PDA

View Full Version : Judge Took Away My Parental Rights For Not Getting COVID Vaccine

jimnyc
08-28-2021, 01:27 PM
It was bad enough seeing some judges force vaccines upon folks. But now this woman had her visitation rights taken away since she chose not to get vaccinated.

She needs a good lawyer and she needs to sue the hell out of them, IMO.

---

Judge Took Away My Parental Rights For Not Getting COVID Vaccine

Rebecca Firlit, a Chicago mother, said that a Cook County judge took away her parental rights for not getting the COVID vaccine.

Fox 32 Chicago reported: (https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/cook-county-judge-strips-mother-of-parental-rights-over-vaccination-status)

A Chicago mother says a Cook County judge has taken away her parental rights after learning that she is not vaccinated against COVID-19.

In what all parties agree is a very unusual and perhaps unprecedented step, a judge at Chicago’s Daley Center has stripped Rebecca Firlit of custody because she refuses to get a vaccination shot.

She said that the judge asked her whether or not she had gotten the COVID vaccine.

She responded by saying that she had not due to prior bad reactions with vaccines.

She was stripped of all her parenting time with her son.

Fox 32 Chicago reported:

She says out of the blue, Cook County Judge James Shapiro asked her whether she had been vaccinated. Firlit told Shapiro she had not because she has had bad reactions to vaccines in the past.

Shapiro then ordered that Firlit be stripped of all parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/08/chicago-mother-judge-took-away-parental-rights-not-getting-covid-vaccine/

JakeStarkey
08-28-2021, 01:31 PM
The law is quite clear.

Public health before being permitted to affect others' health.

jimnyc
08-28-2021, 01:34 PM
The law is quite clear.

And kids are normally at home with their parents. It's one thing being out in public, it's entirely different when you're making decisions that harm someone's family. A fine I wouldn't argue with, but this shit is unconstitutional.

Gunny
08-28-2021, 01:39 PM
The law is quite clear.

Public health before being permitted to affect others' health.If that was law, getting this vaccine wouldn't be an issue. If you mean "common law", the left should have thought about that before destroying "common sense".

And kids are normally at home with their parents. It's one thing being out in public, it's entirely different when you're making decisions that harm someone's family. A fine I wouldn't argue with, but this shit is unconstitutional.

Is it? Where does one's Constitutional Rights begin and the health and welfare of the entire community end? Apparently with the covid vaccine in the minds of some.

jimnyc
08-28-2021, 01:44 PM
If that was law, getting this vaccine wouldn't be an issue. If you mean "common law", the left should have thought about that before destroying "common sense".

Is it? Where does one's Constitutional Rights begin and the health and welfare of the entire community end? Apparently with the covid vaccine in the minds of some.

We're talking behind closed doors here. Affecting someone's relationship with their child. Keep them at home if he chose, but to temporarily terminate rights over a vaccine? I think that's overkill by far, IMO.

fj1200
08-28-2021, 01:49 PM
We're talking behind closed doors here. Affecting someone's relationship with their child. Keep them at home if he chose, but to temporarily terminate rights over a vaccine? I think that's overkill by far, IMO.

I'm going to guess that if she's in front of a judge discussing visitation rights she's either divorced or lost custody by some other means.

Gunny
08-28-2021, 01:50 PM
We're talking behind closed doors here. Affecting someone's relationship with their child. Keep them at home if he chose, but to temporarily terminate rights over a vaccine? I think that's overkill by far, IMO.I think the whole topic is overkill myself.

Society does not function when it runs on "I/Me first". I give you ours as example.

fj1200
08-28-2021, 01:51 PM
The law is quite clear.

Overreach.

jimnyc
08-28-2021, 01:57 PM
I'm going to guess that if she's in front of a judge discussing visitation rights she's either divorced or lost custody by some other means.

If there is more to the story, then I will change my stance. I didn't think much of why they were there, only the decision of choice. Fines and higher fines and jail is of the norm - not terminating parental rights as such.

Gunny
08-28-2021, 02:00 PM
If there is more to the story, then I will change my stance. I didn't think much of why they were there, only the decision of choice. Fines and higher fines and jail is of the norm - not terminating parental rights as such.For any other reason, just try getting parental rights terminated even if it's in the best interest of the child.

fj1200
08-28-2021, 02:03 PM
If there is more to the story, then I will change my stance. I didn't think much of why they were there, only the decision of choice. Fines and higher fines and jail is of the norm - not terminating parental rights as such.

Divorce visitation rights. Still an overreach IMO.