PDA

View Full Version : Now Britons stranded by Boris

jimnyc
08-29-2021, 01:19 PM
I don't know how many exactly, but all of this bailing and giving into the Taliban makes me nauseous. :rolleyes:

---

Left Behind: Boris Faces Backlash as Britons Stranded in Afghanistan

Boris Johnson’s government has been criticised for leaving behind British citizens and Afghan allies as the last evacuation flights depart Kabul, marking the end of a 20-year campaign.

In what is being characterised as the largest evacuation effort since the Second World War, some 15,000 people were evacuated by British forces from Kabul over the past two weeks over the course of President Joe Biden’s botched withdrawal from Afghanistan.

In total, some 5,000 British nationals, alongside approximately 8,000 Afghan allies and 2,200 children were brought to the United Kingdom under Operation Pitting, Sky News reported.

Yet Prime Minister Boris Johnson has come under fire for leaving behind British citizens and more Afghans who worked alongside the British military to fend for themselves under the Taliban’s radical Islamist regime.

One Briton who was left behind by his government is former British soldier Ben Slater, who has been assisting the government get other people out of the war-torn country. Government officials are alleged to have made a mistake on the paperwork required to evacuate him from Afghanistan.

“We’ve been let down massively. I’m still waiting,” Slater told The Telegraph, adding: “I am still helping the government that let me down, and I will continue to do so, and we will pick up anybody we can on the way.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2021/08/29/left-behind-boris-faces-backlash-as-britons-and-afghan-allies-are-left-stranded-in-afghanistan/

Juicer66
08-29-2021, 02:29 PM
Do not disagree .

But what the MSM reports and what is or will actually happen is likely to be very different .
It is just obvious good sense initially to publicly be seen to be following a previously agreed dead line .

However , who knows what behind the scenes agreements have been struck or will be agreed .
There are hundreds if not thousands of private contractors working for many different governments . Plus elite fighting groups .

For once the military may be advising Governments with the latter being told to shut up and do as told . No details will become public until after the event .
For once some so called secrets might actually remain undivulged .At least for awhile .