PDA

View Full Version : Kinzinger calls out Cawthorn as a 'degenerate'

JakeStarkey
09-01-2021, 06:09 PM
This is good news, for it shows some Republicans can think. Cheney called him out also, but I will leave that for later.

Adam Kinzinger Turns On Madison Cawthorn For Being A Degenerate
By Caleb Newton -August 31, 2021
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) appears fed up with lies from his Republican colleagues about the integrity of last year’s presidential election. This week, he publicly spoke out against Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) after the first-term Congressman claimed at a county GOP gathering that “if our election systems continue to be rigged,” then “bloodshed” will ensue. The idea that the “election systems” in the United States are “rigged” is absolutely nonsensical, and for Cawthorn to claim otherwise as an elected member of the United States Congress is nothing short of embarrassing. Cawthorn and those who push similar ideas don’t know what they’re talking about and have opted to live in what amounts to a fantasy world instead of reality.

https://bipartisanreport.com/2021/08/31/adam-kinzinger-turns-on-madison-cawthorn-for-being-a-degenerate/

SassyLady
09-01-2021, 06:37 PM
This is good news, for it shows some Republicans can think. Cheney called him out also, but I will leave that for later.

Adam Kinzinger Turns On Madison Cawthorn For Being A Degenerate
By Caleb Newton -August 31, 2021
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) appears fed up with lies from his Republican colleagues about the integrity of last year’s presidential election. This week, he publicly spoke out against Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.) after the first-term Congressman claimed at a county GOP gathering that “if our election systems continue to be rigged,” then “bloodshed” will ensue. The idea that the “election systems” in the United States are “rigged” is absolutely nonsensical, and for Cawthorn to claim otherwise as an elected member of the United States Congress is nothing short of embarrassing. Cawthorn and those who push similar ideas don’t know what they’re talking about and have opted to live in what amounts to a fantasy world instead of reality.

https://bipartisanreport.com/2021/08/31/adam-kinzinger-turns-on-madison-cawthorn-for-being-a-degenerate/

Link doesn't work

SassyLady
09-01-2021, 06:39 PM
Anyone who thinks Kinzinger or Cheney represents conservatives isn't well informed.

fj1200
09-01-2021, 07:37 PM
And Cawthorn is the face of conservatism?

SassyLady
09-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Did I say that?

fj1200
09-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Did I say that?

I inferred. Not sure why it needed to be a thing to be said. The issue seems to be whether Cawthorn is right or wrong not who represents conservatives.

Gunny
09-01-2021, 08:50 PM
I inferred. Not sure why it needed to be a thing to be said. The issue seems to be whether Cawthorn is right or wrong not who represents conservatives.
Based on this?

“if our election systems continue to be rigged,” then “bloodshed” will ensue.
I would say that is an opinion. I think he is not voicing an original thought. I believe there are a LOT of people out their that believe we're sitting on a lighted powder keg. Not of matter if it'll blow. Just when. Shoot the messenger?

Kinziger sounds a LOT like one of those RINOs that like to tell others how to behave.

fj1200
09-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Based on this?

I would say that is an opinion. I think he is not voicing an original thought. I believe there are a LOT of people out their that believe we're sitting on a lighted powder keg. Not of matter if it'll blow. Just when. Shoot the messenger?

Kinziger sounds a LOT like one of those RINOs that like to tell others how to behave.

Maybe occasionally when someone goes a little too far IMO like Cawthorn then it may be best if another Republican says, "whoa there big guy, slow your roll."

Gunny
09-01-2021, 09:04 PM
Maybe occasionally when someone goes a little too far IMO like Cawthorn then it may be best if another Republican says, "whoa there big guy, slow your roll."Sure. Although given today's political climate I'm not sure why stating what he did is any more offensive than what a LOT of Democrats say, all the time.

If one displays such behavior outside the norm for decorum, I suppose a colleague could call him off to the side and "have a word with him". Not go to the media.

SassyLady
09-01-2021, 09:13 PM
Maybe occasionally when someone goes a little too far IMO like Cawthorn then it may be best if another Republican says, "whoa there big guy, slow your roll."

Who took Maxine aside and said slow your roll? No one. They applauded her.

Why is it that conservatives are not allowed to be emotional and speak what they feel their constituents feel.

I'm with Gunny.... when will it blow ... not if.

Black Diamond
09-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Based on this?

Borderline....

But the country is approaching a boiling point. I am just wondering how long before it blows.

Black Diamond
09-01-2021, 10:28 PM

Why is it that conservatives are not allowed to be emotional and speak what they feel their constituents feel.

Republicans (let's face it there aren't many if any conservatives) are held to a higher standard. And they play by rules while the dems don't.

fj1200
09-02-2021, 07:22 AM
Sure. Although given today's political climate I'm not sure why stating what he did is any more offensive than what a LOT of Democrats say, all the time.

If one displays such behavior outside the norm for decorum, I suppose a colleague could call him off to the side and "have a word with him". Not go to the media.

Republicans should be better considering the media is stacked against them. I agree yes, someone should take him aside and have a word but sometimes public officials from the same party should say publicly "that ain't right." It's a fine line I'm sure but when people who shouldn't be stoking the fire are stoking the fire...

Waters? She's crazy along with people who applaud her. Republicans need to be better. But there's emotional and then there's the downright ridiculous. What he said wasn't even logical. Election systems are rigged when Republicans mostly did well except for the buffoon and GA senators when the buffoon did his level best to snatch their defeat from the jaws of victory.

When elected officials talk like that yeah, it's when, not if. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
09-02-2021, 11:43 AM
:laugh:

Gunny
09-02-2021, 06:32 PM
Republicans should be better considering the media is stacked against them. I agree yes, someone should take him aside and have a word but sometimes public officials from the same party should say publicly "that ain't right." It's a fine line I'm sure but when people who shouldn't be stoking the fire are stoking the fire...

Waters? She's crazy along with people who applaud her. Republicans need to be better. But there's emotional and then there's the downright ridiculous. What he said wasn't even logical. Election systems are rigged when Republicans mostly did well except for the buffoon and GA senators when the buffoon did his level best to snatch their defeat from the jaws of victory.

When elected officials talk like that yeah, it's when, not if. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.I don't know about Republicans, but I DO already know I am better than anything I've seen on the left. I don't need to prove it by stating it over and over, nor allowing the left to use it as a weapon against me as the Republicans have for decades, while having zero standards of their own.

Perhaps Cawthorn could have worded his statement differently than posing it as a quasi-threat. However, I think it's probably as good a time as any for those who choose to run and hide from the discussion of a possible civil war to address the topic instead of pretending it's not there.

The left doesn't want to hear about it as it exposes them. Most "civilized" people (with the manners) don't want to consider it because it requires facing some hard choices none of us have ever had to make.

Russ
09-02-2021, 08:12 PM

I have no idea who Cawthorn is, but if Kinziger is going after him then he must be doing something right.

fj1200
09-02-2021, 08:54 PM
I have no idea who Cawthorn is, but if Kinziger is going after him then he must be doing something right.

Madison Cawthorn, NC Congressman, 26 years old. Getting a little ahead of himself trying to rile up the base.

Gunny
09-03-2021, 08:12 AM
Madison Cawthorn, NC Congressman, 26 years old. Getting a little ahead of himself trying to rile up the base.Puppy with a loud bark :)

Brings up an interesting point ... more of these younger Republicans appear ready and willing to confront the left. I agree they don't need to be assholes about it, but isn't Republicans confronting the left on its BS what we've all been railing about for over 20 years?

Rile up the Republican base? Tell them they have to get a shot. :halo9:

Abbey Marie
09-03-2021, 09:28 AM
To claim our election system could not be “rigged” is what is nonsensical. In fact, we have been happily rigging other countries’ elections for decades.

And you know damn well that next time Dems lose, they will be claiming it was rigged.

As mentioned, the link isn’t live (@JakeStarkey you need to fix that), so I’m a little in the dark here, but even mentioning potential bloodshed isn’t cool with me. But it will make a handy sound bite for his next political rival.

ETA: not sure why the @ didn’t work. (I spelled his name right, didn’t I?)