PDA

View Full Version : CDC To Restart Initiative To Study Gun Violence

Gunny
08-28-2021, 11:29 AM
OAN Newsroom
UPDATED 7:15 PM PT – Friday, August 27, 2021The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention restarted the agency’s gun violence research initiative. During an interview on Friday, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky described gun violence as a serious public health threat.
“This is not a conversation about having them or not having them. This is a conversation about how we can make them being here safe,” said Walensky. “The research that we intend to do is going to be squarely about making America safe. Making people safe.”
The agency plans to spend more than $10 million to track gun violence injuries and come up with means of preventing firearm injuries. While Walensky insists the CDC is not interested in advocating for gun control, critics have questioned why a federal agency created to prevent infectious disease is researching gun violence at all.

https://www.oann.com/cdc-to-restart-initiative-to-study-gun-violence/

:rolleyes:

Yet another bureaucratic, bottomless money pit. Criminals cause gun violence. Cut to the chase and study what causes criminals.

Studying guns to see why they are violent seems kind of stupid to me. I have yet to see a gun be the cause of any violence of its own volition. It takes a dumbass to operate machinery.

Juicer66
08-28-2021, 12:53 PM
Monty Python would have loved such surreal and imbecilic tripe and onions .

The Psychopaths in nominal charge of this house of nut jobs are due for a huge fall very soon .The bottomless Pit for starters .

Gunny
08-28-2021, 01:32 PM
Monty Python would have loved such surreal and imbecilic tripe and onions .

The Psychopaths in nominal charge of this house of nut jobs are due for a huge fall very soon .The bottomless Pit for starters .For an Englishwoman you sure don't speak the language very well.

LongTermGuy
09-01-2021, 10:11 AM
~ "Criminals cause gun violence. Cut to the chase and study what causes criminals." ~

Its hard for "them" to comprehend that....

Gunny
09-01-2021, 10:40 AM
~ "Criminals cause gun violence. Cut to the chase and study what causes criminals." ~

Its hard for "them" to comprehend that....

I've been sitting here watching one of my handguns waiting on it to make a move. It just sits there :dunno: