PDA

View Full Version : More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for the Delta surge

jimnyc
08-19-2021, 06:03 PM
I am ALL for folks having the RIGHT to choose their own destinations, and whether they should, need to get a shot into their body.
I am against mandates.
Folks should have a decision as to whether or not they should have to wear a mask.

Couple things....

Right now, the sicknesses, those mainly getting ill and those mainly dying - are unfortunately those who have chosen not to get the vaccination.

This doesn't go to say much about long term effects either way. Those who got vaccinated and maybe may get and then survive covid-19 as a result, what any long term results there may be there, if any or if none. :dunno: for now.

Those that chose not to take medication are suffering more so till date.
Those that did take the medication, thus far still get sick but survive.

Same story so far but the long term effects are most important, to me anyway.

---

More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for the Delta surge than blame themselves

More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for Delta’s devastating U.S. surge than blame themselves, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey of 1,649 U.S. adults, which was conducted from Aug. 16 to 18, found that just 6 percent of those who remain unvaccinated say they are the ones who deserve “the most blame for the new surge of COVID cases in the U.S.” The share who say vaccinated Americans deserve the most blame is slightly higher (7 percent).

Likewise, when asked “how much” blame each group deserves, just 9 percent of unvaccinated Americans say they themselves deserve a “great deal of blame.” Nearly twice as many (15 percent) say vaccinated Americans deserve a great deal of blame.

https://i.imgur.com/OBuIAhn.png

The fact that unvaccinated Americans say their vaccinated peers bear more responsibility for Delta’s spread flies in the face of data showing that it’s actually unvaccinated Americans who now account for a vast majority of new COVID cases, hospitalizations and deaths — and it underscores just how difficult it will be to convince most unvaccinated Americans that they have a role to play in ending the pandemic.

Indeed, unvaccinated Americans tend to blame everyone but themselves for the Delta wave, with a full third saying the Biden administration (34 percent) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “and other public-health authorities” (33 percent) deserve a “great deal of blame” — nearly four times the share who say the same about themselves (again, 9 percent). Fewer (24 percent) place a great deal of blame on “Americans who refuse to wear masks and take other precautions.”

In stark contrast, nearly three-quarters of vaccinated Americans (71 percent) say unvaccinated Americans deserve a great deal of blame for Delta’s surge. Similar numbers say the same about Americans who refuse to wear masks and take other precautions (68 percent) and people who spread misinformation online and on TV (70 percent). But when asked to choose who deserves the “most blame,” the share of vaccinated Americans who say unvaccinated Americans (43 percent) dwarfs the share who say anti-maskers (26 percent) or misinformation peddlers (17 percent).

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/poll-more-unvaccinated-americans-blame-vaccinated-americans-for-the-delta-surge-than-blame-themselves-194934930.html

Gunny
08-19-2021, 08:30 PM
This the same Yahoo that censured Rand Paul on masks. Not aimed at the OP. Aimed at Yahoo.

I blame China.

Juicer66
08-20-2021, 04:24 AM
Without the slightest detail proof ( no inclination or time to shovel shite ) I say that any and every chart Yahoo publishes has been cherry picked or dishonestly fixed to suit its pre-determined propaganda line .

Makes 1984 look bland .As obviously Fake as CNN is in its own trash bubble .

fj1200
08-20-2021, 07:44 AM
More unvaccinated Americans blame vaccinated Americans for the Delta surge than blame themselves

Isn't that the definition of cognitive dissonance?

Makes 1984 look bland .As obviously Fake as CNN is in its own trash bubble .

Obviously. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
08-20-2021, 07:50 AM
I'm with Gunny, I blame China. I too support personal choice of vaccinations, I chose to get done. I hope it works now and no long term problems. At my age, it made sense to me.

I'm beyond tired of masks. I am also tired of those who act like they are morally superior for wearing or not wearing.

Gunny
08-20-2021, 10:51 AM
I'm with Gunny, I blame China. I too support personal choice of vaccinations, I chose to get done. I hope it works now and no long term problems. At my age, it made sense to me.

I'm beyond tired of masks. I am also tired of those who act like they are morally superior for wearing or not wearing.Ditto. On my part you can add (well, a LOT) those who are doing nothing but keeping the divisiveness alive and running.

I see no other point to this article. Just keeping the "stuff" stirred. Again for clarification, that's pointed at Yahoo and the vampires out there that just can't seem to or don't want to move on.