PDA

View Full Version : "I believe I showed the utmost courage ... I saved countless lives"

jimnyc
08-28-2021, 03:03 PM
He was legally exonerated. He was protecting congress overall, and apparently entry through that door was one of the last lines of defense. I don't like this shooting but I can understand why he was exonerated.

That said - to claim he saved countless lives is absolute bullshit, IMO. He may think so, but folks weren't there to kill anyone. And if anyone did believe so, they were in an extremely small minority.

---

Babbitt shooter: "I believe I showed the utmost courage ... I saved countless lives"

“There was imminent threat and danger to the members of Congress,” Michael Byrd tells NBC’s Lester Holt in his first interview since the shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the January 6 riot. “I just want the truth to be told.” The Capitol Police lieutenant came forward after an investigation exonerated him for the shooting, which took place as Babbitt crashed through a barricade that was the last line of defense for the Speaker’s Lobby in the capitol:

“Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were,” Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. “There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.

“If they get through that door, they’re into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress,” added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.

Byrd’s connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.

There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer’s fingertips were blown off.

Be sure to watch the whole interview, and also to note the context, especially in light of the reports of attacks on officers preceding this shooting. The Capitol Police have a dual mission — law enforcement in a traditional sense and personal protection of members of Congress. By the time Babbitt crashed through the barricade outside the Speaker’s Lobby, their mission had entirely shifted to that of personal protection, akin to the Secret Service.

With that in mind, the exoneration of Byrd makes complete sense, even if it angers those who remain sympathetic to the rioters. Officers were under assault, reports of shots fired (later erroneous) had gone out over the radio, and hhe hallway had been barricaded. Byrd kept shouting warnings for the rioters to stop on the other side of the barricade, pointing his firearm to underscore the point. Babbitt breached the barricades anyway, and had she succeeded in getting through, the rest would have broken down the last obstacle protecting Byrd and the members of Congress under his protection.

Rest - https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/08/27/babbitt-shooter-i-believe-i-showed-the-utmost-courage-i-saved-countless-lives-n411980

icansayit
08-28-2021, 03:13 PM
Anywhere in the UNITED STATES today.

If a White Cop shoots ANYBODY....HE or SHE is instantly accused of MURDER.

On the other hand. A Known Democrat led Capitol Police Officer who happens to be Black.

GET'S REWARDED FOR DEFENDING people who were not in danger, and later brags about HIS UTMOST COURAGE to shoot an UNARMED FELLOW AMERICAN????

Bet Nancy Pelosi, Chucky Schumer, and Jerry Nadless-Nadler award him TOO!???????

JakeStarkey
08-28-2021, 03:42 PM
Such hate from the Trump and alt right.

Yes, the cop did the right thing.

Gunny
08-28-2021, 03:52 PM
He was legally exonerated. He was protecting congress overall, and apparently entry through that door was one of the last lines of defense. I don't like this shooting but I can understand why he was exonerated.

That said - to claim he saved countless lives is absolute bullshit, IMO. He may think so, but folks weren't there to kill anyone. And if anyone did believe so, they were in an extremely small minority.

---

Babbitt shooter: "I believe I showed the utmost courage ... I saved countless lives"

“There was imminent threat and danger to the members of Congress,” Michael Byrd tells NBC’s Lester Holt in his first interview since the shooting of Ashli Babbitt in the January 6 riot. “I just want the truth to be told.” The Capitol Police lieutenant came forward after an investigation exonerated him for the shooting, which took place as Babbitt crashed through a barricade that was the last line of defense for the Speaker’s Lobby in the capitol:

Be sure to watch the whole interview, and also to note the context, especially in light of the reports of attacks on officers preceding this shooting. The Capitol Police have a dual mission — law enforcement in a traditional sense and personal protection of members of Congress. By the time Babbitt crashed through the barricade outside the Speaker’s Lobby, their mission had entirely shifted to that of personal protection, akin to the Secret Service.

With that in mind, the exoneration of Byrd makes complete sense, even if it angers those who remain sympathetic to the rioters. Officers were under assault, reports of shots fired (later erroneous) had gone out over the radio, and hhe hallway had been barricaded. Byrd kept shouting warnings for the rioters to stop on the other side of the barricade, pointing his firearm to underscore the point. Babbitt breached the barricades anyway, and had she succeeded in getting through, the rest would have broken down the last obstacle protecting Byrd and the members of Congress under his protection.

Rest - https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/08/27/babbitt-shooter-i-believe-i-showed-the-utmost-courage-i-saved-countless-lives-n411980He's the one that's got live with his decision.

LongTermGuy
08-28-2021, 04:15 PM
He's the one that's got live with his decision.

Like this Black Democrat racist gives a fuck..especially after he was told "it was a good kill" by other Hate America / Change America Democrats in power for NOW...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-28-2021, 04:37 PM
Like this Black Democrat racist gives a fuck..especially after he was told "it was a good kill" by other Hate America / Change America Democrats in power for NOW...

Exactly so my friend. He shot an unarmed white women. He is black so he is quadrupled protected. And that fking coward knows it...
I would call him, a ffkiing craven coward face to face any day and be glad to do it.As long as the ffing coward was unarmed, fist-a-cuffs would do fine by me...
He desperately needs a damn super fine asstomping, imho..
And yes, I am not afraid to speak my mind and I do not bow to lib/dem/cowards of any stripe or any damn color. A fact.
Does anybody truly think that if she had been a --black women-- that ffing punk would have shot her???
I rest my case... --Tyr

fj1200
08-28-2021, 10:25 PM
^ and ^^ Tough talk behind the internet.

fj1200
08-28-2021, 10:27 PM

It's more of a matter of what did he think at the time.

JakeStarkey
08-29-2021, 07:44 AM
The shooter had every reason to believe the insurgents were their to make afraid and kill.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2021, 07:55 AM
The shooter had every reason to believe the insurgents were their to make afraid and kill.

How so???

Did he see weapons?

Answer is no-he saw no weapons...

Why do you make up bullshit as you go....

So what was --his every reason????

Or was it that the ffing scum got afraid and shot an unarmed woman because he had rode his affirmative action job/career so long while being blitheringly stupid and totally unqualified???
Like we see so damn often...--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2021, 08:02 AM
^ and ^^ Tough talk behind the internet.

Idiot stalker punk speaketh...
Talk is cheap unless one has the ability to back it up.
I've always had that ability when face to face... Of course a fool like you wouldn't have a damn clue about that..
And yes, I got firsthand knowledge about you from somebody that met you and rode with you(rather you rode with them)...
Did you ever wonder why they never invited you back to ride with them again????
And no, I will not reveal who gave me that information.
But it was a guy that wouldnt lie about it.... As he had no reason to lie about it..--Tyr

fj1200
08-29-2021, 04:28 PM
Idiot stalker punk speaketh...
Talk is cheap unless one has the ability to back it up.
I've always had that ability when face to face... Of course a fool like you wouldn't have a damn clue about that..
And yes, I got firsthand knowledge about you from somebody that met you and rode with you(rather you rode with them)...
Did you ever wonder why they never invited you back to ride with them again????
And no, I will not reveal who gave me that information.
But it was a guy that wouldnt lie about it.... As he had no reason to lie about it..--Tyr

I'm the stalker and you're the one getting inside information. Hilarious. You argue like a pansy. Whatever inside information you think you have really means nothing other than you trying to be internet tough.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-29-2021, 05:07 PM
I'm the stalker and you're the one getting inside information. Hilarious. You argue like a pansy. Whatever inside information you think you have really means nothing other than you trying to be internet tough.

I was not arguing , you blathering fool.
I was volunteered information about you years ago. None of it was solicited by me.
And it verified, three things-in that person's words- you would never ride with them again because you were=
1. a certified punk, 2. a liberal/pansy-ass fool and 3. a weasel.....
And that person took a vote among the members after you rode with them and all agreed -to never invite you back to ride with them...
Not even one member said -yes lets invite him back...
That verification was enough for me as it certified what I had already came to see and understand about you.
And the years since have proven it over and over again and again..-Tyr

icansayit
08-29-2021, 05:11 PM

You are, and have become ONE OF OUR FAVORITE TROLLS to haunt DP. Everybody has your number, but You, Jake, and a couple others here have made TROLLING more than a Fishing trait.https://lilmisskaty.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ugly_troll.jpg

fj1200
08-29-2021, 05:17 PM
I was not arguing , you blathering fool.
I was volunteered information about you years ago. None of it was solicited by me.
And it verified, three things-in that person's words- you would never ride with them again because you were=
1. a certified punk, 2. a liberal/pansy-ass fool and 3. a weasel.....
And that person took a vote among the members after you rode with them and all agreed -to never invite you back to ride with them...
Not even one member said -yes lets invite him back...
That verification was enough for me as it certified what I had already came to see and understand about you.
And the years since have proven it over and over again and again..-Tyr

I can almost guarantee you that I've never ridden with anyone that you know.

JakeStarkey
08-29-2021, 05:32 PM
Tyr-Ziu Saxnot simply engages in the wildest imagination not fact.

JakeStarkey
08-29-2021, 05:34 PM
The biggest trolls here, I have learned, are the Trump faction: buncha loonies.

They cannot stand that the good guys and gals will call out their trolling.

They also cannot stand being forced to take what they dish: jeez, they whine.

.https://lilmisskaty.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ugly_troll.jpg

icansayit
08-29-2021, 06:26 PM
The biggest trolls here, I have learned, are the Trump faction: buncha loonies.

They cannot stand that the good guys and gals will call out their trolling.

They also cannot stand being forced to take what they dish: jeez, they whine.

.https://lilmisskaty.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/ugly_troll.jpg

PLEASE KEEP POSTING YOUR OWN PERSONAL PHOTO for all of us. TROLL!