PDA

View Full Version : Blinken admits al Qaeda not 'gone' from Afghanistan despite Biden's claim

Gunny
08-22-2021, 01:22 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blinken-biden-al-qaeda-afghanistan

More back-pedaling from the Administration. Biden says AQ is gone, Damage control Blinken starts with "What the President meant ....":rolleyes: followed by finally admitting it is not gone.

This is like watching the Three Stooges or Laurel and Hardy. Just dumber.

Russ
08-22-2021, 01:32 PM
By the way, I keep hearing Biden (and some newscasters) saying that we've been fighting a "20 year war" and "we had to get out of Afghanistan".

Am I the only person that disagrees with both statements?

We haven't been fighting a '20 year war', we fought a war for several years, and what we have now I think is a 'peace-keeping mission'. Words, I know, but the '20 year war' statement is incorrect.

Secondly, we did not 'have to get out of Afghanistan'. That country may be a problem with no good answers, but keeping a peace-keeping force there for a while longer is much better than allowing a new ISIS-country to spring up. We will be facing terror attacks on Europe and America within a couple of years.

Another thing, Biden is showing the world that he is a weak President. We will be lucky if we don't see the annexation of Taiwan by China in the next year, along with the annexation of Ukraine by Russia. The world may change drastically in the next few years (for the worse) because of Joe Biden.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-22-2021, 01:36 PM

More back-pedaling from the Administration. Biden says AQ is gone, Damage control Blinken starts with "What the President meant ....":rolleyes: followed by finally admitting it is not gone.

When do you know a nation is ffkk'ed, when you have a President that needs a guard-groom to say what "he meant" ....
And when the President has to ask-- what do I read next???

One thing you can bet on, when his lips are moving- he is either lying like a rug or else asking for a diaper change.
And just think about this for a hearty laugh--this is the hiding clown that the idiot lib/leftist/dems declared a hero, a savior....- :laugh::laugh:-Tyr

Kathianne
08-22-2021, 01:58 PM
When do you know a nation is ffkk'ed, when you have a President that needs a guard-groom to say what "he meant" ....
And when the President has to ask-- what do I read next???

One thing you can bet on, when his lips are moving- he is either lying like a rug or else asking for a diaper change.
And just think about this for a hearty laugh--this is the hiding clown that the idiot lib/leftist/dems declared a hero, a savior....- :laugh::laugh:-Tyr

When I first heard he was speaking again today my first thought was he might resign. Unless something weird happens I think he will soon be gone. The idea of Harris is beyond disconcerting.

Gunny
08-22-2021, 02:01 PM
By the way, I keep hearing Biden (and some newscasters) saying that we've been fighting a "20 year war" and "we had to get out of Afghanistan".

Am I the only person that disagrees with both statements?

We haven't been fighting a '20 year war', we fought a war for several years, and what we have now I think is a 'peace-keeping mission'. Words, I know, but the '20 year war' statement is incorrect.

Secondly, we did not 'have to get out of Afghanistan'. That country may be a problem with no good answers, but keeping a peace-keeping force there for a while longer is much better than allowing a new ISIS-country to spring up. We will be facing terror attacks on Europe and America within a couple of years.

Another thing, Biden is showing the world that he is a weak President. We will be lucky if we don't see the annexation of Taiwan by China in the next year, along with the annexation of Ukraine by Russia. The world may change drastically in the next few years (for the worse) because of Joe Biden.

I wasn't for it. Leaving was popularized by Obama. So much so that Trump felt obligated to try and carry it out. I doubt even Obama would have f-d it up as bad as Biden has. But you know how the left acts when they don't get their way with the ideas their politicians stick in their heads.

Me? I say no. China's rattling its sabre. Iran's been on its period since 1979. Give up a piece of prime real estate that stands between them neither can invade except at great cost ? Give an entire country to a terrorist organization to satisfy leftwingnut Americans who are against it only because it's something the right thinks is right?

Especially being on China's flank, in force, while China is threatening stability in the Pacific?

I'm not okay with this at all.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-22-2021, 02:10 PM
When I first heard he was speaking again today my first thought was he might resign. Unless something weird happens I think he will soon be gone. The idea of Harris is beyond disconcerting.

Harris would be --"managed" just like they are doing Biden.
It seems like Biden may be interfering with the management and interjecting the stupidity that the obama team managed to control when idiot puppet was Vice President.
This A'stan thing, has the entire world laughing at us, imho. And especially so-- China, Russia, Iran and N. Korea...
The weakness Biden is showing is extremely dangerous, as our enemies may think now is the time to take a few things around the world.--Tyr

Gunny
08-22-2021, 02:12 PM
When I first heard he was speaking again today my first thought was he might resign. Unless something weird happens I think he will soon be gone. The idea of Harris is beyond disconcerting.Harris has not shown me in any way whatsoever that she is capable of handling the situation any better. Worse, either Biden is not listening to his military, or whoever is giving him his military advice is as incompetent as he is.

It is hard for me to believe a military person is giving him guidance. I know JCS and SecDef are. The question is whether or not he's listening to them. If he is, they need to go when and if he does.

Russ
08-22-2021, 05:52 PM

Agreed. I've said before that Biden managed to pick as his VP one of the few human beings on this planet that would be a worse President than him. Joe's starting to make me change my mind, though.

Gunny
08-22-2021, 06:39 PM
Harris would be --"managed" just like they are doing Biden.
It seems like Biden may be interfering with the management and interjecting the stupidity that the obama team managed to control when idiot puppet was Vice President.
This A'stan thing, has the entire world laughing at us, imho. And especially so-- China, Russia, Iran and N. Korea...
The weakness Biden is showing is extremely dangerous, as our enemies may think now is the time to take a few things around the world.--TyrWhat the left doesn't get, or doesn't care about getting is an inconvenient truth -- this makes the World a more dangerous place. While most Americans are guilty, the left is especially so. They think they can pretend bad things away, while waving the threat of "we did this way back when ...". Maybe. We haven't done ANYTHING consistently. We'll go chase the next butterfly we see.

JakeStarkey
08-24-2021, 05:35 PM
Trump's negotiations guaranteed the continuing existence of Al Qaeda.

SassyLady
08-24-2021, 07:10 PM
Trump's negotiations guaranteed the continuing existence of Al Qaeda.
So, why didn't Biden fix it if, as you said, he's more fit to be president than Trump?

JakeStarkey
08-25-2021, 07:54 AM

The world knows Al Qaeda is still in Afghanistan. And, yup, Biden got in wrong in June. It is almost September and we all know better. Biden almost lowered himself to the Trump level in spreading misinformation. Sad. Let's hope he gets better.

icansayit
08-25-2021, 06:09 PM
The world knows Al Qaeda is still in Afghanistan. And, yup, Biden got in wrong in June. It is almost September and we all know better. Biden almost lowered himself to the Trump level in spreading misinformation. Sad. Let's hope he gets better.

We're all happy, and assured ONLY YOU are lower than Trump has ever been. You say misinformation yet fail to show any proof...other than what you claim you've heard during your quest of hatred for Trump and our Ignorant generation of Your Fellow Snowflake SJW Anarchists.

Gunny
08-25-2021, 07:10 PM
The world knows Al Qaeda is still in Afghanistan. And, yup, Biden got in wrong in June. It is almost September and we all know better. Biden almost lowered himself to the Trump level in spreading misinformation. Sad. Let's hope he gets better.Biden knew. Biden did not know. Blinken's tapdancing like a drunk around saying the President was incorrect.

And if aq has been around all this time, why DIDN'T the President know? Seems to me the President of the US should know whether or not he is freeing up one of the biggest terrorist organizations in the World.

JakeStarkey
08-27-2021, 01:46 PM
It is so good to see the GOP opposition staggering from the positive evacuation results. Another ten thousand. More than 120 thousand.

Biden is correcting Trump's misgovernance.

jimnyc
08-27-2021, 01:52 PM
Biden doesn't have much of a clue at all what he's doing, letting alone correcting anything. Kind of like he corrected things at the southern border? :rolleyes: :laugh:

icansayit
08-27-2021, 01:58 PM
It is so good to see the GOP opposition staggering from the positive evacuation results. Another ten thousand. More than 120 thousand.

Biden is correcting Trump's misgovernance.

https://pics.loveforquotes.com/Facebook-ff7003.png