PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Party Maintains Solid Image And Reputation

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:38 AM
Ain’t love amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Gallup News Service

Democratic Party Maintains Solid Image Advantage Over GOP
Public Prefers Democratic Party to Republican for handling terrorism, military security

by Lydia Saad
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- Public attitudes toward the two major political parties have not changed much in recent months. That's good news for the Democratic Party, which moved into a superior image position when compared to the Republican Party more than a year ago. Americans not only continue to view the Democratic Party more favorably than the Republican Party in general terms, but they also choose the Democratic party as the preferred party for maintaining the nation's economic prosperity. And, in a departure from recent history, Americans see the Democrats as the political party better able to protect the country from terrorism.

According to Gallup's annual Governance survey, conducted Sept. 14-16, 2007, the Democratic Party enjoys a 15-point lead over the Republicans in overall favorability, 53% vs. 38%.

Much more including the graphs you like so much!!!!!:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=28780

Now, who’s your daddy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 03:47 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/tickledpink.gif

You should go over at daily kos, moveon and du underground....

They are so pissed at the Democrats because they are not marching to their orders..........
they are calling for all the Democrats heads on a platter....:dance:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 03:52 AM
WTF?????? The meds combined with the Cape Cods are taking their toll on you, aren't they, staphy?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:00 AM
WTF?????? The meds combined with the Cape Cods are taking their toll on you, aren't they, staphy?

good grief Psycho......

go over and check out the sites I quoted.......

They are in a hissy fit.........

They BLEW IT, and they are now seeing it slapping them in the face........

It is quite funny.....

:cheers2::dance:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 04:05 AM
Sorry you missed it, staphy, but I am three times banned from DU. I am also not inclined towards the others that you mentioned.

good grief Psycho......

But, I wonder why you and other reichwingers are not appalled towards the indescretions of American mercenaries such as Blackwater?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:07 AM
Sorry you missed it, staphy, but I am three times banned from DU. I am also not inclined towards the others that you mentioned.

But, I wonder why you and other reichwingers are not appalled towards the indiscretions of American mercenaries such as Blackwater?

Well??

You were in the military...

You tell us???

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 04:12 AM
I've told you time and time again and your hard headed self just keeps doing the :laugh2: thing.

Well??

You were in the military...

You tell us???

Go back to the original post here and give me something other than the insults you have thusfar drooled and maybe we can have an intelligent conversation. Dig it?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:18 AM
I've told you time and time again and your hard headed self just keeps doing the :laugh2: thing.

Go back to the original post here and give me something other than the insults you have thus far drooled and maybe we can have an intelligent conversation. Dig it?

You tried to worm your way out of this post and all the rest of your post...

But, as far as I see you, you say you are a military person, and some of the shit you post, I find it hard to believe......

No matter...

I know where I stand with me and the military and my country........

CHERRIOS TO YOU MY FRIEND...:cheers2:

KarlMarx
09-26-2007, 04:25 AM
When I saw the title, I thought this was a joke....

Are you serious????

Yes, I'm sure that the public thinks the Dems are great at handling terrorism. Especially after Dennis Kucinich goes to Syria and practically kisses Bashar Assad's ass on TV.

Psycho... please, wake up! Your head is stuck in the sand and you can't get it out!

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Look here, KM, I posted an article with graphs, quotes and data that can be examined for any deficiency that you can muster. You tell me to get my head out of the sand?

When I saw the title, I thought this was a joke....

Are you serious????

Yes, I'm sure that the public thinks the Dems are great at handling terrorism. Especially after Dennis Kucinich goes to Syria and practically kisses Bashar Assad's ass on TV.

Psycho... please, wake up! Your head is stuck in the sand and you can't get it out!

Wake Up, KM!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't write the article, I didn't collect the data and I didn't call the authors idiots. Just why are you so afraid of me? Have you nothing to speak of the facts as presented?

stephanie
09-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Look here, KM, I posted an article with graphs, quotes and data that can be examined for any deficiency that you can muster. You tell me to get my head out of the sand?

Wake Up, KM!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't write the article, I didn't collect the data and I didn't call the authors idiots. Just why are you so afraid of me? Have you nothing to speak of the facts as presented?

BIG DEAL......So that makes it.............the truth...forever...and always, and that is it by golly.........:laugh2:

:laugh2::laugh2:

Sitarro
09-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Ain’t love amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Gallup News Service

Democratic Party Maintains Solid Image Advantage Over GOP
Public Prefers Democratic Party to Republican for handling terrorism, military security

by Lydia Saad
GALLUP NEWS SERVICE

PRINCETON, NJ -- Public attitudes toward the two major political parties have not changed much in recent months. That's good news for the Democratic Party, which moved into a superior image position when compared to the Republican Party more than a year ago. Americans not only continue to view the Democratic Party more favorably than the Republican Party in general terms, but they also choose the Democratic party as the preferred party for maintaining the nation's economic prosperity. And, in a departure from recent history, Americans see the Democrats as the political party better able to protect the country from terrorism.

According to Gallup's annual Governance survey, conducted Sept. 14-16, 2007, the Democratic Party enjoys a 15-point lead over the Republicans in overall favorability, 53% vs. 38%.

Much more including the graphs you like so much!!!!!:

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=28780

Now, who’s your daddy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Gee psycho,
Are you really that full of shit to believe there is anything real to those numbers. If they are true then it only proves one thing, the bullshit machine known as the Democrat party has won the minds of the ignorant that wouldn't have a clue about economics if you stuff some Garmin stock up their collective ass. Your party has done absolutely nothing to deserve the respect of a mentally deficient klu klux klan member but your cooperative media machine that backs up the bald faced lies that your heroes tell, has done a super job of fooling the fools...... you should be very proud. Your people have done their very best to sabotage this country just to get their power back from the uninformed lightweights you call your constituents.

You have such stellar minds as Nancy Pelosi(her skin is so stretched that you can almost see that minor brain matter behind it), Robert Byrd(certifiable Klan nut case), Ted Kennedy (drunken sott that murdered a young woman and got away with it, that is except for the fact that he hasn't been sober since), Hillary Clinton(a know nothing useless bag of bones without a creative thought in her joke of a door mat head), her perverted "husband" that has never met a hole he didn't feel a need to plug(Rhodes Scholar...yea sure, never finished at Oxford),Howie Dean(a has been "doctor" that couldn't treat a case of hemmorroids, how many people have regretted going to his clinic), Barbara Boxer(shrew hypocrite whose husband is one of the biggest war profiteers in history.... Nancy's too). The list goes on and on. If these pathetic idiots get total power you will suffer like everyone else in this country when they bring it to it's knees and you will be stupid enough to join with them and continue to blame the Republicans who have no power. You will suffer dimwit, along with all of us. No more red neck racing(bad for the environment), unions will destroy whatever is left of the foolish businesses that try to stay here rather than move to a place that is interested in capitalism, farmers will fail, and everyone will look to the government to save them only to find they won't be able to because you geniuses will have taxed the golden geese, the actual producers of wealth will have left to move on to greener pastures like China.

Celebrate dumbass, while you can, your lousy party will destroy everything worthwhile about this country and never take responsibility..... nothing new here. Who would have ever thought we would be stuck depending on the French to save the world?

One thing good for you, your lame ass blues songs will write themselves.

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Are you done shitting out your mouth, zorro?

Do you care to prove one single point you now state as truth? Care to at least link a single argument that supports your theory? Care to expound on your most clever but admittedly beligerent and even hostile observations in any credible way? Or are you the imbecile that you deny being?

Maybe it's just me you dislike so? I dunno. I think you a a gift from GOD.

KarlMarx
09-26-2007, 06:08 AM

There is another poll that places the public approval rating of the Democrat controlled Congress at 11%, even lower than Bush's approval rating. I wonder if you can explain the disparity between the two?

Opinion polls are based on feelings, not facts. So, let's look at some facts

Terrorism: there have been two minor attacks on Americans since 9/11. One involved the Greek embassy and was instigated by Greek terrorists (no casualties). Before Bush took office, the number of attacks was steadily increasing. Those attacks included, attack on the WTC in 1993, attack on the Khobar Towers, attack on two US embassies in Africa with many casualties, the attack on the USS Cole. Each attack was tied to Al Qaeda. We are now winning in Iraq. Al Qaeda is spending a large part of its resources fighting us in Iraq instead of attacking us at home.

In contrast, the Democrats actions show a disturbingly weak attitude towards terrorism. This attitude can be best illustrated by Dennis Kucinich's visit to Syria and the remarks he made on Syrian television.

Economy: The DJIA closed yesterday at 13,778.65, which is near a record high. The unemployment rate for the country is somewhere near 4.5%. Poverty is at its lowest point in years. Inflation remains low. These figures are not based on polls but hard data.

In contrast, the "Clinton economy" ended in a recession that the current president inherited. The current crop of democratic presidential candidates favor tax increases to fund social programs, e.g. nationalized health care. The effect of these tax increases will cause the economy to tank considerably.

No, Psycho, in spite of what 1,000 people in a survey feel, there is little evidence to support the survey results. The economy is doing well and we are winning the war on terror in a slow, but steady, manner.

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 06:20 AM
Just think what we could do if we had a President that truly understood what a WAR ON TERROR was really about and didn't get himself involved in a political dispute and subsequent war in which thousands of American lives and billions of American dollars are being spent to secure what?

There is another poll that places the public approval rating of the Democrat controlled Congress at 11%, even lower than Bush's approval rating. I wonder if you can explain the disparity between the two?

Opinion polls are based on feelings, not facts. So, let's look at some facts

Terrorism: there have been two minor attacks on Americans since 9/11. One involved the Greek embassy and was instigated by Greek terrorists (no casualties). Before Bush took office, the number of attacks was steadily increasing. Those attacks included, attack on the WTC in 1993, attack on the Khobar Towers, attack on two US embassies in Africa with many casualties, the attack on the USS Cole. Each attack was tied to Al Qaeda. We are now winning in Iraq. Al Qaeda is spending a large part of its resources fighting us in Iraq instead of attacking us at home.

In contrast, the Democrats actions show a disturbingly weak attitude towards terrorism. This attitude can be best illustrated by Dennis Kucinich's visit to Syria and the remarks he made on Syrian television.

Economy: The DJIA closed yesterday at 13,778.65, which is near a record high. The unemployment rate for the country is somewhere near 4.5%. Poverty is at its lowest point in years. Inflation remains low. These figures are not based on polls but hard data.

In contrast, the "Clinton economy" ended in a recession that the current president inherited. The current crop of democratic presidential candidates favor tax increases to fund social programs, e.g. nationalized health care. The effect of these tax increases will cause the economy to tank considerably.

No, Psycho, in spite of what 1,000 people in a survey feel, there is little evidence to support the survey results. The economy is doing well and we are winning the war on terror in a slow, but steady, manner.

Your polls are dishonest and your facts are simply false, KM. So do better next time.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 06:59 AM
good grief Psycho......

They BLEW IT, and they are now seeing it slapping them in the face........

It is quite funny.....

I would suggest that this is more evidence that the american people like the moderation of the democratic party and that moveon and the others have minimal influence in the direction of the party.

I can tell you, from first hand experience at the local and state level, those groups have ZERO influence over the democratic party in MY state.

I think it is funny that the right keeps focusing on the left fringe and attempts to portray them as puppet masters when they really are not.... and the American people are wise to that rap...and they ain't buyin' it.

You guys keep running against the far left, and the middle of the democratic party will run against you. If Gallup is any indication, our game plan seems to be more successful!

But hey.... forget that one defintion of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results....you guys keep yelling about moveon.org..... golly...don't let ME stop you! :laugh2:

Psychoblues
09-26-2007, 07:26 AM
What shit have I posted, staphy?

You tried to worm your way out of this post and all the rest of your post...

But, as far as I see you, you say you are a military person, and some of the shit you post, I find it hard to believe......

No matter...

I know where I stand with me and the military and my country........

CHERRIOS TO YOU MY FRIEND...:cheers2:

I can quote a lot of shit that you've posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you been eating peanut butter? No? Then wipe that shit off your nose!!!!!!!!

There ain't nobody here that stands more with the American military and for this country, the United States Of America, than me. You and your Cape Cods and your keyboard masturbation can kiss this old patriots ass.

KarlMarx
09-26-2007, 08:02 AM
Just think what we could do if we had a President that truly understood what a WAR ON TERROR was really about and didn't get himself involved in a political dispute and subsequent war in which thousands of American lives and billions of American dollars are being spent to secure what?
this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. The Democrat Party has made the entire WOT a political dispute and is using every opportunity to exploit it for political gain.

Thousands of American lives were lost in a single day, by the way, because the Clinton Administration IGNORED the threat posed by terrorists.

Your polls are dishonest and your facts are simply false, KM. So do better next time.
you can choose to ignore them, but, by the same token I can make the same claims about the Gallup poll you cite.

BoogyMan
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM

But, I wonder why you and other reichwingers are not appalled towards the indescretions of American mercenaries such as Blackwater?

Reichwingers? REICHWINGERS?

Stephanie was right, the left still has a solid image and reputation.......they still stink on ice.

You CAN view the postings at DU without logging in Psycho, in your attempts at obfuscation you obviously overlooked that one little point.

09-26-2007, 11:14 AM

For the last time, Iraq is part of the war on terror. If you havent figured out why then you are a complete an utter moron who ignores anything you dont like.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 11:25 AM
For the last time, Iraq is part of the war on terror. If you havent figured out why then you are a complete an utter moron who ignores anything you dont like.

repeating that over and over and over again does not make it any more credible.

Iraq had ZERO connection to our enemies. Iraq was a minor inconsequential threat to us. Iraq is a useless counterproductive diversion in the war against islamic extremism.

Sir Evil
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM

Iraq had ZERO connection to our enemies. Iraq was a minor inconsequential threat to us. Iraq is a useless counterproductive diversion in the war against islamic extremism.

Speaking of repetative posting styles...:poke:

Remember when "your" party were stealing away the keys to congress, and "your" party were going to make the big changes? Oh yeah, the image & rep is glowing. what a shitbrick!

09-26-2007, 11:44 AM

and yet you continue repeating it over and over again. You really should take your own advice.

Sitarro
09-26-2007, 11:57 AM
I certainly wouldn't expect a couple of cooks for the Army and Navy to understand military strategy, especially when verbalized. Sooo, I am providing you guys with a map of the Middle East to give you some idea of the significance of Afghanistan and Iraq to controlling the open path way for oil to be dispersed to the world's economies. A nut case in Iraq could have easily destroyed that flow with conventional weapons, same is true for Irans pinhead. By taking out Saddam and placing a large force there, we insure that we will have some chance of keeping that path open. We also have Iran surrounded by allies or at least more intelligent thinkers that are more into the idea of self preservation rather than a trip to Allah.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
so...sitarro...why not abandon the pretense of calling it a war on terror and call it for what you clearly think it is: a war for oil? :laugh2:

retiredman
09-26-2007, 12:04 PM
and yet you continue repeating it over and over again. You really should take your own advice.

are you suggesting that ba'athist Iraq DID have a connection with wahabbist Islamic extremism?

Sir Evil
09-26-2007, 12:10 PM
are you suggesting that ba'athist Iraq DID have a connection with wahabbist Islamic extremism?

He's suggesting what you already know, that you are the repatative imbecile you have always been! :D

retiredman
09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
how nice....my yappy little pet dog followed me to yet another thread! lol

good doggy!

09-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Hello?! Its freakin obvious they did. Saddam supported terrorism. He was quite honest about it. Osama has been quite honest about it. Why is so damn difficult to understand about this???

retiredman
09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
failing to understand the difference between arab nationalists and wahabbists really limits your ability to constructively contribute to this discussion.

Saddam supported arab nationalist terror organizations - primarily palestinian arab nationalists. He would NEVER support wahabbist terror organizations because the goal of wahabbism was the dissolution of his secular nation state and the secular nation states throughout the region.

We were attacked by wahabbist islamic extremists, not palestinian arab nationalists.

or are they all just filthy ragheads to you?

In fact, the biggest thing that palestinian nationalist organizations have in common with Al Qaeda is their use of terror as a tactic. I think, sometimes, that folks like you think that anyone who uses terror as a tactic is just as much an enemy and just as pressing a concern as Al Qaeda. The Irish Republican Army uses terror as a tactic. Are they our enemy? The PKK in Turkey uses terror as a tactic. Are they our enemy? The Khalistan Liberation Front in Punjab uses terror as a tactic. Are they our enemy? The Tamil Tigers on Sri Lanka use terror as a tactic. Are they our enemy? Saddam did NOT support our enemy. He was not a clear and present danger to our nation. Invading Iraq was a blunder.

Sitarro
09-26-2007, 01:28 PM
so...sitarro...why not abandon the pretense of calling it a war on terror and call it for what you clearly think it is: a war for oil? :laugh2:

Somewhat simplistic isn't that cooky? Oil is the worlds economy, we lose the free flow of oil and the worlds economy goes down the shitter, a true weapon of mass destruction. You dufusses on the left felt that if we didn't find a huge complex of anthrax, chemicals, etc. etc. , we didn't find the primary reason we went to Iraq...... that is what the leftist have said ad naseum was the reason for going to Iraq. Being in bed with Saddam, leftist nodoubt knew about the multiple missions using gutted 747 and 727s to smuggle out these weapons systems to Syria(under the guise of earthquake releif missions)and knew that it was going to be difficult if not impossible to find them. That is why the chorus that has gone on for years,,,,you didn't find wmds and that was your primary reason. That wasn't the primary reason, it was to take out Saddam and his pervert sons and help the Iraqi people build a country that would be closer to a democracy that exists in the Middle East thus making them a useful allie in the War On Terror.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
As I have said, had we not been attacked by Islamic extremists on 9/11/01, that goal might have been important enough to make it on our 'to-do" list. But after 9/11... fighting Islamic extremism was way too important to waste time getting rid of some secular arab tinhorns with no connections to our real enemies.

That wasn't the primary reason, it was to take out Saddam and his pervert sons and help the Iraqi people build a country that would be closer to a democracy that exists in the Middle East thus making them a useful allie in the War On Terror.

And... It seems to me that we would have been better off spending a half a trillion dollars and five years and 31K dead and wounded Americans actually fighting the war on terror rather than spending all of that on a quixotic mission to make useful allies in fighting that war.