PDA

View Full Version : Tornadoes

Abbey Marie
09-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Heading in our general, direction, a byproduct of Hurricane Ida. No basement. Ugh.

icansayit
09-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Heading in our general, direction, a byproduct of Hurricane Ida. No basement. Ugh.

If you know of a safer place. Go there. If not. Get in your bathroom, preferably with a tub, and cover yourself with pillows IN THE TUB. Sounds funny but that's safer because of the plumbing pipes and weight of the tub.
Stay safe.

JakeStarkey
09-01-2021, 04:03 PM
I have witnessed several, and I hope you don't see one.

SassyLady
09-01-2021, 04:21 PM

Abbey .. I grew up in panhandle of Texas and have seen a few. Only one actually hit our house. It's terrifying and loud .. like a train coming through. It blew out our windows, and ripped the porch off. Other than that no serious property damage ... we did lose a cow to debris.

Take whatever shelter you can and 🙏.

I'll be praying as well.

Juicer66
09-01-2021, 05:36 PM
One of these ?

tornado

AT 622 PM EDT, A TORNADO PRODUCING STORM WAS LOCATED OVER MULLICA HILL, OR 11 MILES SOUTHWEST OF GLOUCESTER CITY, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 40 MPH.
show me the full warning (http://www.tornadohq.com/severe-weather-map/#KPHI-TO-W-0046)
Burlington / Camden / Gloucester / Philadelphia
NJ / PA

tornado

AT 620 PM EDT, A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO WAS LOCATED OVER RICHBORO, OR 11 MILES WEST OF TRENTON, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 35 MPH.
show me the full warning (http://www.tornadohq.com/severe-weather-map/#KPHI-TO-W-0045)
Hunterdon / Mercer / Somerset / Bucks
NJ / PA

Kathianne
09-01-2021, 06:56 PM
If you know of a safer place. Go there. If not. Get in your bathroom, preferably with a tub, and cover yourself with pillows IN THE TUB. Sounds funny but that's safer because of the plumbing pipes and weight of the tub.
Stay safe.
That is the best after basement. If too few, get between doorway in center of building. If the house implodes, not great, but if roof blows off or tree falls on building , ya got a chance.