PDA

View Full Version : Flashback: We're Going to Stay Until We Get Them All Out

jimnyc
08-31-2021, 04:31 PM
No hesitation in answering the question here. In fact, he cut in early to respond.

So what changed I wonder?

---

Biden Lied to Stephanopoulos: 'We're Going to Stay Until We Get Them All Out’

As of Monday night, the United States has left Afghanistan, abandoning “several hundred” Americans to their fates at the hands of the Taliban. So it’s worth reminding journalists that Joe Biden lied to George Stephanopoulos on August 19 when he swore to the Good Morning America host: “If there’s American citizens left, we’re going to stay until we get them all out.”

Apparently not. Will journalists remember this falsehood?

Stephanopoulos, to his credit, has actually been pretty consistent on grilling the administration for its disastrous handling of Afghanistan. Here’s an exchange from the August 19 GMA:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Are you committed to making sure the troops stay until every American who wants to be out is out?

BIDEN: Yes, yes.

STEPHANOPOULOS: How about our Afghan allies, does the commitment hold for them as well.

BIDEN: The commitment holds to get everyone out that, in fact, we can get out and everyone that should come out and that's the objective. That's what we're doing now. That's the path we're on and I think we'll get there.

Rest - https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2021/08/31/flashback-biden-lied-stephanopoulos-were-going-stay-until-we-get

JakeStarkey
08-31-2021, 04:46 PM
You can't prove anyone was left behind who wanted to get out.

Quit being silly with the nonsensical lying.

jimnyc
08-31-2021, 04:58 PM

The administration themselves have acknowledged that folks are still there, and sources, several of which I posted, show quite a many over there that couldn't get out - and they damn well wanted to.

Do you enjoy coming off as stupid? Not sure what your game is.

jimnyc
08-31-2021, 07:32 PM

-

24 California Students Still Stranded in Afghanistan

There are at least 24 students from the Sacramento area San Juan Unified School District, who are now stranded in Afghanistan by President Joe Biden, following the final withdrawal of U.S. troops Monday, according to a report.

The Sacramento Bee reported that the school district confirmed at least 24 students are in the country as Taliban terrorists are now in control of the majority of the country and the airport since the last troops evacuating people left.

However, this number is down from the school district’s original estimate of 150 students that had yet to return to campus since the start of the 2021-2022 school year.

The report noted that the office of Democrat Rep. Ami Bera, who represents the school district, has contacted the school district and is working with them to bring the students back since the original story broke of two students being stranded.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/31/report-24-california-students-still-stranded-in-afghanistan/#

Three-Year-Old American from California Stranded in Afghanistan by Joe Biden

A 3-year-old boy from northern California, along with his family, is stranded in Afghanistan as a result of President Joe Biden’s botched Afghanistan withdrawal, according to a report.

The 3-year-old born near Sacramento with an American passport is stranded in Afghanistan, unable to leave the country, according to KGO, a Bay Area affiliate of ABC. The report hides the child’s identity and his family members fear being captured by the Taliban terrorists.

James Brown, a veteran’s advocate who has been working to get the family back to the United States safely, told KGO, “I received a call Sunday morning at about 6 a.m. from a friend of mine who’s an active duty Marine Corps officer stationed overseas, and he basically felt like his hands were tied and he needed some help getting this family out.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/08/31/3-year-old-american-california-afghanistan-joe-biden/

Gunny
08-31-2021, 09:18 PM

Quit being silly with the nonsensical lying.This is way below par for the standard of excellence you usually display for "Stupid". :slap:

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 06:10 AM
From real intelligence --- as distinct from hack journalist pieces which cobble CIA approved copy handed out by AP and Reuters ----- the number still left could be as high as

40 000 when you take into account private contractor personnel who are working for the supposed Government and / or the CIA . Plus a few elite combat groups which are

purposely under the radar .

He who must be nameless is anticipating a worst retribution figure of anything up to half of that number . Deaths . Executions .

I am sceptical and believe there is some overarching understanding between the US so called official Government and the Taliban . I suspect they will be' allowed' to kill

collaborators and opposition but be seen to make an agreement over the majority -- part of an attempted Sleepy redemption campaign .