PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Blackwater...

jimnyc
09-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Remember in 2004 when 4 Blackwater employees were killed in Fallujah? Their bodies burned and subsequently hung from a bridge where local residents tugged on them and poked them with sticks, and dragged their corpses around the street?

I'm not pointing at anyone specifically, I just find it insulting when so many are quick to point out errors by our military or employees, and any references to the rules of engagement, but when Iraqi's do something 100x worse, I don't see so many jumping to post their condemnation.

Why are some so quick to judge and condemn our own, but never post condemnations about the enemy? Very interesting if you ask me.

truthmatters
09-26-2007, 03:48 PM
I remember EVERYONE condeming those acts.

I do think we are Responsible for our own actions and their effects.

I get down on my son when he behaves badly more than I do when the neighborhood kid does for one VERY good reason.

He is MY son and his actions reflect on me much more than the neighborhood kids actions do.

I am responsible for my son and want him to behave in a moral manner and when I disipline him it does NOT mean I dont love him.

You seem to think it does....why?

jimnyc
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I remember EVERYONE condeming those acts.

I do think we are Responsible for our own actions and their effects.

I get down on my son when he behaves badly more than I do when the neighborhood kid does for one VERY good reason.

He is MY son and his actions reflect on me much more than the neighborhood kids actions do.

I am responsible for my son and want him to behave in a moral manner and when I disipline him it does NOT mean I dont love him.

You seem to think it does....why?

There have been hundreds of despicable acts committed by Iraqi's and/or insurgents/terrorists since you've been a member of this board. Can you please link me to the many threads you have started condemning such actions?

truthmatters
09-26-2007, 04:10 PM
I dont have any control over or responsibility for those people do I.

I do have some control and responsibility for what is done in my countrys name.

I dont sit and gossip about what the neighbor kid does either.

I try and teach and monitor MY kid to do the right thing.

You can make excuses for why your family behaves badly and condem the nieghbors but it does not make you a better person than your nieghbor.

jimnyc
09-26-2007, 04:29 PM
So you think it's "responsible" to constantly condemn or attack those from the USA, but don't want to speak out against those that kill our fellow countrymen?

hjmick
09-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I dont have any control over or responsibility for those people do I.

No, you don't

I do have some control and responsibility for what is done in my countrys name.

No, you don't. Not really.

I dont sit and gossip about what the neighbor kid does either.

I do. He's a little terror as are most of his friends.

I try and teach and monitor MY kid to do the right thing.

Me too. How's that working out for you? I'm two for three. The third one isn't really my fault though, there are some mental health issues involved. But, like Meatloaf says, two out of three ain't bad.

You can make excuses for why your family behaves badly and condem the nieghbors but it does not make you a better person than your nieghbor.

Oh come on, everybody thinks that, on some level, maybe just a little bit, they're better than their neighbors. It's human nature.

:D

truthmatters
09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I think America is better than their neighbors which is why I expect more out of my country.

My son is a fine young man who is an asset to whomever he is near.

Only had the one but he gets as much credit as I do for who he has become.

dan
09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Remember in 2004 when 4 Blackwater employees were killed in Fallujah? Their bodies burned and subsequently hung from a bridge where local residents tugged on them and poked them with sticks, and dragged their corpses around the street?

I'm not pointing at anyone specifically, I just find it insulting when so many are quick to point out errors by our military or employees, and any references to the rules of engagement, but when Iraqi's do something 100x worse, I don't see so many jumping to post their condemnation.

Why are some so quick to judge and condemn our own, but never post condemnations about the enemy? Very interesting if you ask me.

I think we need to get out of Iraq specifically because these people are such animals. We're sticking our noses into a place where stuff like this has been happening for years and years, it's terrible.

EDIT: By "these people", I mean the people that would/did do this, not all Iraqis.

JackDaniels
09-26-2007, 08:17 PM

Of course that incident was terrible. However, that does not negate the fact that we need to hold ourselves to a certain standard regarding conduct in Iraq. Your post is really meaningless.

jimnyc
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Of course that incident was terrible. However, that does not negate the fact that we need to hold ourselves to a certain standard regarding conduct in Iraq. Your post is really meaningless.

Actually, it's not.

While I agree with what you've said, others have "motives" for their posting habits. Some will post bad news about Iraq, our soldiers, Bush, the administration or anything at all that sheds Republicans or this war effort in a bad light.

But these very same people won't do anything to condemn the enemy. They won't make a post when positive things happen. Anything at all that may seem positive towards Bush, or Republicans will go unacknowledged by these types.

My intent wasn't to speak about what we should or shouldn't do, or to speak about the rules of engagement of those who oppose us. My intent was to point out the blatant hypocrisy and bias of some posters.

When we do positive things, I acknowledge it. When our soldiers run afoul, I speak against it. When our enemies act like animals, I condemn them.

I am not labeling this against Democrats or liberals, rather a few posters who are on the "far" left - and remind me of either lifelong DU members or representatives from MoveOn.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
There have been hundreds of despicable acts committed by Iraqi's and/or insurgents/terrorists since you've been a member of this board. Can you please link me to the many threads you have started condemning such actions?

jim.... just because folks don't jump to type posts condemning the brutality of islamic extremists does not me we don't personally condemn them. Ws all do. I know I certainly do. People start threads about stuff that interests them...I do not feel compelled to weigh in on every thread you start just so I don't miss a chance to spend time typing my distaste for acts committed by terrorists.

jimnyc
09-26-2007, 08:34 PM
jim.... just because folks don't jump to type posts condemning the brutality of islamic extremists does not me we don't personally condemn them. Ws all do. I know I certainly do. People start threads about stuff that interests them...I do not feel compelled to weigh in on every thread you start just so I don't miss a chance to spend time typing my distaste for acts committed by terrorists.

I don't consider you part of the "lunatic fringe", MFM. I think those who this pertains to know who they are, and fortunately it's only a small handful. But yes, it does bother me to see people so quick to condemn those within our borders and not a peep out of them about those who make our fouls look like a day in the park.

retiredman
09-26-2007, 08:44 PM
maybe we - rightfully - hold ourselves to a higher standard.... maybe some take our role as "the guys in the white hats" seriously.

Gaffer
09-27-2007, 06:08 PM
maybe we - rightfully - hold ourselves to a higher standard.... maybe some take our role as "the guys in the white hats" seriously.

If they took it seriously they wouldn't throw mud on the white hats.