PDA

View Full Version : Playing the Markets

Juicer66
08-31-2021, 06:46 PM
Any gamblers here ? Amateurs , Addicts or Professionals .

I play with Commodities and Cryptos plus work with one company of Technical Traders and prefer ETFs rather than straight equities and paper commodities as distinct from holding physical .

Bit difficult for Oil and Gas , so main commodity trades are leveraged in Precious Metals .

LongTermGuy
08-31-2021, 07:20 PM
Been awhile for me...long while...Oil..Gold and dow futures..exciting..but in the end..got lucky and broke a little above even...at that time of life..I turned on the off ramp...and focused on other things...Have to admit it was fun!!

jimnyc
08-31-2021, 07:21 PM
Any gamblers here ? Amateurs , Addicts or Professionals .

I play with Commodities and Cryptos plus work with one company of Technical Traders and prefer ETFs rather than straight equities and paper commodities as distinct from holding physical .

Bit difficult for Oil and Gas , so main commodity trades are leveraged in Precious Metals .

Not myself, but would love to! Just requires some more money! :laugh:

I do have a little in Ethereum but just feeling the waters out for awhile, crypto wise. But now it's getting saturated and difficult to figure who to invest in & when.

LongTermGuy
08-31-2021, 07:25 PM

I do have a little in Ethereum but just feeling the waters out for awhile, crypto wise. But now it's getting saturated and difficult to figure who to invest in & when.

So true! and NOW many investers have to look out for the "woke" companies..in the long run they will FAIL...as the American public gets more educated on the cancer..

JakeStarkey
08-31-2021, 07:52 PM
I leave it to our investment company.

They bought heavily in the last ten days in March 2020.

We have been fortunate.

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 03:49 AM
Been awhile for me...long while...Oil..Gold and dow futures..exciting..but in the end..got lucky and broke a little above even...at that time of life..I turned on the off ramp...and focused on other things...Have to admit it was fun!!

It bloody well is no fun at the minute .

My super strength has been removed by those effing Aliens and replaced with some ding bat contraption that is pointing me toward hell and destruction .

Still believe Gold , Silver , Platinum will go inter galactic by year end .

I will stick out my neck and say that Silver which is just sub $24 will be at least near double very fast and over $100 in next 12 months .

Fighting talk which I may well never live down .

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 03:53 AM
I leave it to our investment company.

They bought heavily in the last ten days in March 2020.

We have been fortunate.

Works well when in hindsight you move in at 'the right' point . But the adrenalin rush from successful Trading beats the smugness from successful investment every time . imho .

Or so I am told .

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 04:07 AM

Wow . Have followed ETH since it was a minnow .

A lot of very shrewd and successful Whales think BTC will break $100 000 by year end . Rationale is compelling , imo .

This bodes well for ETH which has already jumped exponentially , as I am sure you know .

If the Equity markets suffer a huge correction later and the petro dollar is continuously smacked -- which it surely will be --- this bodes well for the top Cryptos .

Where could ETH be by year end in this scenario ? 10 , 000 ?

I do not know, but moving at Warp Speed 8 .

JakeStarkey
09-01-2021, 06:58 AM
Works well when in hindsight you move in at 'the right' point . But the adrenalin rush from successful Trading beats the smugness from successful investment every time . imho .

Or so I am told .

It's a risk every time, unless you have loaded the dice, which I have never been able to do.

We took some loss in two meme stocks already this year: not big, but enough to bite a bit.

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 11:29 AM
ANY SILVER PUNTERS ?

Must write here more often . Since bleating earlier , the price is up from 23.80 to 24.25 .

My 5000oz punt is healthy and well in front .

For beginners , note that there is a close correlation between worth of US Dollar ( ticker DXY ) and Silver spot price .Near 100% .

I do not necessarily think that this is the start of the huge drive north with the white metal and I would sell short term as a Trader and buy back on dips until big news hits

the markets --- inflation up to 10% ( it is already but not officially ) , Distribution channels breaking up , Covid panic info , Election audit results, Sleepy tripping and breaking his neck etc etc .

Be Lucky .

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 11:50 AM
That Correlation between DXY and Silver Spot is inverse .
That is , when one goes up , the other goes down .

I forgot to make that clear .

LongTermGuy
09-01-2021, 02:35 PM
That Correlation between DXY and Silver Spot is inverse .
That is , when one goes up , the other goes down .

I forgot to make that clear .

.... and you have gone "short" at times (when the other goes down) Right..?:laugh:

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 05:04 PM
.... and you have gone "short" at times (when the other goes down) Right..?:laugh:

Not really .

If DXY drops , you expect that to favour PMs --- money flows into safer and less risky asset classes . That is , precious metal prices will tend to gain .

But often decisions are more made on gut feelings -- regardless of scholarship and research . My track record could be better ---- God's interference . Punishment .

However, I got it right today . I sold at the top -- as it happens .

Until something big comes along , my feeling is that price will channel between 23.75 and 24.25 and should be traded accordingly . It will repeat at least one more time

before trending higher -- based on current markers . But these have to be constantly re-assessed .

What 'we' need is that huge False Flag . Nothing like chaos to produce uncertainty and panic which again means a move to perceived safe harbours -- Gold etc .

Someone should blow Sleepy to pieces . Mix profit with pleasure and just reward .

Juicer66
09-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Am out--- though itching to play again after I sold at ca 24.20-- banked the profit ----- and it is now dancing around 23.90 . DXY is down considerably last 24 hours which gives me that bullish feel for spot Silver . BUT -------
Traders could also be evening up or getting out of futures positions ahead of Friday morning's U.S. employment situation report from the Labor Department, which could cause some higher volatility in markets. The August non-farm payrolls component of the jobs report is expected to see growth of 720,000 workers compared to a rise of 943,000 non-farm jobs in July.

So. Without confidential info , it is best to pause and wait before next move .imo .

Juicer66
09-03-2021, 08:09 AM
Go Baby Go .

Juicer66
09-04-2021, 04:28 AM
A Gary Wagner snippet from Kitco this morning .Confirms what should now be fairly obvious and PMs should move up further , particularly if the fake Covid variant stories are continued .

DXY took a large hit yesterday and if it falls further -- say under 91.80 -- this will be extremely bullish for the metals .

QUOTE :- This jobs report was an extremely bullish factor for gold futures taking the precious yellow metal $18.40 higher, with the December 2021 contract currently fixed at $1829.90. But the most profound effect that this report revealed is that the Federal Reserve will have to hold the current plans to normalize their asset purchases by tapering and cement their conviction to leave interest rates near zero for quite some time in the future. These factors have will an extremely bullish impact on the safe-haven asset gold for multiple reasons, which we will detail and discuss in our daily commentary next week.

Juicer66
09-06-2021, 05:51 AM

At least $5000 by month end ? Just under $4m at present
Snippet from ZH below .

Ethereum (ETHUSD) is seeing some healthy consolidation after briefly breaking above the psychologically key 4k whole figure level Friday. Significantly, although odds are moderately high for a retest of the record high in September, the steepness of the rally extension since late July suggests a high likelihood for the mild profittaking that has just begun to last another week or so. Any pullback in September to 3.5k will likely be brief. ETHUSD's correlation to BTCUSD (on a weekly chart) is suddenly back to 0.82 and trending towards the upper end of its 5 year range. Congratulations to readers alerted August 1st of the completion of the major June-July bottom (https://bit.ly/3jPzKaL), and to those who heeded the warning May 16th of the major top forming (https://bit.ly/3oIHi0F). I am long as of this past week in the 3340-3500 range, targeting 3700-4000 for September. The weekly RSI, Stochastics and MACD are rallying, but weighed by the tiring daily RSI and Stochastics.