PDA

View Full Version : *I'dd Rather Dan Rather STFU, But That Won't Happen*

chesswarsnow
09-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Dan Rather is trying to make a come back.
2. After the Neoliberal stood out on a limb making bogus claims about, *The President*.
3. Saying, *Whats Your Answer Mr. President?*
4. Right before the 2004 election.
5. To try and sway a Nation towards the Neoliberal Party.
6. In a last ditch effort to pull down, *President Bush* in 04.
7. While to this day he still thinks he got the story right, which he never did.
8. Making claims how his information was correct, but his position was vulnerable, so he was wrongly asked to self fire.
9. *This Huge-Bag-O-Crap*, needs to just slink away, and go live on a beach some where.
10. But no, he is about to stupidly stick his head in a meat grinder.
11. Which frankly he deserves.
12. He is going to file up against CBS, and drag Both *The President Bush's* into this, to continue to drag down the Republican Party, any way he can.
13. This is going to be very interesting to see another *Neoliberal Slow Train Crash*.
14. Read this:

http://www.examiner.com/blogs/Yeas_and_Nays/2007/9/26/Rather-chokes-up-and-hunkers-down

"

I'm not in this -- mostly -- with anybody else."

Former "Evening News" Dan Rather choked back tears on several occasions today when discussing his decision to file a lawsuit against CBS and he left many audience members with a sense that he may call President George W. Bush as a witness should the lawsuit proceed to trial (and Rather said he hoped it would).

When asked by Carol Joynt, host of the "Q&A Café" held at Nathans restaurant who worked with Rather at CBS in the 1970s, whether "he'd like to" call President Bush as a witness in the trial, Rather said "I'd like not to answer the question," leaving both Joynt and audience members wondering whether the newsman has Bush in his sights." Joynt later told Yeas & Nays, "From the look in his eye -- and he gave me a definite Ratheresque look -- I got the impression he will call the president as a witness. Possibly both of them: 41 and 43. He implied the suit is not against them, but what the suit is about stems directly from his antagonistic relationship with them."

In the lawsuit, Rather claims he was unjustifiably squeezed out of CBS by network executives following a 2004 story about President Bush’s service record in the Texas Air National Guard. After evidence emerged that the story’s primary documents were possibly faked or forged, Rather stated on air that “if I knew then what I know now, I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question.”

Joynt asked Rather if he believes the president hates him, and Rather responded by saying that "hate is a strong word." Then, he began to well up. "You've never met anybody who had more respect for the presidency than I do," said Rather, choking back tears. He stood by his 2004 story, saying "we got the truth, but we left ourselves vulnerable."

Rather also grew emotional when he revealed that many of his family members and "people who love me very dearly" had urged him not to file the lawsuit. He ultimately rejected their advice, comparing it to difficult decisions he's made in the past about traveling to travel to war zones over his family's objections. There comes a time, Rather said, when you have to say "it's just time to go." Rather later admitted that "I'm not in this -- mostly -- with anybody else."

More than a few eyebrows were raised when Rather said, "I have no complaints, news is a contact sport." Joynt quickly interjected, "Yeah but so are lawsuits." Still, Rather insisted that his lawsuit is not born out of resentment: "I'm not angry, I'm not bitter -- never have been. I'm a reporter … and this is a story." He denounced the "interference, intimidation and manipulation in newsrooms" caused largely by the corporatization and consolidation of news outlets and said that, despite the largely negative response his lawsuit has received in the court of public opinion, "people might come around when they find out what really went on."

"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

JackDaniels
09-26-2007, 08:21 PM
What is with the

(1) lists instead of paragraphs
(2) *constant astericks*
(3) Why do you start every post with "sorry bout that,"

Can you answer these questions?

Hugh Lincoln
09-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Dan Rather is one big baby. No lawsuit will get his sorry-ass reputation repaired.

JD, great Sobran quote! Sobran's a great one. It's a shame the Jews got him fired from National Review. Nowadays, EVERYONE who writes for NR is Jewish, so he probably wouldn't fit in.