PDA

View Full Version : ......Huge Great White Shark circles the boat and feeds on a Whale`

LongTermGuy
08-28-2021, 09:03 PM
Just keep watching...gets better as it goes! Amazing....

`...45 miles south of Long beach NY we came upon a 40+ foot dead whale with lots of sharks around it, including a great white the size of 3 or 4 average sharks.`

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EX5ZVGncjY

icansayit
08-28-2021, 09:14 PM
Aside from my real fear of water (it's more powerful than most will ever know). THAT is exactly why I DO NOT SWIM IN SALT WATER (Without a Gunner's Mate on the Ship with a Big Rifle).

BOATS and SHIPS go on water in the Oceans. Sharks and Killer Whales guard their territory.

That video is....Thanks.

LongTermGuy
08-28-2021, 09:44 PM
I dont swim in oceans anymore...or even lakes...its their territory! (Sharks..snakes and viruses)

I will stick to a Pool thank you!:laugh:

But...Its a different story if very angry and after somone or thing...and really want them / it... nothing else matters...

**In these days and times there are many scenarios when (Nothing else matters) and anything is possible.

Juicer66
08-29-2021, 10:14 AM
I remember the panic when Great Whites appeared suddenly in the Red Sea . I used to then visit Hurghada fairly often .

Gained immediate immunity ( similar to Covid ) by making sure my bathing costume prominently featured our Union Jack .

I only remember meeting one American couple there which is probably why the Great Whites concentrated on Russian meat . They sensed the Germans and British would be

their match .

Why they picked a Babushka as their first snack I do not know . But then they came for more .

The Egyptian tourist board were frantic and from memory machine gunned the helpless hungry fishes from the air , using a flotilla of spotter craft to find them .

.Save the lovable Whitey I say .People misunderstand the way they greet us .

SassyLady
08-29-2021, 12:52 PM
I learned how to scuba dive while on vacation in Cozumel back in 2004 right after Hurricane Ivan went through. On my 2nd dive we were swimming with nurse sharks. Was really cool. They are not aggressive and were way down below us.

LongTermGuy
08-29-2021, 03:44 PM
I learned how to scuba dive while on vacation in Cozumel back in 2004 right after Hurricane Ivan went through. On my 2nd dive we were swimming with nurse sharks. Was really cool. They are not aggressive and were way down below us.

Well aqua women I am happy your still here with us!!:laugh:

That is so cool you learned how to scuba!!:cool:

SassyLady
08-29-2021, 06:07 PM
Well aqua women I am happy your still here with us!!:laugh:

That is so cool you learned how to scuba!!:cool:

Thank you! I have to admit I enjoy the warm water diving of the Carribean as opposed to cold water Pacific Coast. Dived off Monterey Bay once and said never again. Too cold and too dark. Putting on a complete scuba suit is exhausting. We walked down the beach which was no fun. In Couzamel we back flipped off a boat in just a swim suit. Way more colorful.