

Wrong....
You are dead wrong on this count.
I can spot a phony a mile away and have done so here in the past.
But my friend Gunny is not one of those types.
And from my many conversations with him, I can tell you that he speaks about his past life-the same way I speak about mine...
And that is with the truth being presented, with no embellishments.
I take my stand on that without any fear of my being wrong....

And I myself used to bounce guys right out of the club..
Does my admitting that truth mean I am a liar, a phony???
Hell, a man has to tell it the way it was- not embellish and also not downgrade it.
We in the South, especially we of the old school think and act that way... It is how we were taught by our fathers and grandfathers.
Of which we would never dishonor!!! ---Tyr

Abbey Marie
08-18-2021, 11:07 PM

Lol! You get a D- for being as completely wrong as anyone can be. And for getting on my nerves. I suggest you dial it back now. And put it in the Steel Cage.
- Abbey, your vigilant Senior Admin

SassyLady
08-19-2021, 03:42 AM

You are so far into the weeds that someone needs to spray you with roundup.

I thought you were female. Bouncing guys out of the office? Sounds like a 12 year old boast.

SassyLady
08-19-2021, 03:44 AM

---

Or vaccine passports ....

Juicer66
08-19-2021, 05:00 AM
You are so far into the weeds that someone needs to spray you with roundup.

I thought you were female. Bouncing guys out of the office? Sounds like a 12 year old boast.

You assume ' being bounced' only implies a physical aspect . Quaint .

A bit like believing that modern wars are still fought with soldiers carrying guns .

These days you bounce people with information , strategic foresight and sound implementation.

We have moved from the age of Pisces to Aquarius and that is just one part of a gigantic shift that has just commenced .